What did you do to your LS today?

I installed a little boom boom in the trunk. Nothing stupid crazy just a little to help the lower end.

Put on a new set of 255/40-18 Continental Extreme Contacts...so far so good. At less than half the price of the previous Pirelli's ($364 ea), I gave in...

yza1ZG.jpg

IEiD24.jpg

I will be getting an alignment on my next day off. The end links came pre greased, and I greased them also. even after driving on it for several days it continued to pop. When I removed it it was unable to move the joints by hand. Way to freaking tight. It was a moog end link. The new replacement I got I was able to move by hand. All is good now.
yep dont forget that alignment.
interesting. did you just swap the junk moog for a good moog?
i got some cheaper ones from 'driveworks' bc i couldnt tell a diff btwn them and moog. they seem to do the trick

Put on a new set of 255/40-18 Continental Extreme Contacts...so far so good. At less than half the price of the previous Pirelli's ($364 ea), I gave in...

yza1ZG.jpg

IEiD24.jpg

I don't have the Extremes, but the Contis I do have I'm still liking. They are still quiet and still grip like glue in all weather I've put them in over the last year. They even stick really well on a road that hasn't been rained on for a while during that first few minutes of rain when the water floats the oil out. Also, ran pretty well through an extremely hard rainstorm we had a few months back in which a new Challenger that was running at a slower speed than I was hydroplaned and did a 720 in front of me on a turnpike. Stopped to check on the poor kid, the way he was blubbering it must have been his daddy's car he was driving but he was OK. I plan to run Contis on everything from now on provided they keep making these excellent tires. Have a truck version of them on my pickup as well, and they'll run ice and snow in 2WD in places that my last tires, Bridgestone Alenzas, wouldn't run in 4WD.

Turns out hand sanitizer products removes tree sap on paint fairly quickly with a little elbow grease.
I suppose rubbing alcohol would have worked as well. Gonna clay bar the Silver LS today also, then rewax it.

^ My lord, two weekends to clean two LS'es to perfection, (what happens when your only home 1.5 days out of the week)

The glass on my Silver 01, is super clean, the most cleanest it's ever been, this clay bar stuff on the glass idea, is way better then sliced bread even with PJ on it.

I mean WOW, all the stains, dots that would never come off is completely gone, all my glass looks limo black and clear. Should have clay bar'ed long time ago, first time ever using it. Simply AMAZING, every panel is like smooth glass now, very pleased with the results. Up near the top of the window just before the moon roof, there was so much grime that came off and stuck to the clay bar. It was always the spot on my LS that was rough and faded a bit, never has it been so smooth like glass, moon roof spots on glass, ALL GONE.

Still trying to finish getting all the panels done with the Collinite #845 Insulator wax (best stuff around).

Detailing my wheels and tires, took a turn for the worse on my lower back though, that was when I threw in the towel late last night. Will have to finish it all up and get it out for some real nice fall scenery pics before putting it back in the garage for secondary tensioners and chains. < we'll call it my winter project I guess.

CLAY BAR & Collinite #845
bigrig_approved_thumbup_zps2d443357.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqW1nzgyMNA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1pvOH5fqnE

On detailing the wheels, take them off the car and put them on your work bench. Cleaning them on the car is OK but you'll do a much better job detailing if removed and on a flat surface where you aren't killing your back and can move the wheel where needed for best access.

this clay bar stuff on the glass idea, is way better then sliced bread even with PJ on it.

I mean WOW, all the stains, dots that would never come off is completely gone, all my glass looks limo black and clear.

I should learn more about auto detailing.

Finally took off the chrome mustache up front, painting it to match the body (Parchment pearl tricoat...)
Kinda scared, I've never had good luck painting or dipping. Fingers crossed!

Turns out hand sanitizer products removes tree sap on paint fairly quickly with a little elbow grease.
I suppose rubbing alcohol would have worked as well. Gonna clay bar the Silver LS today also, then rewax it.

And on a related note: DEET eats clearcoat like nobodies business. Keep it the hell away from your cars!

Well, I didn't change the oil as planned because the last grease monkey dumbass that installed the drain plug tightened it to a point where it won't come off. I'll have to swing by O'Reilleys for a new drain plug and then Harbor Freight for a big-ass pair of vise grips.

Some people should not own tools.

I should learn more about auto detailing.

there used to be a couple of guys on here that were pretty heavy into it, they had some very detailed post and some great links to help teach how to do it right.

Pete (Pektel) had a real good one

its definitely an art...

Changed the plugs and coils to motorcraft. Has previously went the cheap route and used the ole Amazon coils. See how it runs tomorrow.

I hit a tire doing 80 on the interstate. Was changing lanes. The person that was in front of me, that I was getting out from behind, ran it over and lobbed it right in front of me. Bastard. He held up well though. Just need to replace the fog light as the housing was cracked. (already found replacements) I didn't lose the tow hook cover. WOOHOO!

I took a quick look underneath once I got to work. I didn't see anything that was out of place or broken. So it looks like I won't have to do anything else. It was a huge semi tire gator.

tire fight.jpg

tire fight.jpg

I hit a tire doing 80 on the interstate. Was changing lanes. The person that was in front of me, that I was getting out from behind, ran it over and lobbed it right in front of me. Bastard. He held up well though. Just need to replace the fog light as the housing was cracked. (already found replacements) I didn't lose the tow hook cover. WOOHOO!

I took a quick look underneath once I got to work. I didn't see anything that was out of place or broken. So it looks like I won't have to do anything else. It was a huge semi tire gator.

View attachment 828473739

What is the thing hanging next to the Fog Light? I've always wondered this.

I hit a "gator" a few years back just like you and at the same speed except it took out a wheel speed sensor, plastic wheel well guard, fog light completely gone- just some wires hanging, and all the plastic from radiator down. I repaired the bumper cover lower grill. Replacing the rest myself was cheaper than the deductible.

Had to fill up the gas for the first time since 12/21/14 when I filled it up before the car went into storage

sta-bil in the gas tank, I would put it on jack stands so the tires dont flat spot, then put a battery maintainer on it, shouldn't need much more than that...

Members online

No members online now.
Back