1993 lincoln mark VIII 67k

licnoln owners make me sick, they want all the luxury and performance that a car like this delivers, but they just don't wanna pay for it, the cheapest gruop of people i've ever seen. and i say that, cause i've been a ford licnoln mercury car salesmen for 18 years, now and even the old folks that buy towncars are cheap as hell.

As a salesman, you of all people should know that it takes more than a paint job and flashy wheels etc. to sell an early 90s domestic coupe for significantly more than its market value.

BTW, its LINCOLN - you've been selling them for 18 years, at least spell it correctly.

Now, pick up your teddies and put them back in your stroller, lower your price and sell the darn thing!

this duche bag is crying on all of the lincoln boards about no one buying his car. i knew from the second i told him it was priced to high and he blew a gasket he would be like this. saying he should just send it to the crusher, yes do that, so have your local junk yard crush it, and take a video to show us, what a cry baby. oh all us lincoln people make you sick and we're all cheap, then get the hell off the lincoln boards, and im so glad you told us that you are a salesman, now that explains the baby attitude because no one will buy your car. you must sell alot of cars in person with a cry baby attitude like this.

if you are a salesman that means you work on at a dealership, put a sign in it there and then negotiate with some clueless bastard until you get the price you want...after 18 years you should be able to sell yugos for $4500

rule 101 in doing any type of business, if you insult your target audience you are not likely to be doing much business ;)

this duche bag is crying on all of the lincoln boards about no one buying his car. i knew from the second i told him it was priced to high and he blew a gasket he would be like this. saying he should just send it to the crusher, yes do that, so have your local junk yard crush it, and take a video to show us, what a cry baby. oh all us lincoln people make you sick and we're all cheap, then get the hell off the lincoln boards, and im so glad you told us that you are a salesman, now that explains the baby attitude because no one will buy your car. you must sell alot of cars in person with a cry baby attitude like this.

LOL I would love to see that car crushed :) I think its ugly.
Jamie How many Marks have you sent to the crusher ? another one bites the dust.

I see he has one offer I wonder how much ? I bet it aint over 3,500 :rolleyes:

LMAO! This thread is too funny. In the other forum Black ice and Cal and the gang would have BANNED him already! Joey, What are you waiting for? HAHA!

he reminds me of the guy a while back... usa-car-boy,.. i think..

all he did was piss everyone off with his pointless ranting..

he used to insult everyones car and post pics of "his" ferraris and lambos..

then one of us from near him said to meet up to prove it .. he houdini'd..

after the posts i just seen, i wouldn't care if someone did ban me off this childish site.
First off you guys have me all wrong.
regardless of what price i posted on my car, has nothing to do with the kind of person i am.i also realize that you don't get the money back you put in it. but it doesn't hurt to try.it's obvious theres alot of well versed lincoln owners on here. and they do for the most part know the value of a car. just becuase a certian type of vehicle is only selling for a certain price doesn't mean thats all it's worth does it?
if one of you other guys that are on here bashing me so bad becuase of my price had an add for thier car, and i thought the price was way to high. i would just go on to the next thread or maybe i'd even be kind of enough to say something positive about how nice the car is and tell them good luck with the sale.
they'll figure it out on thier own that their price is too high.once they can't get any one to bite on it.they'll eventually lower thier price til in it's the right area for a potential buyer.
I should be able to ask whatever i want for a vehicle without being criticized. doesn't mean i will get what i'm asking. but i can always come down on price . and if i was asking a lower price that everyone felt was fair, then you still get beat up more money off. so it's a no win situation when you're selling a car.
and i apologize for the rant on saying how i hate lincoln owners becuase thier cheap, i was having a bad day, and you can only take so many insults in one day.
i've been a long time lincoln owner and i have owned many over the years, i currently own this mark VIII and a 02 LS.and i love them both.
i'm really an easy going guy that gets along with everyone, i just get rubbed the wrong way when people post negative stuff that i already know and i don't need to be told. i have no time for negative people.
i've been building and drag racing my whole life, i am a long term member of over 50 forums and with thousands of posts and i've never been kicked down on a site like i have on this one.
these members really know how to welcome a guy with open arms.

