1993 Repaint

rrudd2

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Back in 2007, I purchased a Blue 93 from Jamie. It was in excellent condition when I picked it up from him.

It became my son's car that Fall, and he's driven it since then. It's been driven hard and sat outside in Illinois weather for 5 years. Those 5 years were not kind to the paint and clear coat. The clear coat was dead and pealing in several spots and the paint had faded. It had also been tagged in the rear about 2 years ago, so there was minor bumper damage there. This Spring, I had to replace the driver's door.

Mechanically, its a great car. I've fixed issues as they've come up, and replaced worn parts. The car needed body work and paint, but I have no skills in that area.

I've got a buddy at work who's son took auto body classes in High School and Junior College and currently works as a painter for Maaco. I offered his son some "spending money" to do the body work, and had him take it to work and paint it.

I know when people hear Maaco, they think "garbage". I was willing to take a chance on my buddy's kid, and would have been happy with a "10 foot car". I got way better than that:

Before:
IMG_0639.jpg

After:
IMG_0649.jpg

Pictures are from my iPhone, so they're not the greatest. The car "pops" in person!

More images here:93 Repaint

Nice paint job. Especially without the pinstripes.

I agree, that does look good, even with it being phone pics. My car also came from Jamie in 2010

I hate pinstripes on a Mark and glad mine came without them. I think your sons friend done a good job though. It should last a while if taken care of.

Looks very nice, its all in the prep work and how much attention to detail the body man and painter take..I like the color, is that the factory blue or something he just mixed up that's close to it?

That looks fantastic Rrudd. I wouldn't mind driving that bad boy around.

I got a single stage on my old caprice from macco and it turned out nice for what it was.

Looks great. Unfortunately, not all Maaco painters can replicate that. They hire them straight out of the McD's patty flipper.

Maaco is perfect for these cars. It's not cost effective to put a paint job on a Mark that would cost more than the car is worth.

Maaco is perfect for these cars. It's not cost effective to put a paint job on a Mark that would cost more than the car is worth.

I beg to differ.......

You don't want to know what I'm about to spend on my 95's paint. In the long run, it's not about the money, its about having a car that no one else has, one you want and want to drive.

Back on topic, that looks good man.

Next time I'm back in the Beardstown area we need to get a meet setup.

LSC8 lives just outside of Pleasant Plains.

I like the blue. When I was looking for a Mark one of the first ones I found was in Chicago and it was Blue with a black interior. I have always like a Blue car looks good, whats the interior color?

Looks very nice, its all in the prep work and how much attention to detail the body man and painter take..I like the color, is that the factory blue or something he just mixed up that's close to it?

They mixed the paint to factory specs based on the paint code. It's Nordic Blue, or damned close.

Back on topic, that looks good man.

Next time I'm back in the Beardstown area we need to get a meet setup.

LSC8 lives just outside of Pleasant Plains.

I'd be up for a meet!

My daughter and son-in-law are buying a house in Pleasant Plains. I'm sure I'll hear one of them will hit me with "I saw a Mark VIII with an awesome paint job...."

I like the blue. When I was looking for a Mark one of the first ones I found was in Chicago and it was Blue with a black interior. I have always like a Blue car looks good, whats the interior color?

Interior is blue. I picked up a bunch of interior parts from Sapper earlier this year, so the interior looks good too!

I beg to differ.......

In the long run, it's not about the money, its about having a car that no one else has, one you want and want to drive.

+1.

Friday was the first time I drove my 98 in a few weeks, and I still just love it, even though it's not quite running right at the moment. It always puts a smile on my face.

I kinda miss my Nordic 93, very pretty color, looks good man!

I think it looks great! :)

I think the blue darkens with age and the new paint has so much more pop! At least that is what I thought when I had mine done.

There is one somewhere here in Madison. I have seen it twice in the past year but it's always going in the opposite direction and making a turn but it has snowflakes and everything looks completely original. Last time I saw it, it was dirty but Marks are very far and few in between where I live. I would love to have a blue on black 93-95

Members online

No members online now.
Back