Be honest. Is the lincoln ls scene pretty much dead?

olddirtybastard

New LVC Member
Reaction score
This place used to be booming back in the day, now it's pretty much a ghost town. Not only that, I rarely see LS's on the road anymore. They are mostly in junk yards.

This place used to be booming back in the day, now it's pretty much a ghost town. Not only that, I rarely see LS's on the road anymore. They are mostly in junk yards.
It's true that things are slower around here, but I still do see an LS or two every other day.
Granted, they're usually in a sadly neglected state, but they're still on the road :p

Owned my 06 since new and loving every minute of it. Heck, the damned thing is still under warranty.

As expected... Massive depreciation. No aftermarket. Low production volume. 10 years since they made them. The luster wore off a long time ago

Suprisingly enough I see a ****load of them in the Tulsa area. One of my co-workers also has a 2003 LS V8. There are all colors and years of them around here.

It's true that things are slower around here, but I still do see an LS or two every other day.
Granted, they're usually in a sadly neglected state, but they're still on the road :p

Owned my 06 since new and loving every minute of it. Heck, the damned thing is still under warranty.

What kind of warranty goes 9-10 years?????

You should check out the Mark VIII scene. About 5-7 years ago the new post page was always full of mark viii posts which are now lincoln ls. Enjoy it while this still last because soon you will be hoping just for 2-3 posts about an ls on the new post page. I envy y'all right now so take advantage of what you have before that is even gone.

And I still see new lincoln ls every day here in florida. I can go months before I see a mark viii, let alone a clean one.

ive seen quite a few ls's around here in ft myers fl , but most are owned by seasonal residents , and as a rule of thumb i see one or two for sale on craigs list every few weeks during season (winter) . in the car clubs around here they call them dead mans cars . cause the owner past-away ......

it's been dead for a long time. What would anyone expect from it though. Lincoln doesn't make enthusiasts cars, so the only demographic that gets on this forum are people who have something broken, who want to avoid the dealer.

10-16 year old car with nothing new left WORTH doing, it leaves this a dead community other than repairs when you can even find the parts. Most of whats still left for suspension is parts store **** that doesn't last.

Yeah, much agreed with above statements. But the "LS scene" being dead is more or less a positive aspect for me. The fact that the LS is a ghost, is one of the best reasons to own one.

I was filling up at a Speedway near my house a while ago, and this new Lincoln MKZ pulled up to the pump adjacent from mine. This old withered man crawled himself out of the driver seat, stood up all hunched over like, and made his way to start pumping gas.

I was eyeing his car a bit, not much else to do, when he started to head inside to pay. (Who doesn't use pay outside option these days?)

He stops and looks at my car, and walks around the other side and up to the front. Just looking it over for a good 20-30 seconds. And right when that feeling of akwardness began to hit, he says "Man, that sure is a fine car you got there son!". Made me smile haha.

Most people don't even know what an LS is. And the fact that it's gorgeous and still has a figure that shines in comparison to the modern day spaceships is great. The LS will always have a timeless appearance to me. Aggressive yet subtle. Professional. Successful. But that's just one guys opinion.

Scene dead? Yeah. And I love it

My LS is still alive and very much kicking! I've just rolled 77K on the odometer, it's a 2000 V8 Sport. I'm coming up on finishing a couple things I'm doing with it. Nothing big. Almost finished with de-chroming. It's fun to drive and I love my car. I see them everywhere in Tampa, FL. Granted, I have only seen one that has had anything done to it, aside from my own, which is Manoli's LS. The majority I see are clean and look to be well kept. I have only seen a few where I felt sad for the car.

