2 Questions w/ 2 Pictures

Myco

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Does this bottom piece of chrome below the windows come off?

DSC01052.jpg

What is this beside the air compressor?

DSC01054.jpg

Myco,

The Door Belt Molding pops off ! Just use something thin and wide to get under it to pop it off !

Good Luck,
Sonny

Be careful!! The door trim has a plastic insert just above and left of the door handle. It's right where the trim narrows. I broke both of mine and had to get new ones at the junk yard. I probably broke 8 of them at the junk yard before I got 2 that didn't break. Good Luck!!!

Myco,

The Door Belt Molding pops off ! Just use something thin and wide to get under it to pop it off !

Good Luck,
Sonny

Does the chrome pop off all the way around the door or just the bottom?

Ya, looks like the VRCM to me too. Too big to be the relay for the compressor.

if gen 2 then the vcrm is next to the compressor...gen 1 it's in front of your radiator inside your front bumper right above the transcooler

Wow, I learned something new - never knew that the control module was relocated to the side on gen 2's. I worked on a gen 2 once and didn't even notice. (or maybe I did and just can't remember - Lol)

yes second gens relocated the vcrm to the compressor bracket

its a VLCM 93-96 is VCRM!!! if you pry the chrome off and the white plastic insert breaks the modling will still snap back on with no problem, but you will break it, its nearly impossible to not break it, its old and brittle and they snap snap snap all the time.

93-96 is VCRM!!!

Says VRCM in my 93 book. (variable relay control module)

Confused? I am. :lol:

Think I'll just call it 'the black box' from now on. :lol:

EDIT: Now I'm really confused - in the vacuum and electrical book it says the opposite! (main book can't make up it's mind, either!)

:q:q:q:qing stupid books.

*tosses them across the room*

its a VLCM 93-96 is VCRM!!! if you pry the chrome off and the white plastic insert breaks the modling will still snap back on with no problem, but you will break it, its nearly impossible to not break it, its old and brittle and they snap snap snap all the time.

And you tried telling me this before I snapped mine but it still went down good and it ain't going anywhere. When I got home, I took the pass side off and snapped it too but got a mint one right back on without the plastic insert and it too sets flush just like it had the insert there. That tab don't really hold much anyway.

Members online

No members online now.
Back