My LS' Progress

Oh :q:q:q:q, he did it.

Mark, everything ok with you man?:p

Looks really good. Just get it painted ASAP......this way you won't change your mind.

I have a question about your plate and flood lights. You just replace them or do you have to do anything else in order to use them?

Your LS looks sweet. I wish I could get mine like that lol.

And for the plasti-dip, at Lowes it's $6 per can. But since you're in Canada I could be wrong.

Nice, never thought you wouldn't join us.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I am definitely keeping the look! :D

I have a question about your plate and flood lights. You just replace them or do you have to do anything else in order to use them?

Your LS looks sweet. I wish I could get mine like that lol.

And for the plasti-dip, at Lowes it's $6 per can. But since you're in Canada I could be wrong.

Thanks! My paint isn't as good as it looks though.

As for the plate and puddle LEDs, I just ordered the LEDs off v-leds.com (I posted the links a few pages back), and installed them in place of the incandescent bulbs - no resistors used. My plate LEDs continue to glow faintly even after the lights have been turned off, but they go out completely after 15 min. The puddle lamps turn right off though.

To install puddle lamp LEDs, I did what these guys did here to open them up: http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/171790-diy-led-puddle-lights/ Just a nice clean cut with a dremel. I then used gorilla glue to seal the lamps afterwards.

Only Home Hardware carries Plasti-Dip around here, but for $20/can according to their online pricing.

Ordered up some Oracal 970RA in gloss black :)

$20 for plasti Dip.... WOW Sorry to hear that. You can probably find it on Ebay cheaper maybe. I just bought a can for less than $6 at Home Depot, its awsome stuff.

LSE Rear looks fantastic.

Well my roll of vinyl finally arrived..

DSC_2235.JPG

The Oracal I ordered is amazing. Very glossy and easy to work with - bubble free finish with ease.

Sheeet that looks good.Nice shine to it too,I think I'm goin to wrap the rest of the chrome on my conti after seeing this.Since wrapping will be the next mod for many lincolns,has anyone thought about wrapping wheels in the chrome vinyl?I'm looking to see if this has been done,but no luck.Is there such a thing as overkill with vinyl?In all seriousness,Maybe start wrapping interiors....

Well my roll of vinyl finally arrived..

DSC_2235.JPG

The Oracal I ordered is amazing. Very glossy and easy to work with - bubble free finish with ease.

You ever though about wrapping the front end to protect against rock chips??

It does look very good and has a nice gloss to it similar to a clearcoat.

Thanks guys!

Sheeet that looks good.Nice shine to it too,I think I'm goin to wrap the rest of the chrome on my conti after seeing this.Since wrapping will be the next mod for many lincolns,has anyone thought about wrapping wheels in the chrome vinyl?I'm looking to see if this has been done,but no luck.Is there such a thing as overkill with vinyl?In all seriousness,Maybe start wrapping interiors....

I'll be test-wrapping one of my winter wheels next. I am going for that interceptor look. :shifty:

Did you go with the oracal 970RA as well?

Yep, 970RA in gloss black.

There's a better solution: getting a clear bra. I will get one on my next car (that is new) as soon as I roll it off the lot. Rock chips suck.

The vinyl is very glossy, much more so than I expected. People usually use it to create a piano roof-like effect on light colored cars. Even still, it isn't as shiny as real paint. IMO it works just fine on small areas though, such as the surround or maybe even wheels.

LOL You finally "painted" that thing! And it looks like real paint!

I wish I knew vinyl was such a lifesaver when I had my LS. I would have covered the rest of my ugly chrome. God, I can't freaking wait to get another LS GAHHH

I'll be test-wrapping one of my winter wheels next. I am going for that interceptor look. :shifty:

Yea those winter wheels would look good chromed too.That'll be the next highly anticipated project,and I'm sure everyone wants to be able to have a set of chrome stockers for their cars.

This brings up a good question, does vinyl stand up to road chip abuse?

LSE Surround

Well, it's official now, and here to stay! :) The vinyl looks great and I am very happy with the look.

Took a few shots after I paid a visit to the touchless wash, and finished her up on my driveway with some ONR:

DSC_2245_s.jpg

DSC_2265_s.jpg

DSC_2252_s.jpg

Now I'm onto test wrapping a wheel :D

Good Job! You should wrap your side skirts and rear valence pieces too

I don't think it will stick as they are too rough. I would otherwise, believe me.

Too cold to paint right now, maybe in the spring/summer. That's a lot of work though :(

Looks beast, Oracal maken money off this forum!

I can test a piece of vinyl on the rough skirts to see if it sticks, but I am guessing if it does, it will look slightly textured as well.

car looks real good but you just have to get rid of those mud guards....I know you live up in The Great White North but still

Members online

No members online now.
Back