06 LS - LED Conversion Completed

Gen2 LSE and all 06s have H11 fogs. All other Gen2s have 9145/H10 fogs. So you still need 9145/H10s.

OK so H10s I'm guessing are the same as 9145? On the Sylvania chart it just says 9145. It looks like my High beam bulb is H11. Are the bulbs hard to change on the fogs? Does the entire assy come out or can the bulb just be pulled out?

Thanks for your help on this.

The highs are not H11s. I too was under the impression that gen2 high beams were H11. They are not - I am not sure what they are.

But yes the gen2 LSE and all 2006 models have H11 in the fogs.

The highs are not H11s. I too was under the impression that gen2 high beams were H11. They are not - I am not sure what they are.

But yes the gen2 LSE and all 2006 models have H11 in the fogs.

This is what the sylvania guide says:

2003 LINCOLN LS (With HID (high intensity discharge) headlamps)

Low beam headlamp
HID-D2R

High beam headlamp
H11
H11ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen
H11XV XtraVision Halogen - The Brighter Light

Fog/Driving light
9145ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen

Last edited:
He might have meant low beam when talking about the high beam..?
Low beam = headlight
High beam = brights

The link doesn't work bro.

No. I have the stock HID lamps as well. The lows are obviously the HID. The highs are NOT an H11 bulb.

I bought two sets of H11s because I was under the impression that the gen2 LSE fogs and highs both used H11. However, only the fogs do. The high beams do not.

The Sylvania site is incorrect.

2003-2006 Lincoln LS Car Light Bulb Size Chart

Low Beam Headlight Bulb Size: H11 (Unless equipped with OEM HID)
High Beam Headlight Bulb Size: 9005
Parking Light Bulb Size: 3457ALL
Front Turn Signal Light Bulb Size: 3457ALL
Rear Turn Signal Light Bulb Size: 3157NALL
Tail Light Bulb Size: 3157LL
Stop Light Bulb Size: 3157LL
High Mount Stop Light Bulb Size: Assembly
Fog/Driving Light Bulb Size: 9145 (H11 - gen2 LSE & 2006 models)
License Plate Light Bulb Size: 168
Back Up Light Bulb Size: 921
Front Side Marker Light Bulb Size: 2825
Rear Side Marker Light Bulb Size: 161
Glove Box Light Bulb Size: 194
Map Light Bulb Size: 168
Dome Light Bulb Size: 168
Step/Courtesy Light Bulb Size: 194

No. I have the stock HID lamps as well. The lows are obviously the HID. The highs are NOT an H11 bulb.

I bought two sets of H11s because I was under the impression that the gen2 LSE fogs and highs both used H11. However, only the fogs do. The high beams do not.

I am still unclear on what bulb is used in the highbeams on a gen2 with HID lamps.

I just called Lincoln & they say the HB is a 9005.

OK so H10s I'm guessing are the same as 9145? On the Sylvania chart it just says 9145. It looks like my High beam bulb is H11. Are the bulbs hard to change on the fogs? Does the entire assy come out or can the bulb just be pulled out?

Thanks for your help on this.

Yes 9145 and H10 are interchangable. 9145 is listed but most places seem to sell them as H10s

The highs are NOT an H11 bulb.

Yup highs are 9005s. And I found out the hard way 06s don't have H10s for fogs dispite what Sylvania's website says.

What he said. That thing takes some NICE pictures. Of course, the LEDs help it, but still. Looks awesome. Might I suggest adding another trunk light on the driver's side? I did that on mine and there were no more problems of trying to see anything back there if I had stuff in the trunk.

Looks :cool: man. Nice work.

I added another light to the trunk as well .Got an exra one off of ebay. Looks nice with a pair in there instead of one off to the corner.

I am curious too if you used resistors or if not do the lights stay on? That's the one thing keeping me away from LEDs.

QUOTE]

Adding a resistor is easy. You only need one for the interior light because they are on the same circuit. Someone posted about using a 1500 ohm resistor but I went with a 4100 just to play it safe and it works. Just add it in parallel. I put mine on one of the rear passenger lights. I didn't use any for the exterior as I can't wee them while I'm driving but you can also stick some in there. Its eady. dont let a resistor keep you from doing this mods, clean the car up a lot when you press the unlock buttom,, looks super sick and clean. The first time I stood outside at night and open the car I was so amazed at the difference.

Has anybody tried adding a light in the engine bay. I open it at night sometimes and A light would ne nice to be able to see

I added another light to the trunk as well .Got an exra one off of ebay. Looks nice with a pair in there instead of one off to the corner.

