What did you do to your LS today?

I bought a 2002 Owner's Manual with the case for $13 on eBay. Why are the books' covers' pictures of trees and crap?? Anyway, I just wanted to have all that info in the car and haven't gotten around to printing the PDF.

^ 1500-2000 light wet sand before you hit it with the clear.

I'll give it a shot

Yesterday, I had to add a quart of oil. That I find really strange because I have been taking it really easy on her for the past 2 months. This is the first time I've had to add oil.

Yesterday, I had to add a quart of oil. That I find really strange because I have been taking it really easy on her for the past 2 months. This is the first time I've had to add oil.

*Shudders*

Little errand this morning, on the way home, stopped by the local power spray and gave it a gently rinse to get the dust off and rinse the wheels clean, (has been sitting in the driveway for past two weeks due to 6 cords off wood piled directly in front of my garage door) ... on the way back home on the straight stretch, I like to get it up to speed to get the water off, a bird dive bombs directly in front of the grille, I hear the THUMP, wonderful ... get home, sure enough, the front license plate plastic tinted protective cover is cracked. Hit it dead center on the plate. Rather that then into the grille or on the freshly painted bumper cover.

More orange juice please!

Well....on Saturday I installed the new K&N Filter, adapter and heat shield. Oil change. Plus New tires all around. Firestone FR710s.

This coming weekend I'm hoping to get the back up cam finished. I'm scared about drilling into the rear surround and metal brace behind is what has really been stopping me. I have a ebony LSE rear surround, so I don't want to EFF it up. I have already run the video feed and REM wire from the radio to the trunk.

K&N.jpg
Tires.jpg

EDIT:

Here is the back up cam I am using....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VUSVM8U?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

K&N.jpg

Tires.jpg

Well....on Saturday I installed the new K&N Filter, adapter and heat shield. Oil change. Plus New tires all around. Firestone FR710s.

This coming weekend I'm hoping to get the back up cam finished. I'm scared about drilling into the rear surround and metal brace behind is what has really been stopping me. I have a ebony LSE rear surround, so I don't want to EFF it up. I have already run the video feed and REM wire from the radio to the trunk.

View attachment 828473421
View attachment 828473422

EDIT:

Here is the back up cam I am using....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VUSVM8U?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Any body shop men here can correct me, but I believe if you put a piece of masking tape over the spot you are drilling it will keep it from chipping out when you drill the hole. You can center it by finding the center of the license plate, then hang a string with a weight on it. The weight will pull the string taut, and the string will help you find the center easier. Start the hole with a much smaller drill bit than the part calls for, and this will give the correct sized bit a starting hole so it won't skip across. Start it slowly and you should be good. When it hits the metal, spray a little WD40 in the hole to lube the metal for the bit.

drilling the surround will be fine... its soft, the plate behind is more difficult. Remember the surround pulls out, the camera threads.wires go up... make sure the hole is big enough on that plate so you can still pull the surround off (if you ever need to) without needing to remove/uninstall the camera.

New front and rear brakes (pads and rotors), and new brake fluid. Also, engine had misfires in addition to CEL. First service, dealer changed 2 COPS and plugs on drivers side; however, after about 2 miles of driving the misfire returned, the CEL came on and when I was driving the car back to the dealer the next day for service, it went into limp mode. Had to drive the last 10 miles with the blinkers on and using lower speed limit roads. This time the dealer changed all the COPS and plugs on the driver's side - so far so good. I guess once my extended warranty runs out September 2016, when the engines starts misfiring, I will do the work myself and change all the COPS and plugs with OEM parts.

I got pissed of at my LS today. Discovered more water in the coil wells. This time it was boiling out. So, I decided I was going to fix it all and sell it. (which usually doesn't happen).

Valve Covers: Bought (TASCA)
MOTORCRAFT Coils: In the process (they can be a bit pricey) (rockauto)
MOTORCRAFT Plugs: Bought (rockauto)
Valve cover gasket: Bought (on sale at rockauto if anyone needs to do there's!)
Foam Seal: Bought (Dealer)
Coil Covers: Bought (Dealer)
Windshield Cowl: Bought (Ebay)
Grill: Bought (Mine had chrome peeling) (Ebay)
Oil and Filter: Bought (Dealer)
Fog Light Assembly: Bought (I believe mine had a crack in it, I kept getting moisture inside of it)

Will be installing all these parts when I buy the last of the coils. Anyone have any bad dealings with rockautos motorcraft coils?

Oh, and I just got done replacing all Brake pads and turning the rotors. I also replaced 2 wheel studs since the tire shop cross threaded the bolts. But no way to prove that...:Bang

I got pissed of at my LS today. Discovered more water in the coil wells. This time it was boiling out. So, I decided I was going to fix it all and sell it. (which usually doesn't happen).....

Easily resolved by replacing the driver's side wiper arm seal (under the cowl).

Drilled holes in the rear surround and the plate behind to install my back up cam. It wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. Went very smooth.

I'm really bad at wiring stuff so Joegr said he would draw me up a wiring diagram with relay to get it all completed.

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Easily resolved by replacing the driver's side wiper arm seal (under the cowl).

It was replaced about 1 year ago. And a few months ago I noticed water getting in still, so I siliconed everything and made it look 50x worse. So im finally fixing the silicone and doing everything by the book.

Looks great to me. Sometimes small details can make car look really good or sadly make it appear like owner has no idea of how they want car to look overall. This Guy looks good and right!

Looks great to me. Sometimes small details can make car look really good or sadly make it appear like owner has no idea of how they want car to look overall. This Guy looks good and right!

What Did I Do To My LS Today?

I corrected the Airbag Code 36 by repairing the severed connection under the Drivers Seat. When I saw that a new plug was $49, I decided I could fix it, and did. I also ordered replacement Fog Lamps and a CD-6 Head Unit.

I pulled the radiator out of the car. Took about an 1 1/2 to to get the old one out and the new one sitting in there I had to stop and go to church (ask for forgiveness. many bad words were said after working on the car all weekend!)

I put a block of c4 under my ls today....... J/j not really. Who the hell talked me into buying this car!

Members online

No members online now.
Back