Need to tone down wheels

blue_t

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Okay,now that im back into a house with a garage,its time to start back up on my mark.Something that ive been thinking about for a while is toning down the wheels,To me the wheels just look like too much"bling",and sense ive been in Florida ive noticed the chrome is taking a beating from the salt and chemicals.So ive been arguing with the wife,she says leave them alone,i say they will look better after i "fix them".Here is what im wanting to do,sand them,prep them and spray them with a transparent black,this will make them look like a black chrome wheel but more toward the chrome side.Or paint just the inside of the wheel black and re clear the whole wheel.Or paint the whole wheel black.I would like to have everyones thoughts on what i should do.Chrome,blackchrome,black/chrome,or all black??

mark1.jpg

mark2.jpg

i didnt know you were in orlando dude, i didnt even know you were in florida!!! i want to try and plan another mark VIII meet and cook out, you'll have to come over, 90 minute drive isnt bad!
on the wheels, i say you give me them, and i'll give you my speedstars!!!!
black chrome would look good though, thats what i am gonna do my valve covers and intake.

I think if you were to get them powdercoated black they would look pretty good. I do like them how they are right now but since you want to get away from the chrome, I would go with just black.

i didnt know you were in orlando dude, i didnt even know you were in florida!!! i want to try and plan another mark VIII meet and cook out, you'll have to come over, 90 minute drive isnt bad!
on the wheels, i say you give me them, and i'll give you my speedstars!!!!
black chrome would look good though, thats what i am gonna do my valve covers and intake.

You got it Jamie,tell me when the next meet is and i will be there! But hopefully
the meet isnt real soon,because i have to get my butt in gear and get some things done.I just move out of Orlando last Saturday,now i live in Ponce Inlet. Apartment living sucked!! Oh and save me some black sun visors please.I will buy them off you when i finally get to meet you.:)

Hypercoated black face and keep the chrome lip or make it looke brushed/polished.

And sweet car. One of my first threads here was asking about your car. I saw the nose and just had to have it. Unfortunatly I have no skills so I couldnt copy it. :(

My vote would be for black/with that nice wide chrome lip, or the blackchrome you mentioned. I've never been real fond of solid black wheels as it looks wierd with a different shade of black for the tires, an outline/lip/etc of a bit of chrome helps alot imho...
Any which way you choose, I'm sure your car will look amazing as always :)

first off the car is perfect.........but id black the center of the wheel you cant kill that huge chrome lip on those things

spray them with a transparent black, or sell them to me. lol

I'm gonna say black/chrome would look the best with the lip on those...

Are you still doing body work?

weird I know the car is black but for some reason it looks like a very dark emerald green on my screen and it looks really really good. hmmmm

Still can't decide if I LIKE or LOVE that front end and want to do something like that on my car. don't know.

I noticed that you still have Missouri plates on it. Did you move down there permanently?

I say sand em and paint em black with a polished lip.

Off topic a little, Can I see some pictures of your taillights from a few angles.... I want to black mine out but not sure how it will look.

that is the most rediculusly awsome MVIII i have ever seen. to match the blacked out lenses and genral stealth look you should look into the wheels roush puts on the blackjack thoes would just set your car off if you could get them with a lip. or just get that black chrome look on your rims. i got to drive one of thoes as well as the p51. the p51 was stupid fast
http://www.roushperformance.com/mustang_st3_blackjack2009.shtml

god i think i am gonna paint my trim around the doors and quarter glass too that thing is just bad! if i cook you a few burgers will you copy me another front bumper like that lol!!

Ponce Inlet is pretty nice. Now your just a stone`s throw away from the Canal St. cruise. Awesome cars show up to it. Had my Tahoe there one year.

I think if I had to do it again, I would probably go with the black wheels and a chrome lip. Unfortunately, I did not do that, and now wish I had. I still like what I've got, but would rather have gotten the chrome lip.
IMG_0828.jpg

Members online

Back