••••$125 2-year warranty slim HID ••••

If you can find a cop and a judge that can tell you if your headlights are oem or not. Some LSs come with HIDS, who are they to say ours isnt one of them. Same with angel eyes, just like bmw.

I tried that once and the cop was not buying it. What happened is he was in a corner gas station and when i turned left i blinde him he pulled out fliped his lights and proceded to give me a $175 ticket for failure to dim lights. I was driving with the low beams and fogs on both with 8000K hid;s in them. Plus he was a bored FHP at 1am with nothing to do. Other than that cops dont really seem to care its illigal but with so many cars with them it would be difficult to control it. I say at least 60% of cars here in miami have hids some are stock highend cars and some are aftermarket, so i wouldnt sweat it unless you get really unlucky.

the HID lights that get the most heat from law enforcement are the ones over 6000K. It is illegal for a vehicle to emit any blue(ish) or red lights from the front.

Again, quite sure retrofits are illegal. The following is from www.danielsternlighting.com Daniel is a consultant for automotive lighting solutions.

"What about the law, what does it have to say on the matter? In virtually every first-world country, HID "retrofits" into halogen headlamps are illegal. They're illegal clear across Europe and in all of the many countries that use European ECE headlight regulations. They're illegal in the US and Canada. Some people dismiss this because North American regulations, in particular, are written in such a manner as to reject a great many genuinely good headlamps. Nevertheless, on the particular count of HID "retrofits" into halogen headlamps, the world's regulators and engineers agree: DON'T!

The only safe and legitimate HID retrofit is one that replaces the entire headlamp—that is lens, reflector, bulb...the WHOLE shemozzle—with optics designed for HID usage. In the aftermarket, it is possible to get clever with the growing number of available products, such as Hella's modular projectors available in HID or halogen, and fabricate your own brackets and bezels, or to modify an original-equipment halogen headlamp housing to contain optical "guts" designed for HID usage. But just putting an HID bulb where a halogen one belongs is bad news all around."
Daniel is correct. According to DOT HID conversion kits are ILLEGAL for road use. I would say that most states don't enforce it since it is hard to find out which ones are legitimate and which are not. The only way to tell is if you have HID's in a headlight that is marked for HID's. Halogen type of headlights have the HB3 or simial marking. HID's are marked different. I don't know what the marking is. However, any DOT official will know.

Here in Tennessee, we do not have vehicle inspections so people do pretty much anything they want with their cars. I've had an HID conversion kit on my LS and Pathfinder forever and never had a problem. As long as the headlights are properly aimed and do not blind oncoming traffic you should not have a problem.

MAN! thats is an awesome deal! I just ordered 3 sets! not for hi n lows but I bought 2 for lows just different temps! I cant wait to see em on, the bad news I just found out one of my fogs assembly is broken, so I need to buy new fogs assemblies, does any1 know of any for sale at a goog price??

You do know you could have found set of bulbs in the desired Kelvins at a cheaper price than buying 2 sets?

The fog lights are cheap just about everywhere I need to upgrade mine to the 03 style and i find LSK to be a good price. Just about as good as anywhere else unless you are buying scratched up used ones.

You do know you could have found set of bulbs in the desired Kelvins at a cheaper price than buying 2 sets?

Yeah I do, but Im keeping whichever I like better and then will re-sale the kit as they r selling em so cheap.

The fog lights are cheap just about everywhere I need to upgrade mine to the 03 style and i find LSK to be a good price. Just about as good as anywhere else unless you are buying scratched up used ones.

Nah! I want new ones! I didnt check on LSK though. Whats the difference between the 00 and 03 fogs anyways? do u need to modify anything to do that?

Just a bit of modding, they show you how on the site. Look at the site and you will notice the cleaner nicer updated look.

Just a bit of modding, they show you how on the site. Look at the site and you will notice the cleaner nicer updated look.

Where on the site? Ive checked all fogs but dont see any instructions at all!

hey guys, I am looking for the oem/white look. How are the 3k and 6k. which one would be most like the oem hids? oem are 4800k and 5000k. any input would be great.

6k I would have to say. I have 6k Nokyas, they look the closest. I also have the yellow Nokyas and they are 2500k. So round that out and I would say 6k.

3k might be to much like the ugly stock non hid.

Just got the HID's in today. 2 days from CA to IL. Very fast shipping. Will post pics this weekend. These ballasts are very small. Quality looks very good on these.

Just got the HID's in today. 2 days from CA to IL. Very fast shipping. Will post pics this weekend. These ballasts are very small. Quality looks very good on these.

