06 LS - LED Conversion Completed

WhoBeDaPlaya

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Got done with the LED conversion a little while ago but only got the chance to snap some pics recently.
Figured I'd make an organized post for reference. Parts used and links :

light_parts4.jpg

Highs -----> 2x Hoen Xenonmatch Plus - 9005
Fogs ------> 2x Hoen Xenonmatch - H11
License ---> 2x 2 HID WHITE 5K HIGH POWER LICENSE PLATE LED BULBS 194 168 158
Interior ---> 7x 2 HID WHITE SMT X5 HIGH POWER LED LIGHT BULBS 194 168 158 2821
Reverse --> 2x V-LEDS HID WHITE 19 M-SMT 8W HIGH POWER BULBS 917 918 920 921 922 923
Puddle ---> 2x 5K WHITE MSMT 6 LED DOME LIGHT 3022 3021 DE3175 6428 6430
Trunk ----> HID 5K WHITE HIGH POWER 3 LED FESTOON DOME BULB 211 212 6413 6429 578

[Before]

light_before1.jpg

light_before2.jpg

[After]

light_headlights1.jpg

light_headlights2.jpg

light_interior1.jpg

light_interior2.jpg

light_license.jpg

light_reverse.jpg

light_trunk.jpg

The pic of the reverse lights don't do them justice. They're insanely bright IRL :eek:

Nice. How is the light output from the hoens compared to the stock bulbs?

looks pretty sweet :)
Are those reverse lights a lot brighter than stock? I might get some because I tinted my reverse lenses so that plus tinted windows makes it kind of dark when backing up.

Holy crap. What camera do you have?

My sh!tty point and shoot picks up the LEDs worse than the stock yellows!

You couldn't really see the lights with my camera either, I wish I had before and after pics.

are the lights gonna be the same codes for a 2003? (puddle, int,trunk etc...)

I've been wanting to do that forever!
Looks great man!!!

Holy crap. What camera do you have?

What he said. That thing takes some NICE pictures. Of course, the LEDs help it, but still. Looks awesome. Might I suggest adding another trunk light on the driver's side? I did that on mine and there were no more problems of trying to see anything back there if I had stuff in the trunk.

Looks :cool: man. Nice work.

... Might I suggest adding another trunk light on the driver's side? I did that on mine and there were no more problems of trying to see anything back there if I had stuff in the trunk.

Looks :cool: man. Nice work.

Yes, what were they thinking when they designed that single trunk light in? I added lights (LED) under the package shelf on both of mine.

WhoBeDaPlaya

Man everything looks GREAT!!! I love it & will be attempting to do the same thing. Quick question on the fog lights. I have an 03 Premium Sport that has the stock HID's do I use the same fogs you did? I know my stock bulb is a 9145, but I don't see that listed on the link you provided?

Thanks for your help & once again it looks GREAT!!!

Yes, what were they thinking when they designed that single trunk light in? I added lights (LED) under the package shelf on both of mine.

Speaking of adding trunk lighting.....

trunk lighting 004.jpg

Looks FANTASTIC!! Did you do a How-To on this?

A How-To on this would be great. I have a bulb for my trunk, but I just tried to pull the lens off & stopped, because I thought I was gonna break it. I sure don't want to break any of my lenses that's for sure!:D

It is pretty self-explanatory.

1: The rear overhead lights are a matter of a couple screws.

2: The front map lights are a matter of unscrewing both visors inner screws. Then pulling the headliner down a bit by the sunroof and accessing the lights then from the dangling overhead console.

3: The front floorboard lights are not even covered, those are just a matter of laying on your back on the floor and switching them out.

4: The glovebox is simply getting your hand in an awkward position to change out the bulb.

5: The trunk light can just be accessed by removing the side-liner in the trunk, it is then easily changeable without much effort.

6: The license plate lights are simply two screws that can be accessed on the outside of the car anyways.

7: The puddle lights are the only ones requiring tools other than a screw driver. You will need a knife or dremel to cut them open and switch out.

It is a quick and easy mod (and cheap) with a result that really shows well.

It is pretty self-explanatory.
5: The trunk light can just be accessed by removing the side-liner in the trunk, it is then easily changeable without much effort.

So the lense doesn't just pop off? When you say side-liner is that the carpeted piece that you unscrew & pull off that the trunk light is connected to?

Sorry to sound stupid just don't want to break anything.:confused:

Yes, you unscrew that little hook-cap near the opening of the trunk and pull the trunk liner back a little.

Looks good. Those reverse lights look really bright. I might have to get a pair. And I need the puddle lamps too.

I am curious too if you used resistors or if not do the lights stay on? That's the one thing keeping me away from LEDs.

Man everything looks GREAT!!! I love it & will be attempting to do the same thing. Quick question on the fog lights. I have an 03 Premium Sport that has the stock HID's do I use the same fogs you did? I know my stock bulb is a 9145, but I don't see that listed on the link you provided?

Gen2 LSE and all 06s have H11 fogs. All other Gen2s have 9145/H10 fogs. So you still need 9145/H10s.

Members online

No members online now.
Back