••••$125 2-year warranty slim HID ••••

Uhm... I think something is wrong... maybe its me :p but the ballast plug that goes to the car's original plug doesnt fit correctly, I mean it wont go all the way in it should. And... they wont work.
So what did I do wrong assuming this kits are trust worth... I conected the car's plug I took off the halogen bulb, I coneected the two small plugs that conects the ballast to the bulb. Dont work, I tried the small plugs the other way arround, dont work.
Uhm... :frown: help!

Uhm... I think something is wrong... maybe its me :p but the ballast plug that goes to the car's original plug doesnt fit correctly, I mean it wont go all the way in it should. And... they wont work.
So what did I do wrong assuming this kits are trust worth... I conected the car's plug I took off the halogen bulb, I coneected the two small plugs that conects the ballast to the bulb. Dont work, I tried the small plugs the other way arround, dont work.
Uhm... :frown: help!

If it comes down to it you can splice em in. Or at least try. :(

What year do you have?

Last edited:
I pushed em in as hard as I could but didnt work out. Mine is a 2000 V6. I tried just one not both, will that affect somehow?

Ok based on that draw, the original head light power conector wont fit correctly the red one that comes from the ballast.
There is no plug between high voltage ingiter and ballast, they are connected already.
And the two plugs that connect the high voltage igniter and the blub is nearly impossible to connect em wrong!

Theres 2 things in my head,
1- Those are not the correct ballast for me car.
2- Maybe both of em should be conected to work, but this sounds kinda stupid though.

I dont see whats wron! Ive tried em with the fog lights, and the ballas to car's oem cable does fits correctly, however, the bulb wont light up.

Check the relay. I dont know where its at on the V6 but look for a diagram or ask around. If you have one standard bulb out the others work but i dont know about the harness its self and HID' bulbs in general.

Check the relay. I dont know where its at on the V6 but look for a diagram or ask around. If you have one standard bulb out the others work but i dont know about the harness its self and HID' bulbs in general.

what relay? I can get the wiring diagram out my dads computer, but what should I check for?

The two small pins go into your stock headlight harness, it is polarity sensitive. You need to match the black with black and color with color, the rest of it should all plug together ballast to bulb with the harnesses on the ballast and bulb. Seems like you are trying to hook the ballast harness to the car harness, it wont work that way.

I think it cruel to rain on someones parade and it looks like several people here are pretty jazzed about this light deal, it sounds very good. If lights aren't way over top with output, and are adjusted correctly (the key) why would anyone bother you. Better lights make a safer situation.

On the other hand, Daniel Stern lighting is an awfully good source. He knows his stuff so it's kind of a catch 22......

The two small pins go into your stock headlight harness, it is polarity sensitive. You need to match the black with black and color with color, the rest of it should all plug together ballast to bulb with the harnesses on the ballast and bulb. Seems like you are trying to hook the ballast harness to the car harness, it wont work that way.

Ok I bought 3 kits. 2 for low beams, and 1 for the fogs. In the package are, 6 ballast (all exactly the same) 6 bulbs, and 2 wires wit a plug in one side and 2 pins in the other, I thought these are for the fogs as I receive just 2. What I did was, I conected the red plug of the ballast to the car's plug that was conected to the halogen bulb, then I conected the 2 small plugs of the ballast to the bulb's one. I notice the red plug and the car's plug doesnt conect properly, they fit but they wont lock, so I have no idea what went wrong :(

Ok I bought 3 kits. 2 for low beams, and 1 for the fogs. In the package are, 6 ballast (all exactly the same) 6 bulbs, and 2 wires wit a plug in one side and 2 pins in the other, I thought these are for the fogs as I receive just 2. What I did was, I conected the red plug of the ballast to the car's plug that was conected to the halogen bulb, then I conected the 2 small plugs of the ballast to the bulb's one. I notice the red plug and the car's plug doesnt conect properly, they fit but they wont lock, so I have no idea what went wrong :(

I stated earlier that you are hooking this all up wrong. The harnesses on the ballasts and bulbs do not plug into the car harness. All the harnesses on the kit plug into each other, not the car at all. The only part that goes to the car are the 2 small exposed metal pins. These go into the positive and negative sides of the vehicle harness.

I stated earlier that you are hooking this all up wrong. The harnesses on the ballasts and bulbs do not plug into the car harness. All the harnesses on the kit plug into each other, not the car at all. The only part that goes to the car are the 2 small exposed metal pins. These go into the positive and negative sides of the vehicle harness.

I think I got it, but... shouldnt I have 3 pairs of those exposed metal pins as I bought 3 kits?
Ok, now I have 2 pairs, so I conect them into the car harness plug (where the halogen bulb was) and then I conect the plug to the ballast erd plug, right? and of course the ballast to the bulbs. Am I right?
Thanks for the support though!

I think I got it, but... shouldnt I have 3 pairs of those exposed metal pins as I bought 3 kits?
Ok, now I have 2 pairs, so I conect them into the car harness plug (where the halogen bulb was) and then I conect the plug to the ballast erd plug, right? and of course the ballast to the bulbs. Am I right?
Thanks for the support though!

