06 Bumper Conversion/2002 LSE Body Kit

Take a peek at the first set of pics in the thread. You can see the mounting holes for it. Zero holes anywhere in the face of the bumper cover. I will defer to Hite to discuss the rest of it.

The floor is yours Hite.....

Pics of the manoli emblem up close!!! I always meant to ask him if he could do it pearl white. Marc let's just switch cars! That's the first time I've seen your wheels up close they look sharp dude.

Check out the existing thread Manoli has on them. He posted pics of it after I asked for it in pearl.

Take a peek at the first set of pics in the thread. You can see the mounting holes for it. Zero holes anywhere in the face of the bumper cover. I will defer to Hite to discuss the rest of it.

I did. Is it mounted to the bottom lip of the bumper? Where the splash shield attaches?

Dead on. Yep.

THANKS!! My wife keeps after me to reinstall her front plate. I did by drilling holes in the bottom of the upper part of the bumper. All that did was allow the plate to beat the crap out of the lower lip of the bumper. I had the car in for another repair (a curb jumped out and gouged the rocker molding and bent in the lower portion of the door :() so I had them take care of the bumper also (she did drag the garage door down on the bumper).

I now know how to mount it, should I acquiesce!

Pics of the manoli emblem up close!!! I always meant to ask him if he could do it pearl white. Marc let's just switch cars! That's the first time I've seen your wheels up close they look sharp dude.

We could(ha ha) trade but I would just end up coming back in the middle of the night to "trade back". A lot of patience and frustration at times went into this project. One of my wheels got scratched on back to back occasions as soon as it came back(literally) from the shop that refinished them. I love my local tire shop but accidents happen sometimes. LOL.

Thanks Marc. If anyone is interested in a front license plate bracket like the one I made for Marc see the following thread for info....
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=84734

Wow! Makes me wonder why I didn't consider white when I was searching for an LS. That's one clean ride you got there! The white, black wheels, then the gold calipers is real unique. Well done.

Ummmm......that came from the Wheel God himself. LOL. I am just full of surprises.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=80981

I stand corrected. Manoli sent me an mms with a pic of it in clear with the white star(which is what I purchased) but there is a black with white star pic in the link above.

Either of those combinations would look good. Pektel's LS makes me stare at it every time I look at it. Love that car.

Thing of beauty marc....pic 2 looks like a nice sunset back there.

Ben let me know asap, I have one set left.

marc i bet car looks almost a decade newer than it did when you bought it, congrats. after screwing around looking for parts on my salvage rebuild im pretty sure you went the best route to having a good looking LS for the cheapest price possible.

One thing no one has mentioned is the chrome around the windows; gen2 v8s would look a lot better if they had it. keeps the car classy from every angle. looks real good

One thing no one has mentioned is the chrome around the windows; gen2 v8s would look a lot better if they had it. keeps the car classy from every angle. looks real good

I think most on here would disagree with you :p

marc i bet car looks almost a decade newer than it did when you bought it, congrats. after screwing around looking for parts on my salvage rebuild im pretty sure you went the best route to having a good looking LS for the cheapest price possible.

One thing no one has mentioned is the chrome around the windows; gen2 v8s would look a lot better if they had it. keeps the car classy from every angle. looks real good[/QUOTE

Don't sleep on the value of salvage yards for certain things. That is where I found my side skirts and if I would have just bought the wrecked LSE 4 years ago, could have had the whole thing for $600(which did have the rear clip and the rear lower) at that time.

The father of one of the guys who used to be in the motorcycle club I am in owns the salvage yard and offered me the wrecked silver 02 LSE for $600(would not sell the kit separately at the time). At that time, the only thing missing was the front bumper cover and engine. Everything else was there......including the damn rear lower valance. Only because the rear clip had been cut off and sold early last year allowed me to ask to buy the side skirts. That is how the $50 side skirts came to be. The car still sits there today, ruined GREAT black interior, and I kick myself all the time. I do have the updated cup holder in my possession(which is for sale) and access to all of the small stuff. He said he will keep it til I have picked what remaining small stuff I want and then crush it.

Yeah.....yeah......I know....I know. Still kicking myself. It was a parts feast that has been picked apart over the years.

+1. For now, I am the one fighting the trend though. The trim complements the wheels but at least it is an easy Plasti Dip update if I choose to play with the look one day over the next few weeks.

Almost forgot. In case anyone wonders why didn't I buy the car? Because I had no place to sit it for an indefinite amount of time and the one thing he did want was it gone if I did buy it.

oh no you like that look?!
looks too much like some hs kids honda accord w a chrome grill if you ask me, but it wouldnt stop me from buying one and looking for some doors off a v6 haha. actually about 2 mos before i totaled my v6 i turned down a stellar deal on an 06 bc of that very issue. $8k for 88k all black 06 with the navi. kickin myself (a little) but i dont need 2 ls's.

all gen2 v8s lack the chrome trim, correct? i think it looks plain/bland, japanese/korean, but to each their own.

Members online

No members online now.
Back