What did you do to your LS today?

Hi!
After replacing the factory HU i miss the SWC , so i did the Lincoln SWC interface.

Mute
Vol+
Vol-
Source
Next
Prev

I need some time to add the Answer/hang functions.
press 1 to answer / twice to hang / hold to Mute.

The pcb was made on eagle cadsoft.
The firm was programmed on mplabX XC8 , mcu pic12F1840(ADC to read the analog signal , DAC signal to opamp mcp6042 as buffer then connected to pioneer radio),it also has an serial terminal to monitor the status and media buttons.

PCB dimension : 2" x 1"

[video=youtube;uIBCdmsLn18]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIBCdmsLn18[/video]

Best regards!

lincoln SWC.jpg

congrats... I haven't had mine in years!!! it'd be nice to have it back watching this though!

congrats... I haven't had mine in years!!! it'd be nice to have it back watching this though!

they probably wont work anymore by now... you've got to be due for a clock spring by now right?

seriously, just do it!

sta-bil in the gas tank, I would put it on jack stands so the tires dont flat spot, then put a battery maintainer on it, shouldn't need much more than that...
I store mine for the summer but process is pretty much the same, I take my snow tires off, put in stabil (in a topped off tank). I don't use a battery maintainer because I just fire it up every two weekends or so.

they probably wont work anymore by now... you've got to be due for a clock spring by now right?

seriously, just do it!

Oh clockspring was a few years ago... but I dont think my old HU was compatable, This one should be, but never bought the pac thing (kinda forgot about the buttons). I drive with a hand on the shifter, so its always closer to the HU than the steering wheel...but HU has a knob for volume and I HATE it, plus I just don't like things not working in the LS (knock,knock)!!!

Honestly Im waiting till the wife's done with the Expy so I can pull the AVIC out of it!

images_zpszhidqcwm.jpg

So I guess I need to

Hi!
After replacing the factory HU i miss the SWC , so i did the Lincoln SWC interface.

Mute
Vol+
Vol-
Source
Next
Prev

The pcb was made on eagle cadsoft

Was this significantly cheaper than the PAC unit? What about when you factor in time and labor? Does this do more?

Was this significantly cheaper than the PAC unit? What about when you factor in time and labor? Does this do more?

lets say that the parts were free and stuff he had sitting around, if he normally made $20/hr he would have to design, build, and test it in under three hours to brake even... its probably more out of a hobby project than anything.

also from the sound of it, he is programming it so a key can have three different features! that beats the best of what I've seen by 50% that would definitely do more

but HU has a knob for volume and I HATE it,

dead opposite here, my radio has buttons instead of a knob... takes forever to tur it down instead of a quick flick of the wrist.

my current solution is to hit mute (cuts volume in half) then press vol down to either lower it the rest of the way.

if I'm real aggressive with the volume, I hit mute (1/2) hit vol- to take it out of mure but keep the volume the same and then hit mute again. way quicker than hitting the vol- button 20 to 30 times (and yes, holding vol- will SLOWLY lower the volume)

Best angle I have of it... I agree liking a knob over buttons (function wise, not cosmetically)

Problem with mine is it's recessed a bit, making it a tough angle to get to. it has touch buttons above it that are super sensitive, so if I miss, it pulls up the menu.

trying to show a good angle of it
20130612_195315_zpse96022b0.jpg

20130613_143304_zpsb1d004ed.jpg

20140929_191147_zps2fd3443b.jpg

thank god you didn't lose that cover!

That was my first thought when I got to work and stepped out to look. I had visions of the gapping maw the whole while driving after it happened.

Problem with mine is it's recessed a bit, making it a tough angle to get to.

this has always been an issue I have had with all the DD LS dash kits... and as of last year, most brands of radios cut how far their faces stick out from the body by half or even much less making the problem a lot worse.

my solution has been to take the dash kit off and trim between 1/4"-3/8" off of the back side where it touches the radio. this allows the front edge of the face of the radio to pretty much be flush with the dash kit. I say pretty much because the front face of the kit is not perfectly flat, it has a small amount of taper to it and for instance with my radio, the bottom edge of the radio is perfectly flush but the top edge of the radio sticks out probably about 1/16"-1/8". I think it really think it helps to make it look more like it belongs there and less like its aftermarket.

