06 LS - LED Conversion Completed

I bought some cheap-o LEDs for the over head lights, under the dash and glove box. One under the dash started flickering after 4 months, one in the over head started flickering 2 months after I ripped everything down to do it. Save yourself the headache and buy the good stuff, not some made in China crap.

I'm sure I just got lucky, but I had mine in my Town Car since last October & they still worked as of a few weeks ago. Don't have the car anymore so maybe they are messed up now...:D

Its just one resistor for the whole interior. What kind of incandescent bulbs do you have that look 99% to leds?

Boy am I glad I found this thread!

Now to my question, is it just as easy as you put in this post? I solder in the resistor to the LED and it takes care of the whole lights staying on issue? I haven't solder in a while (last thing I solder was a battery for an R/C car) and I'd hate to ruin perfectly good (and expensive) LED bulb.

Like several other people on this site I would love to have the back-up lights. Then I saw that price $60, then add shipping and tax. Plus IT'S NOT IN STOCK
lol

It still might be worth it, might hit something someday with my tint blocking my view.

Boy am I glad I found this thread!

Now to my question, is it just as easy as you put in this post? I solder in the resistor to the LED and it takes care of the whole lights staying on issue? I haven't solder in a while (last thing I solder was a battery for an R/C car) and I'd hate to ruin perfectly good (and expensive) LED bulb.

Adding the resistor is super easy. I didn't soldier it to the wires because I didn't want to take out the assembly and wires to work on it so I just soldered some wire to each end of the resistor, twisted the wires onto the wires from the interior light and put some electrical tape on it. I added it a few inches before the bulb, I did not add it to the bulb directly if that is what you were thinking.

Adding the resistor is super easy. I didn't soldier it to the wires because I didn't want to take out the assembly and wires to work on it so I just soldered some wire to each end of the resistor, twisted the wires onto the wires from the interior light and put some electrical tape on it. I added it a few inches before the bulb, I did not add it to the bulb directly if that is what you were thinking.

Oh, you don't happen to have any pictures do ya?

I was going to go snap a pick for you right now but forgot my car isn't here. Switch with my dad for the day cause I needed his truck. Here is a paint pic though :D

resistor.jpg

I was going to go snap a pick for you right now but forgot my car isn't here. Switch with my dad for the day cause I needed his truck. Here is a paint pic though :D

resistor.jpg

Nice using MS paint to improvise a picture!
Cool!
Now next question, what size or whatever resistor do I use and does it matter with what wire/bulb it's going with???

Nice using MS paint to improvise a picture!
Cool!
Now next question, what size or whatever resistor do I use and does it matter with what wire/bulb it's going with???

lol.Yup, thanks.

I put the resistor in the rear passenger light, it was easier to access and work with. The interior lights are on the same circuit so it doesn't matter which one you choose to put it on. The guy that did it, that I read from, used a 1200 ohm resistor, it was 1000+ ohm for sure, but I went with a 4100ohm resistor just in case. Probably over kill with 4100 but it wont hurt. Got it a radio shack.

lol.Yup, thanks.

I put the resistor in the rear passenger light, it was easier to access and work with. The interior lights are on the same circuit so it doesn't matter which one you choose to put it on. The guy that did it, that I read from, used a 1200 ohm resistor, it was 1000+ ohm for sure, but I went with a 4100ohm resistor just in case. Probably over kill with 4100 but it wont hurt. Got it a radio shack.

Great Thanks!!! That's good to know that the interior lights are all on the same circuit. I'd be a pain in the ass to do every single one of these small lights and find room in the housings.
Are there anyother lights on the car on the same circuit? Brakes or Headlights???

I dont know about the headlight or tailights. I know the interior are on the same circuit becuase the guy that put the resistor said they were and I verified it when all the lights stayed off with only one resistor. Maybe someone with a wiring manual can chime in on this or I may know when I get my manual in a few days and post back up

No. I have the stock HID lamps as well. The lows are obviously the HID. The highs are NOT an H11 bulb.

I bought two sets of H11s because I was under the impression that the gen2 LSE fogs and highs both used H11. However, only the fogs do. The high beams do not.

The Sylvania site is incorrect.

2003-2006 Lincoln LS Car Light Bulb Size Chart

Low Beam Headlight Bulb Size: H11 (Unless equipped with OEM HID)
High Beam Headlight Bulb Size: 9005
Parking Light Bulb Size: 3457ALL
Front Turn Signal Light Bulb Size: 3457ALL
Rear Turn Signal Light Bulb Size: 3157NALL
Tail Light Bulb Size: 3157LL
Stop Light Bulb Size: 3157LL
High Mount Stop Light Bulb Size: Assembly
Fog/Driving Light Bulb Size: 9145 (H11 - gen2 LSE & 2006 models)
License Plate Light Bulb Size: 168
Back Up Light Bulb Size: 921
Front Side Marker Light Bulb Size: 2825
Rear Side Marker Light Bulb Size: 161
Glove Box Light Bulb Size: 194
Map Light Bulb Size: 168
Dome Light Bulb Size: 168
Step/Courtesy Light Bulb Size: 194

does this include 99-02' ???

I don't have an owners manual...:( don't you think that'd be the first thing I look at?

did I mention I stole my LS...

Yes, you do have the manual. Go to the "TECH ARTICLES" link in the banner above. The first gen LS manuals are there for download.

That looks awesome man. I did a simaler project in my Explorer, however I didnt use the stock housings for the dome lights, I didnt think it would be good enough, I went and got 12" white LED strips, 2 up front, one over the backseat, and one in the cargo area and it looks like a spaceship at night LOL. I also did all my gauges, and HVAC controls, and reverse lights

Before:
SANY0531.jpg

After:
SANY0537.jpg

SANY0517.jpg

That looks awesome man. I did a simaler project in my Explorer, however I didnt use the stock housings for the dome lights, I didnt think it would be good enough, I went and got 12" white LED strips, 2 up front, one over the backseat, and one in the cargo area and it looks like a spaceship at night LOL. I also did all my gauges, and HVAC controls, and reverse lights

Before:
SANY0531.jpg

After:
SANY0537.jpg

SANY0517.jpg

nice gauges. i started hating those damn hifonics amps, 2 of them have crapped out on me. sorry for getting off topic, but seeing the amp pissed me off, lol. nice setup however.

to the OP, i know this thread it old, but those led's look great! i should install a resistor on my interiors since they do stay on. i also wish i could put some lights in my trunk since i do not have one. everything in my trunk was stripped when i bought it, and i never had even seen how the factory lining and such looked. great pics guys. i will try to get all the panels and lining from a junk yard or something.

Members online

Back