I am curious too if you used resistors or if not do the lights stay on? That's the one thing keeping me away from LEDs.

QUOTE]

Adding a resistor is easy. You only need one for the interior light because they are on the same circuit. Someone posted about using a 1500 ohm resistor but I went with a 4100 just to play it safe and it works. Just add it in parallel. I put mine on one of the rear passenger lights. I didn't use any for the exterior as I can't wee them while I'm driving but you can also stick some in there. Its eady. dont let a resistor keep you from doing this mods, clean the car up a lot when you press the unlock buttom,, looks super sick and clean. The first time I stood outside at night and open the car I was so amazed at the difference.

This.

Moving to the crisp-white instead of the washed out yellow makes the car look years younger and 'classy-er'. There are 2009 luxury model cars that are driving around today with the standard yellow bulbs - an LS with LED conversion can roll up next to them and take the gold for style! lol

Has anybody tried adding a light in the engine bay. I open it at night sometimes and A light would ne nice to be able to see

I haven't, but some of my Grand Marquis had a hood light, and it was a handy feature. I have seen some F150s with a hood light that was attached to a take up reel on on the hood. You could pull the light and hold it anywhere you needed to see better, then when you where done, let go and the cord would pull back in.

I added 6 of those 6-light led strips in my trunk (4 in my wife's) and didn't need/use a resistor. I did add a utility light in my daughter's '00 and needed a relay for that install. The LSes computer is very sensitive to current draw.

I didn;t add a resistor to the trunk either. I put one to the interior because it bugged me how they would stay on, peple kept saying hey your light is on. I just threw it in there and problem solved.

Moving to the crisp-white instead of the washed out yellow makes the car look years younger and 'classy-er'. There are 2009 luxury model cars that are driving around today with the standard yellow bulbs - an LS with LED conversion can roll up next to them and take the gold for style! lol

I'm not argueing that. I have the "extreme white" or whatever they are called (the bulb is actually blue) for the license plate bulbs and want to do the puddle lamps and eventually get around to the interior. I don't want to bother with resistors when incandescent bulbs give the 99% of the same look.

I'm not argueing that. I have the "extreme white" or whatever they are called (the bulb is actually blue) for the license plate bulbs and want to do the puddle lamps and eventually get around to the interior. I don't want to bother with resistors when incandescent bulbs give the 99% of the same look.

Its just one resistor for the whole interior. What kind of incandescent bulbs do you have that look 99% to leds?

Nice. How is the light output from the hoens compared to the stock bulbs?

After reading this thread I ordered the Hoen bulbs for my fog & HB & I really like them. I have the factory HID & the Hoen fog looks really good in combo with my HID. I say they are for sure worth getting & they do match the HID light very well.

104 blue LED's connected to the cargo light outlet with the little white bulb removed. Open the trunk and the lights come on. All for around $20 and 30 min to install. Takes about a week for them to come in but well worth it.
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/qianqian-us/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

NewWiring016.jpg

What does it cost to change everything over like you did roughtly?

I changed the interior, puddle and license plate blbs with leds for about 90. He added the reverse lights so maybe 100-120. Worth every penny

What does it cost to change everything over like you did roughtly?

I bought 20 of the 7 LED bulbs on Ebay for $19.99 shipped & then bought the Hoen fogs & High Beam from Hoen for $75.94 shipped.

Everything is installed except the High beam & front map lights already.

How do those ebay leds look? I was going to go that route too but then read some ebay ones are real cheap. The ones I got are really bright just like the op's.

How do those ebay leds look? I was going to go that route too but then read some ebay ones are real cheap. The ones I got are really bright just like the op's.

I bought some cheap-o LEDs for the over head lights, under the dash and glove box. One under the dash started flickering after 4 months, one in the over head started flickering 2 months after I ripped everything down to do it. Save yourself the headache and buy the good stuff, not some made in China crap.

I bought some cheap-o LEDs for the over head lights, under the dash and glove box. One under the dash started flickering after 4 months, one in the over head started flickering 2 months after I ripped everything down to do it. Save yourself the headache and buy the good stuff, not some made in China crap.

Yeah thats what I was thinking. I got the ones from v-leds. They're holding up great.

That's why they're in my trunk. Not really worried if they act up or not and I still have 4 sets left to replace with but so far, no problem with them and the 60 LED strip has been in for over a year.

I really can't say that I'll ever put any inside my car. What I have now is bright enough but the one little bulb in the trunk just wasn't cuttin it for me.

Members online

No members online now.
Back