What did you do to your LS today?

Over the weekend I installed the Factory HID Lamps I grabbed from the Pick-N-Save for $25 each. Because I like doing electrical the right way I created a custom plug & play wiring harness.

kI2y5p6.png

A49jA7h.png

Had the exhaust redone today. Turned into an all day experience.

As the whole previous system was cut off and the inside of both CAT where blown out, car lowered onto the ground and a good few hard revs blew the remainder out, both screens inside each CAT were determined to be in perfect condition after all, nothing was clogged up, burned or deteriorated, a good blow out and it was decided to NOT gut them after all.

attachment.jpg

Nice symmetrical new system put back in place

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Much cleaner job, just the tips turned out a little on the small side for me, will need to have them redone a bit.

At least the large chrome cannon tips are off.

Runs a bit more quieter then before.

None what so ever and I mean that. There wasn't all that much of a drone before and now that it's a little quieter, with the windows closed there is zero drone at any RPM.

The X cross over was moved up further closer to the engine this time around, there is also no leaks at the muffler inlets like there was on the previous questionable work.

No none taken and I'd rather not have you making fun of my small tips! It's going back for a tip touch up!

#ittybittytippycommitty

No none taken and I'd rather not have you making fun of my small tips! It's going back for a tip touch up!

#ittybittytippycommitty

Considering they look the correct size for the cutouts I doubt anyone would make fun. Now if THIS is what you have in mind...

lggcx2pcuyiqdeoh48bw.jpg

Then yes, you will be made fun of. Oh, yes, you will be made fun of.

Yeaaaaa, I need secondary timing chain and tensioners. + transmission work + .... + .... + .... + = moneypit!

~ The never ending LS story, so much fun. <sigh>

~ Telco, wanna buy an LS?

Removed windshield tint this past weekend, added some refrigerant, replaced resistors on taillight harnesses and stuffed a towel behind a door panel to keep it from rattling.

Yeaaaaa, I need secondary timing chain and tensioners. + transmission work + .... + .... + .... + = moneypit!

~ The never ending LS story, so much fun. <sigh>

~ Telco, wanna buy an LS?

You should be on Last Comic Standing. Where's those tip pics?

^ Haha, next Monday I have an appointment to go back and redo the tips to something a little larger, we are going to cut further into the lower valance possibly also.

Can't show you pics now of my tiny tips, going from those big chrome cannons, these little tips have given me a bit of a "size" complex. You know, kinda when YOU last peeked while at the urinals and realized your place of order in life!

Next week Bud, next week ...

I just noticed i was down to 1 1/2 bottles of this stuff.

went online and only found it on ebay.

Amazon out,everyplace that carries turtle wax products,,out.

found it has been discontinued..

ordered two bottles,,should have bought the rest..

seems like only six bottles left in the world :(

Ron, you might want to try this "COLLINITE #845" stuff next ... works great, excellent results.

attachment.jpg

http://www.collinite.com/automotive-wax/insulator-wax/

845-site2012.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Collinite-Liquid-Insulator-Wax-845/dp/B000JK2D06

~ used very sparingly, goes on a bit creasy, doesn't dry to a white power like most do, polishes to a perfect weather beating shine, can't say enough good things about it. My number 1 polish. Member Pektel recommended it to me on here, swears by it as a final top coat polish. I love it.

Ron, you might want to try this "COLLINITE #845" stuff next ... works great, excellent results.

attachment.jpg

http://www.collinite.com/automotive-wax/insulator-wax/

845-site2012.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Collinite-Liquid-Insulator-Wax-845/dp/B000JK2D06

~ used very sparingly, goes on a bit creasy, doesn't dry to a white power like most do, polishes to a perfect weather beating shine, can't say enough good things about it. My number 1 polish. Member Pektel recommended it to me on here, swears by it as a final top coat polish. I love it.

I see it is very highly rated.
have never found a "wax" i was really happy with.
it should work well after the clay job.
will give it a try.
tnx.

As many times as I've tried other waxes, I always return to Zaino (zainobros.com). Is VERY easy to apply, remove and lasts a long time; in wax years. It's actually a polish and the results create a waxing addiction. It makes the paint look very deep! It's also cheaper than the Collinite.

uh,oh.......

not just clean and wax ??

what steps missing ??

Not sure if your being serious... but I'll assume so...

Lots of varying opinions on this (even a few threads), but a good rule of thumb when stripping a car (clay barring) is:

wash
claybar
wash
polish
seal
wax

I use to belong to a forum called Detail U IIRC, but it doesn't seem to be around anymore...or switched to http://www.detailedimage.com/ Either way, seems to still have some good info on it (forum gone though)

Sold it !! Thanks to everyone for the tips I've received to keep this bi**h on the road . Enjoyed it? mixed feelings about the LS could have been SO good but just missed the mark on too many points . Someone on here called it BMW pricing with Yugo quality parts and that hits the mark pretty well. bye guys

...Someone on here called it BMW pricing with Yugo quality parts ...

I assure you that neither is true. Apparently you never priced a new BMW 5 series, and it doesn't sound like you have any Yugo experience either.

Finally got a replacement center vent after hunting through eBay (new goes for $130!) and junkyards (always, always broken badly). I searched on a whim on eBay and found one for $46 shipped. it just has one cracked button post which is going to get swamped in JB since my superglue never seems to actually stick to ABS. Receiving it motivated me to try painting it and the replacement glovebox trim. I think I finally got the spraypaint technique down. It still needs a topcoat and it's not perfect, but it's definitely better. It gives me a confidence boost to try painting the chrome parts again

2015-08-09 12.14.32.jpg

2015-08-09 12.14.32.jpg

^ 1500-2000 light wet sand before you hit it with the clear.

Really exciting day, had the exhaust tips replaced to something a fraction larger, tucked up higher and in further. <Yes Telco, pics to follow>

.... PLUS while whipper snipping the property, got stung, not once but twice by angry bees that are busy crawling into a corner of our house.

It's OK because I already had my orange juice this morning and I'm staying at a Holiday Inn tonight ... bringing a Snickers bar just in case I get hungry again.

Members online

Back