1/4 mile times and kill stories

Yah, I like the big inch Windsors because they can be streetable because the huge cubes take away lots of the lope of the cam.

My old 418:

Forged crank/rods/SRP pistons - 10:1 CR
Trick Flow TW heads with LOTS of portwork (still too small)
Performer RPM intake with LOTS of portwork (still to small)
Lunati 51015 - .536/.536 218/228 @ .050, 112 LSA, 108 IC
1 5/8 shorties (huge restriction) and tiny, crappy exhaust (read: stock catback)

This thing only made 346 rwhp, but it made 442 ft. lbs. :D It had over 400 ft lbs from 2200 rpms. What a riot. With the stock catalytic H-pipe on, this thing sounded STOCK. I really mean that. No cam lope, no nasty raspy exhaust, nothing. It was hilarious. On crappy street tires with the cats on it would still trap 110 mph with no troubles, everytime.

My new setup, unfortunately, is considerably louder - due mostly to the more aggressive cam (both in ramp rate and duration) and the much larger exhaust.

422 ci
Forged crank, billet rods, custom pistons - 8.8:1 CR
Brodix M2 Track 1 CNC
TFS-R with 90mm Accufab TB
4" inlet with AEM management and speed density (no MAF!)
FTI custom grind .576/.569 234/236 @ .050 114 LSA
1 3/4" Accufab mid-lengths with full madrel-bent custom 3" all the way back

This car is MUCH louder, but still not bad considering the combination. I have cats and magnaflows on there in an attempt to quiet it down.

No numbers yet, we shall see.

Paul.

i never got the 91 to the track i only had it about 3 months. but from seat of the pants feel it felt considerably faster then the 347. i wish i knew what the specs were on it. it was also loud as :q:q:q:q i thinkit was do to the high compression ratio in it. i could run race fuel if iwanted to in it. never did though

This is a good thread.

New best at a density altitude of 7900 feet in my stock (well, strut/coil conversion & mufflers removed) 94 is 16.32 @ 87.225, with a 60' of 2.488 and 10.641 1/8th time.

For reference an 05 Mustang GT got a 15.19 best, 92 SHO ran 16.6s, and my friend's 99 GT... well I didn't see what it ran since it was behind me.

And I just got some 4.10s from the FedEx guy, those & the trac loc are going in before the next time I hit the track.

MediumD said:
This is a good thread.

New best at a density altitude of 7900 feet in my stock (well, strut/coil conversion & mufflers removed) 94 is 16.32 @ 87.225, with a 60' of 2.488 and 10.641 1/8th time.

For reference an 05 Mustang GT got a 15.19 best, 92 SHO ran 16.6s, and my friend's 99 GT... well I didn't see what it ran since it was behind me.

And I just got some 4.10s from the FedEx guy, those & the trac loc are going in before the next time I hit the track.

ughhh,elevation sucks,
have you ever driven that 94 near sea level?
you 'll think you got a new car.
i think i would have to move to lower ground,lol

i cant even imagine owning an underpowered Na 4cyl car in that altitude.

carry on...........

Moes8 said:
ughhh,elevation sucks,
have you ever driven that 94 near sea level?
you 'll think you got a new car.
i think i would have to move to lower ground,lol

i cant even imagine owning an underpowered Na 4cyl car in that altitude.

carry on...........

Elevation does suck, but it's not that bad since all the naturally aspirated cars run slower. When I got the car in Austin (only 500' asl) it was pretty fun, but here it's like I'm driving a Town Car instead of a Mark.

I don't have to move to lower ground I just have to cram some more air in there...

About how much time do you guys think a Mark will pick up going from 3.08s to 4.10s? Hope it at least matches my ETC (off the spray of course.)

MediumD said:
Elevation does suck, but it's not that bad since all the naturally aspirated cars run slower. When I got the car in Austin (only 500' asl) it was pretty fun, but here it's like I'm driving a Town Car instead of a Mark.

I don't have to move to lower ground I just have to cram some more air in there...