Problem with mine is it's recessed a bit, making it a tough angle to get to. it has touch buttons above it that are super sensitive, so if I miss, it pulls up the menu.

That what you get when you buy a second hand Dual HU from some dumb silver Gen 1 LSE owner.

well that is pretty cool... good work!

thanks

lets say that the parts were free and stuff he had sitting around, if he normally made $20/hr he would have to design, build, and test it in under three hours to brake even... its probably more out of a hobby project than anything.

also from the sound of it, he is programming it so a key can have three different features! that beats the best of what I've seen by 50% that would definitely do more

yeah , this is just a hobby.
I'm working on the features.

I don't know if it could be cheaper, but i'll do a small batch of 10 pieces ,i want a good pcb so i'll send them to produce.
It could do more , its just about the HU features and what would you like to do.

best regards!

Replaced my transmission last week. I was accelerating from a stop light when the car suddenly acted like it slipped into neutral. When I'd push the gas pedal it would move about an inch or so and thats it. Towed it home and bought a used transmission from a local salvage yard. I will say that changing an LS transmission in a garage with the car on jackstands sucks big time. It can be done but it is not fun at all. Broke the vent tube so I ordered one today.

Today I replaced the right side catalytic converter. One of the pieces in the old one broke loose and would rattle bery loud. It was embarrasing to drive, sounded like a old push rod engine getting ready to throw a rod thru the hood.

Now I have a problem with the engine stalling when I come to a stop in gear. Not all of the time but now and then. The engine will not stall if the transmission is in neutral at stop. I ordered a new IAC today, hopefully that fixes the stalling issue. I am going to check the transmission fluid level tomorrow, I have read that could also cause the engine to stall at a stop.

Well, washed the 03 and the 06 got um all cleaned up.
I was going to sell the 03 but the wife decided she wants to drive it..lol His and hers LS's

Hi!

Mute
Vol+
Vol-
Source
Next
Prev

The pcb was made on eagle cadsoft.
The firm was programmed on mplabX XC8 , mcu pic12F1840(ADC to read the analog signal , DAC signal to opamp mcp6042 as buffer then connected to pioneer radio),it also has an serial terminal to monitor the status and media buttons.

PCB dimension : 2" x 1"

[video=youtube;uIBCdmsLn18]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIBCdmsLn18[/video]

Best regards!

Not enough room with 8 bit's to write in the buffer ?
or leaving room for more ?
nice compiler,,what you using for a burner ?
i'm still in the dark ages with winpic and a chinee burner :)
how long is the hex file so far with what you got ?

Not enough room with 8 bit's to write in the buffer ?
or leaving room for more ?
nice compiler,,what you using for a burner ?
i'm still in the dark ages with winpic and a chinee burner :)
how long is the hex file so far with what you got ?

Hi,
The buffer is for the DAC output, analog output buffer (opamp follower mode), not for code.
20% ROM used
pickit2 programmer/i also have de pk3
regards!

No more limp mode found out just a throttle position sensor. Got to drive it for more then 5min for the frist time since I got it

Hi,
The buffer is for the DAC output, analog output buffer (opamp follower mode), not for code.
20% ROM used
pickit2 programmer/i also have de pk3
regards!

Wow,leaves plenty of room for more,,,,,,extra features if you wanted.
I still have some 8 bit pic's around but my burner is serial !!!
have you looked at the Arduino stuff available now ??

This weekend, I did a tire rotation and adjusted tire pressure. Then, I read some stories about dieselgate and went back outside to smile at her.

Shame on you's for letting this excellent thread drop so low.

EDIT - - - -

I didn't do anything to my LS today!

Members online

No members online now.
Back