2001 Lincoln LS8 in Virginia (757)

is it already peeling in the 2nd video? around the lip?

I pulled it wrong like a dumbass... theres only one wheel thats actually done nicely... but it's not gonna be on long =... maybe a few weeks at most..

I pulled the tape too late after I had wet it leaving the cuts and bullcrap. I mean, I'd do it over, but thats a lot of shii to do lol... Idk, I may leave that for something to do this week so I'm not soo bored

So what did you ever do about the overheating problem? don-ohio :)^)

I pulled it wrong like a dumbass... theres only one wheel thats actually done nicely... but it's not gonna be on long =... maybe a few weeks at most..

I pulled the tape too late after I had wet it leaving the cuts and bullcrap. I mean, I'd do it over, but thats a lot of shii to do lol... Idk, I may leave that for something to do this week so I'm not soo bored

So what did you ever do about the overheating problem? don-ohio :)^)

Nothing, my friend came over and just added full strength coolant and bled the air for a bit.

So pretty much thats at a standstill until I go back to the yard and get the parts. Which I'm hoping I can do next week.

I've given up trying to get the actuator out and changing the fan for now. I'm just gonna go straight for the pump as a whole and swap it out completely. Then I'm going to go back and put the new old fan back in and see if it turns. From there, I'm gonna have to find another fan if it stands still after all of that.

Changed the valve cover gasket, spark plugs, and coil packs and the dipstick came out.. had to go to a shop to put it back in.. thank God they were across the street. Got hella war wounds on every finger and in every crevice. Faawwwkkk

6b00edeab9b6a6a31f2851ebd7837628.jpg

Worked out in the rain too.
Oh you need proof?

Lol here's some disgusting evidence

7aff58d3abee594d400460af4c7e3593.jpg

_-_ IG: KID_LYRICS _-_

Can't wait to see the "war wounds" post on sway bar bushing replacement

Can't wait to see the "war wounds" post on sway bar bushing replacement
Lol, they aren't real war wounds. My real ones have healed and left scars from replacing my last engine lol... so those are nothing, just very inconvenient where they are placed lol.

I don't see no wounds, I do however see an infection under them fingernails soon if you don't book that pedicure this week. Ha!

I don't see no wounds, I do however see an infection under them fingernails soon if you don't book that pedicure this week. Ha!
Hahaha... right? ! I can't keep my nail clean for ish with this car!!!

Finally did that fuel filter...and now I'm trying to figure this out...

ef5a45ef104a1ddf84f97100644d5888.jpg
14228aee4cb99fa40c1d229a0e641960.jpg
1fd45b27b3c1ac56d795f48a10c4f2a0.jpg
2b9b156efa3d691adb2eba0c6df0132d.jpg
eb4f3fd067294a0559b132592c5720a1.jpg

However, the last owner took the cds out before my eyes when I bought the car that day. So I'm mot understanding the issue here. Its completely empty. I can even slide one inside...

What.... the.....fawk...

Idles rough. I just changed out 5-8. Then I come to a stop at a light and it cuts off. I would think it's a vacuum leak, but I got scanned for 1,3,8, misfire. I haven't heard of a mifire cutting off the engine. Is that possible? I'm about to just change 1-4 right now while I have time... any input?

https://vimeo.com/167199371

https://vimeo.com/167199380

Taken out... what...the...what?!
d25541890cac702691172ef608edb085.jpg
b70ddd8129aa302612d35a2d7b33b9ac.jpg

14fa314424bd7801eeb96112caa82bea.jpg

That's a water leak. How are your coil cover and cowl seals?

That's a water leak. How are your coil cover and cowl seals?
They looked like they had mad rust on them...the drivers side had water dripping into /onto the cover near the firewall when I replaced the gasket. I'm assuming that's it's bad?

Not to mention, I can't get those 2 spark plugs out of the head because there's nothing to grab onto

Have to clean the rust and "mud" out first.
But shouldn't there be something to grab onto even with that being there?? It looks as if the socket threads have rusted off or something .

But shouldn't there be something to grab onto even with that being there?? It looks as if the socket threads have rusted off or something .

It looks like the level of gunk in the bottom of the well is keeping you from getting down to the base of the plug where the hex feature that engages with the socket is. (I don't see the bottom of the well in that picture. For all I can tell, there may be gunk an inch deep there.) Besides that, you really don't want any of that stuff falling into the cylinder when you do get the plug out. You might try soaking it overnight with some PB blaster, them blast it good with a water hose, then vacuum everything out.

It's either this (gunk covering the base of the plug) or you are really screwed here.

It looks like the level of gunk in the bottom of the well is keeping you from getting down to the base of the plug where the hex feature that engages with the socket is. (I don't see the bottom of the well in that picture. For all I can tell, there may be gunk an inch deep there.) Besides that, you really don't want any of that stuff falling into the cylinder when you do get the plug out. You might try soaking it overnight with some PB blaster, them blast it good with a water hose, then vacuum everything out.

It's either this (gunk covering the base of the plug) or you are really screwed here.
That entire response is what I said to myself. Sigh ..

When u do get this crap cleaned out and water drip stopped PLEASE put in 8 brand new OEM Ford DG529's and be done with it.

Can't keep on putting junk yard parts on this LS ... bite the bullet ... OPEN WALLET

When u do get this crap cleaned out and water drip stopped PLEASE put in 8 brand new OEM Ford DG529's and be done with it.

Can't keep on putting junk yard parts on this LS ... bite the bullet ... OPEN WALLET
I didnt put those in there.

Members online

No members online now.
Back