Hey Sport,, emailed Matt today to get right size and 5000k, so will be ordering today, $125 shipped,,lol great deal.

But whats the difference besides size on regular sized Ballast and these "very small" ballasts?

not the best pic, but here are HID's on all 4 lights. Ill get better pics at dawn.

Copy of DSCN1301.JPG

Hey Sport,, emailed Matt today to get right size and 5000k, so will be ordering today, $125 shipped,,lol great deal.

But whats the difference besides size on regular sized Ballast and these "very small" ballasts?

Here is what I read on the digital ballasts:

Electronic ballasts are not the same as Digital Ballasts. Both ballasts share similar components but the electronic ballast does not have a brain. The electronic ballasts regulate output voltage and current based upon fixed parameters, where the digital ballasts have a microprocessor that controls the output to the bulb. The Digital ballast also communicates with the bulbs and report thier health, a feature the electronic ballasts wish they had.

So what difference does a microprocessor make? It makes a fair amount of difference. Digital ballasts won't attempt to light a bulb if it senses a failure. Digital ballasts are continually monitoring and checking the input and output voltage and current to maximize bulb life, color and illumination (brightness).

I hope this clears up the difference between Digital Ballasts and Electronic ballasts. Digital Ballasts are electronic ballasts on steroids. And the difference can be seen!

These ballasts can also be mounted in very tight spaces which you will appreciate on the LS engine bay.

Here is what I read on the digital ballasts:

Electronic ballasts are not the same as Digital Ballasts. Both ballasts share similar components but the electronic ballast does not have a brain. The electronic ballasts regulate output voltage and current based upon fixed parameters, where the digital ballasts have a microprocessor that controls the output to the bulb. The Digital ballast also communicates with the bulbs and report thier health, a feature the electronic ballasts wish they had.

So what difference does a microprocessor make? It makes a fair amount of difference. Digital ballasts won't attempt to light a bulb if it senses a failure. Digital ballasts are continually monitoring and checking the input and output voltage and current to maximize bulb life, color and illumination (brightness).

I hope this clears up the difference between Digital Ballasts and Electronic ballasts. Digital Ballasts are electronic ballasts on steroids. And the difference can be seen!

These ballasts can also be mounted in very tight spaces which you will appreciate on the LS engine bay.

Thanks sport,, so these HID's are the Digital or the Elec ones?

is it really plug and play? as easy as hooking up a subwoofer and amp?

So has everyone that ordered got their HID yet? They look like the ones on ebay for $100 what is the difference with all respect? I have had a few sets of HIDs the expensive ones and they would always not function correctly on the LS. They would some times stay on or would not come on at all. Any one have pics of succesful install and pics of the way these slim HIds look?

02V8Sport if i do order these HIds do I email the guy and tell him that I want the 9006 6000k or do I just send the payment and thats asumed already?

So has everyone that ordered got their HID yet? They look like the ones on ebay for $100 what is the difference with all respect? I have had a few sets of HIDs the expensive ones and they would always not function correctly on the LS. They would some times stay on or would not come on at all. Any one have pics of succesful install and pics of the way these slim HIds look?

02V8Sport if i do order these HIds do I email the guy and tell him that I want the 9006 6000k or do I just send the payment and thats asumed already?

You wont get a slim digital ballast kit on Ebay for $100. All the HID kits look similar, they all dont look different. This is a great deal to have a much more reliable ballast and hardware than the made in China crap you get on Ebay that burns out in 6 months. Digital ballasts take time to break in, that is why they dont come on right away at first. You need to drive around as much a possible with your lights on, even during the day for the digital ballast to get broken in to work properly.

If you order from Matt, just use the PayPal link and specify the size and color in the additional comments box when you check out. That is what I did and got my HID's in 2 days.

Cant wait!

Thanks a lot for the heads up 02V8Sport.

It's not been 2 hours since I've ordered them and they've already shipped my package. I'm itching to get a second pair for the fog lights. :p

I dont even have my car yet! I'm still waiting for it to come up from Texas.

I really hope the previous owners didnt take it in to the dealer to fix the headlight seals. I really wanna get those clear turn signal lenses too.

You wont get a slim digital ballast kit on Ebay for $100.

+1 Umnitza can definitely be trusted by me. I cant wait for mine!

02v8, do you have nay pics of the location where you put the ballast yet?

I just got my kits a few hours ago. The ballasts are just a bit smaller than common ones but way thiner and they look kinda crappy to me n seem like used. However all cables n plugs coming out of em do look brand new and the bulbs r new for sure. Lets see how they do!
Now how should I conect em?? :confused:

Members online

No members online now.
Back