Turbo kit thread

Thanks for the compliments and for the compliments of the finished product that isn't finished yet.

Brett: "Alax, I'll build your turbo for you no problem... There's just one thing..."

Alax: "Wha-wha-wh- what's th-th-that, mi-mister?"

Brett: "We're going to have to slap Carl's Jr Logos all over the car."

Alax: "Uhhhh..."

Brett: "Also you're going to have to remove your clothes"

Alax: "wtf?...*sigh*, oh alright..."

*Alax slowly starts taking off his clothes*

Brett: "MMMmmmm.."

Okay I'm done. But that is how it really went down.

umm, what? :confused: :lol:

You forgot OIL FILTER ;)

Alax.... :)

I already have the money saved, for the LLSOC Supercharger. I guess since that isn't looking to good as far as others having money ready and a requirement of 5 builds, I can just use it for this. I can upgrade to the 06' bumper while I'm at it since the old one has to come off anyway.

Question Alax, will it come with a SCT Xcal tune?

Yeah, that was the hard part for the supercharger set up, unless you did your own, Quik needed 5 guys to have the money to get the ball rolling, which was hard to get all 5 ready.

The idea was to sell the kit with sct tuners with a turbo tune. I guess if you have an sct tuner already, the cost of it will get subtracted, OR, he will just sell the kit and you'll have to provide your own sct tuner, but dont take my word for it, I'm just guessing. This is all just things mentioned, we haven't really discussed the whole kit and everything that goes with it, we have just talked about the turbo on my car and the kit has just been things mentioned here and there. The whole kit thing is all him, I'm not going to be getting profit from the kits and I'm not putting the price or anything on items, I'm just lending my car and getting a turbo out of the process of him making the kit, he will get down to specifics when everything is squared away.

He has told me of some of the products he had in mind for the LS and it's great to see him want to bring some aftermarket to the LS, I'm really excited to see results.

Looking good!

I'm sure you have mentioned it before Alax, but what are you doing for fuel injectors and mass air meter? If you are keeping the stock mass air will it be ok for a blow through application? What is the projected psi, plus size and kind of wastegate and blow-off valves?

I'm on the turbo forums under the same name and am getting ready to turbo my '89 Mustang (as in I already have the kit) here soon with a Turbonetics T-60.

The fuel system has to be upgraded, I only bought the injectors and fuel pump and shipped them to Brett, he ordered everything else so I dont know specifics on those.

Everything you need to make the turbo work will be included in the kit, I think that's the point of a kit, so you guys are just going to have to install it and enjoy.

Here is the turbo Brett built on the gen1 lse

http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/i...f3b4c64aac&topic=123719.msg1216773#msg1216773

Also found his user name on here to look up his post from a while back, took me a little while.

This is what he wrote in the thread a while back

I'm planning on opening a new business focusing on turbo kits, exhaust, carbon parts, and big brake kits 14" 4-6 piston brembo kits, which I am planning to fit your vehicles, as well as the kits for the new mustangs, camaros, and challengers, and any other cars that catch my fancy.

So no it won't be a one-on-one thing... I'm trying to make a kit that you can order, will arrive quickly, and will be installed and offer you a reliable horsepower option. I'm planning to have the kit arrive with SCT programmer and file all installed to get the vehicle up and running.

I hope he enjoys working on an LS because I want a V6 kit. I don't need my arms or legs anymore, take them.

The funniest part would be to take the vehicle in to a fomoco dealer for service and see the reaction when they hear the blow off valve....lol.

"yah... that's was the main reason why the person wanted me to turbo it... the weird things about those cars is that the V-6s are quicker than the V8s... that's just weird... so I built the turbo to fit both V-6s and V-8s to help owners spice up their lives... That's also one of the reasons why the turbo is on the pass. side because the V-8s have a smog pump in the Driverside bumper... But that was back when I was in business... this will go down as a one off..."

Soooo Alax, is this ^^^^ why you are putting a turbo on your LS?? The guy says the V8s are slower than the V6s. ;)

...actually, my dad said there's no reason to but a turbo charger on a car that's 8yo or older, that you wont get any significant gain. mines an 02 and i have one of those intake tornado things (does the same thing as a turbo) so i'm pretty sure i know what im talking about.... :cool: sorry, I just had to do it.

Looks great man, I for a long time have been debating if it would be worth upgrading to a II gen LS. If this kit comes together as i"ve been praying for every night since you posted. Im in without question.

anyone with a II gen black on black LSE 5 speed, they dont want anymore PM me.:D

...actually, my dad said there's no reason to but a turbo charger on a car that's 8yo or older, that you wont get any significant gain. mines an 02 and i have one of those intake tornado things (does the same thing as a turbo) so i'm pretty sure i know what im talking about.... :cool: sorry, I just had to do it.

:eek:

As I started to read this all I could think was "OMG! Not another TARD!!!"

Soooo Alax, is this ^^^^ why you are putting a turbo on your LS?? The guy says the V8s are slower than the V6s. ;)

I dont why he wrote v8's are slower than the v6, but I'm putting the turbo on because I wanted to go FI down the road but this deal came up so I jumped on it.

...anyone with a II gen black on black LSE 5 speed, they dont want anymore PM me.:D

If by 5 speed you mean manual, there are no gen2 manuals.

When is your estimated completion date?

When I get to it........ :slam:

I'm super busy with work and I guess I'll take the work first.. my only major problem is what to do for the throttle body..

Very nice Alax that will be a beast !! Can't wait till it's complete and see a vid!

Thanks.I'm am definitely going to be doing a few vids of it for sure. There isn't enough footage of the turbo ls'es out there, they leave me wanting to see more.

Tomorrow might be stopping by and if I do, I'll take more pics.

Scratch that, not going tomorrow. I'm probably going friday, if it's ready, I'll bring her home, if not, I'll snap pictures.

Scratch that, not going tomorrow. I'm probably going friday, if it's ready, I'll bring her home, if not, I'll snap pictures.

I'll send you 20.00 to go today and take pics, 40 if you can get a vid of it running............ aahhhh. I cant wait

Sounds temptings, but I don't have time to make the drive out there.

Members online

No members online now.
Back