Each ballast has the two small pins that go to the cars harness. Sounds like you are getting it. None of the harnesses from the ballast or bulb plug into the car harness, just the two small pins. Make sure when hooking it into the car harnesss you hook positive nad negative up correctly. black to black and color to color.

JfEdS3UsS, I found on another forum those spade connectors you MAY be talking about may have originally had a housing. I found on another forum a member saying they can be pulled out of the plug housing. Here's the link. It's the caption under one of the pics.

http://creednet69.proboards31.com/index.cgi?board=howtomazda3&action=display&thread=1114412132

Sounds like you got it though?

Yeah seem like I got it! but then something is missing. Cause I just got 4 cables ending up in those spade terminals or w/e, enough to hook up 2 ballasts, not 6! so I guess Ima call Tom or Matt tomorrow and ask em to ship the rest of the cables! and the receipt! cause I guess without it I wont have any warranty.

after careful consideration....
im just going to go with the Hoen xenonmatch plus kit.
I cant justify shelling out that kind of dough, even though its a good deal!

btw, why is the xenonmatch plus kit more expensive from lskoncepts? I'd like to order from them, but not if its more money?
the heavy duty connecters are $10 bucks from hoen and $19 from lskoncepts.

Yeah seem like I got it! but then something is missing. Cause I just got 4 cables ending up in those spade terminals or w/e, enough to hook up 2 ballasts, not 6! so I guess Ima call Tom or Matt tomorrow and ask em to ship the rest of the cables! and the receipt! cause I guess without it I wont have any warranty.

I found ANOTHER forum where a different retailer was selling the prolumen kit and some people had some problems but they were also able to get them fixed I believe. Just click on the links for the pics.

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache...t=220+prolumen+spade&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=4&gl=us

It's a google cache.

http://www.thexenonstore.com/totalwire.jpg
Is the female connect from the ballast to original headlight power source harness what your talking about?

Last edited:
I was about to order a set for my 9006, but sounds like allot of BS work to get these to fit a 2000 9006 bulb setup.

I thought these were a PLUG N PLAY setup? was that for a GEN 2 LS?

Also, doesn't the kit come with written directions for install?

Where Are My Lights?????????????????

OK i called and ordered the kit on 10-11-07 and paid 35$$ for next day shipping and today is the 14 and still no lights. When i contacted the company they said it may be that i am not within one day away??????????? thats B/S cause they have the service for next day. I am begining to think this company is a joke so buyer beware.:mad:

OK i called and ordered the kit on 10-11-07 and paid 35$$ for next day shipping and today is the 14 and still no lights. When i contacted the company they said it may be that i am not within one day away??????????? thats B/S cause they have the service for next day. I am begining to think this company is a joke so buyer beware.:mad:

Hi robnu0069, did you get a tracking number? If so I'd like to hear where they are currently at. Your right one day delivery is one day, whether it has to be overnighted or whatever. I've heard through other forums Umnitzas service has been up and down sometimes.

If it's not plug and play I'll be disapointed but hard wiring these headlights up SHOULD be pretty easy, so I think I'll give it a shot. Not saying it is but it should.

I do have a tracking number and im from columbus ohio and they were in columbus the 13th

This company is no joke. Do your research pall. This where allot of the HID and Angel eye kits end up coming from!

Next day shipping means they get processed and shipped right away but it still may take day or so more depending on where you are at to get them to you. Since when did anything come in the mail or anything like that on Sunday? I guarantee they will be there tomarrow, they would be there by today but nothing happens on a Sunday!

Oh and if you put the order in late in the day, that may have something to do with it also.

This company is no joke. Do your research pall. This where allot of the HID and Angel eye kits end up coming from!

Next day shipping means they get processed and shipped right away but it still may take day or so more depending on where you are at to get them to you. Since when did anything come in the mail or anything like that on Sunday? I guarantee they will be there tomarrow, they would be there by today but nothing happens on a Sunday!

Oh and if you put the order in late in the day, that may have something to do with it also.

DunItRight is RIGHT! lol, no delivery on Sunday, they will probably be there tomorrow. Depending on what time you ordered them they probably went out on the 12th.

And it does sound like everybody is making this harder than it really is. Fitting the wiring harness into the existing headlight connection shouldnt be so hard, spade plug or not. Anybody with a little car electrical exp should be able to do it no problem. Then again we dont have pics of what people have received and I'm waiting on mine so I could be totally wrong.

Last edited:
No its not that hard, they are pretty much universal and Umnitza deals with allot BMW stuff anyways to begin with, not so much Lincoln! I see allot of people getting the first set they ever owned and coming up with this paranoia that they don't work cause they don't understand the product.

Mine are killer and soon as I find a lower Kelvin bulb somewhere cheap to match the yellow fogs I have now Im getting a set to replace those.

Members online

Back