About how much time do you guys think a Mark will pick up going from 3.08s to 4.10s? Hope it at least matches my ETC (off the spray of course.)

i really think in that thin air i would have to own a turbocharged vehicle.

or a turbo mark,even better.

went to the strip last night
first run netted me a 15.0 @ 111mph can you say hella tirespin off the line got her side ways alittle
second got me a 14.6 @101
then the third got a 14.57 @106
the rest of the night was around th low 14.6 range
not bad for LMS MAF, shift kit, exhaust.

Cbecker1994Vlll said:
went to the strip last night
first run netted me a 15.0 @ 111mph can you say hella tirespin off the line got her side ways alittle
second got me a 14.6 @101
then the third got a 14.57 @106
the rest of the night was around th low 14.6 range
not bad for LMS MAF, shift kit, exhaust.

that's actualy really impressive for those mods, congratulations. 106 is fast! 111 is even faster. What other mods do you have?

Those times seem right but I just can't see trapping 111 with just those mods. I mean a 443hp XLR-V which weighs about the same traps less than 111.

MediumD said:
Those times seem right but I just can't see trapping 111 with just those mods. I mean a 443hp XLR-V which weighs about the same traps less than 111.

i thinkmy trap speed was so high on that run because of the tire spin off of the start i had stalled it up and right before the light hit the tires started to break loose a tiny bit so when i hammered it, it started to spin damn hard then got a little sideways not like dramatically, so i feathered it out then remashed it. and it spun pretty good on the first to second shift but it usually always does. it jumps from about 55 to about 67 usually.

oh yeah i have a TCI Tc to but i am not sure what kind it is I think it is a street fighter all i know is i got a 2800rpm foot break stall before the tires start to go. i had bought it from one of my friends for dirt cheap.i don't know how big of a differance that makes

Cbecker1994Vlll said:
i thinkmy trap speed was so high on that run because of the tire spin off of the start i had stalled it up and right before the light hit the tires started to break loose a tiny bit so when i hammered it, it started to spin damn hard then got a little sideways not like dramatically, so i feathered it out then remashed it. and it spun pretty good on the first to second shift but it usually always does. it jumps from about 55 to about 67 usually.

oh yeah i have a TCI Tc to but i am not sure what kind it is I think it is a street fighter all i know is i got a 2800rpm foot break stall before the tires start to go. i had bought it from one of my friends for dirt cheap.i don't know how big of a differance that makes

You don't have enough power for a 111 mph trap speed. It must have been an error in the timing equipment.

Dr. Paul said:
You don't have enough power for a 111 mph trap speed. It must have been an error in the timing equipment.

personally i don't really care about trap speed. so if it was an error or not i just really don't care. i care more about what time i turned.

I called my buddy i bought the TC from and he said it was a saturdaynight special. i tried to look up the specs on it but couldnt' really find anything so if anyone knows any specs on one let me know please.

Oh yeah dr paul since you are a windsor man, what brand stroker kit should i go with for the 408 windsor we are building. and maybe some cam suggestions

Where the hell do all these triple digit trap speeds come from in 14-15 second Mark VIIIs? :shifty:

driller said:
Where the hell do all these triple digit trap speeds come from in 14-15 second Mark VIIIs? :shifty:

They're magical. You didn't know?

Cbecker1994Vlll said:
Oh yeah dr paul since you are a windsor man, what brand stroker kit should i go with for the 408 windsor we are building. and maybe some cam suggestions

Give me a budget, intended usage, what car it's going in, and I'll give you some ideas.

Paul.

dunno man mine comes from tire spin i suppose. usually i run around 98-101. at least what most of my traps were after my first 3 runs. i got the hang of working the stall better as the night went on

My 350rwhp/450rwtq, 3800lb car trapped 111 mph on street tires. That's too high for a lightly modded lincoln, that's all.

Paul.

don't really care about budget on the stroker kit. i just want a good one. i already got the AFR heads torker 2 intake and a 750 demon carb. its going in a 89 mustang coupe it will be mostly drag strip and very rare street use

Members online

Back