You started with the bad attitude. Jamie merely made a comment, trying to be helpful. Obviously, the thread went down hill from there on in...

Anyway, water under the bridge. :)

Lets start over...

Did you end up selling the car?

Oh, and welcome! btw.

no i didn't sell the car. and i've decided that with fuel prices the way they are i should probably just go ahead and enjoy the car this summer, since it gets the best mileage of any of my current vehicles.
i have so many cars that come and go i get bored easy and just throw cars up for sale to see what happens. nothing happened with this one.

no i didn't sell the car. and i've decided that with fuel prices the way they are i should probably just go ahead and enjoy the car this summer

Good idea! If you have spent all that time and money fixing it up, you might as well enjoy it for a while!

You wont get banned off this childish site, but people around here are going to say it as it is.
If you stick around you will find a great group that stick together.
Good luck.
What ET and MPH does your 89 mustang drag car pull ?
Any Pics ?

Good luck.

Nicely worded---------------

You wont get banned off this childish site, but people around here are going to say it as it is.
Good luck.
What ET and MPH does your 89 mustang drag car pull ?
Any Pics ?

the 89 runs in the 9's baturally aspirated with a stock. and my 93 runs runs low 10 on pump gas naturally aspirated with a stick the red one is the 93 the black one is my 89 coupe.

front engine.jpg

DCP_0033.JPG

DCP_00071 (3).jpg

93 347hatch (2).jpg

Nice black stang :cool:
What are the 60 foot times ?
looks like a blast :D
How old is the boy he has a ear to ear smile :) looks like a drag racer in the making.

Very nice Mustangs! Would like to get an old fox body myself someday as a project - im torn between the notch backs and fast backs though! Lol. What engines do you run? They 351Ws? Funny, was just reading this months (well, Mays) MM & FF about a guy's 85 GT - made me want one! - certainly something very appealing about a simple, relatively cheap, N/A car running 10s. :)

the coupe runs 9.20 at 143 with a 1.29 60ft. with a 434 ci. windsor
the red car runs 10.17 @133 with a 1.38 60ft. time. with a 347
the kid in the coupe is my 10 year old.

i'm building a true 302 c.i motor right now to go into a 89 hatch that will run high 9's on motor and i'll be spinning it about 8800rpm with a stick and naturally aspirated.

well since we got off to a bad start and now i see you are into mustangs maybe you can appreciate my buddies 85 gt. back about 8 years ago when i lived in massachusetts, about 10 of my buddies including myself were all fox body guys, i also owned an 85 red and black gt with the basic bolt ons but my buddy bryan after owning his 85 for about 11 years has gone from a very clean original 85gt to a full on race car only with it. he swore up and down he would never do what he has and now it will never see the street again.
he has a 77 n-code 429 in it now with a full manual valve body c-6 and runs 10.60's with a 150 shot on a stock 8.8 rear. it has come along way and went through some serious changes since his high school days with it!

Track%201.jpg

DSC00007.JPG

DSC00087.JPG

_DSC0094.jpg

0595.jpg

:W to :V The paint on your Mark VIII is very cool looking and i do like the custom hood you have on it. :cool: The more time you spend here you will like the place.

the coupe runs 9.20 at 143 with a 1.29 60ft. with a 434 ci. windsor
the red car runs 10.17 @133 with a 1.38 60ft. time. with a 347
the kid in the coupe is my 10 year old.

i'm building a true 302 c.i motor right now to go into a 89 hatch that will run high 9's on motor and i'll be spinning it about 8800rpm with a stick and naturally aspirated.

1.29 60 foot what a blast.:cool:
Best part about dragracing the first 60 feet, and oh ya and some fender racing :D
I have a 15 year old running a JR.
Its a great father son time...when your boy gets older you will have to get him into a JR. :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back