2000 ls SPORT 5 SPEED

Bought my first LS 5 years ago from the original owner who claimed that the car was a mule for a NC state-wide LS Club (never attempted to verify his claim.) The LS had 225,000+ miles on it and had been well used running nos and upgraded exhaust and larger wheels. I don't regret purchasing a 4 door car with stick and rwd but should have examined this car before purchasing thru eBay. At any rate, I now own a 2001 v-8 LS (non-running) and a hail-damaged '02 LS with 5 sp stick, also and also non-running. I joined this site as an original gold member about 2 years ago and have received much helpful advice AND some not so helpful advice. One of which was (and I do not remember the original post) that the v-8 exhaust mates perfectly to the v-6 exhaust manifolds. This is not true. At least, I purchased the LS v-8 for the purpose of replacing my v-6 stick's exhaust (the catalytic converters were cut and removed when at a mechanic's shop) and the v-8's pipes have a different radiussed bend not allowing for the v-8 to v-6 exchange. However, most of what I've read has been extremely helpful. And, every new project on the LS (changing the hydraulic fan to electric next) has always been performed or, at least, attempted to be performed subsequent to the various posts on this web site. "Dead LS?" Blood transfusions are always available and thanks "doctors" for your assistance, NHS III (Scooter)

Suprisingly enough I see a ****load of them in the Tulsa area. One of my co-workers also has a 2003 LS V8. There are all colors and years of them around here.

That's no joke... I see at least one nearly every day and some days quite a few, especially on the East and Southeast (71st) parts of town plus a couple in Sand Springs.

I see a lot of LSes as well (saw 3 today), but I would still say the "scene" is dead. They're just 4 door Lincolns to most people. Smaller Town Cars.

Being a relative new comer, only having my LS for a little over a year, I appreciate the site and all the knowledge and interesting reading it holds. Up to about a month or so ago, I must have read just about every topic and upgrade I could find. I especially like the picture thread which I finally had the honor to add a photo to today. Now that I've caught up on how many- ever years of posts (obviously not all), I do find myself searching for a new posts daily to see what's going on in the LS world. I wish I could have been a part when it was in its heyday.
Oh well, still a great forum with lots of great people and still a great car (IMO).

Definitely dead. But this forum is also pretty old school. Social media is still somewhat hype with LS stuff. The LS Enthusiasts FB page is actually decently active.

was it ever really alive to begin with?

there are three main things people like to do to their cars...

keep their cars as factory and as fresh as possible, which is hard with a limiter production run and being a hard time finding a lot of parts...

then their is the looks crowd that is always going after the exterior, but with next to no options of parts to choose from, everybody's LS almost looks the same, next to no body parts/mods available and a weird wheel bolt pattern makes finding wheels that fit right AND look a real chore...

then their are the performance guys. and we all know where that's going... that was dead long before it started... few people went big (most blew their motors), every body did CIA, exhaust, and tune before running out of things to do... there are a few that claim that there is no problems building the LS up or swapping motors (but come on, anytime you can count how many times a motor have been swapped out on your hands definitely shows something) and really the smarter ones have moved on to something with real possibilities.

yeah, i'd say it's been dead for a little bit.

Here in so cal I see at least 10 every time I go somewhere. Mine is an 02 out performed any car out in the streets. Hasn't giving me any issues. The LS will take care of you like you take care of it.

I'm thinking about joining Telco's club soon.

Don't seem to have much time for the LS these days, I'm home with just enough time to cut the lawn and pester you guys for a bit. Might have to work on the 01 during the winter times instead.

An enthusiast's LS is dead. I don't think it existed with the 3.9 ONLY found on the Thunderbird and the LS. If Ford didn't build the S-Type (which sales were significantly lower (by ALOT), despite being sold in three continents), and brought the LS worldwide (like they were suppose to do), it could have been successful. Instead of 260,000 over a 7 year period, it could have been 300,000+ if they didn't spend money on the S-Type, and spent it towards the LS in improvements. Don't even get me started on the retro-Thunderbird, Ford should have definitely knew better. Should have mated the 3.8 V6 for the base, the 4.6 4V V8, and the Terminator engine with the 4R70W or the T56. We could have had a reliable LS, and it would be very much alive today as an enthusiasts car, with parts easily accessible. A 700HP modded LS would probably have been unnecessary, but the thought of it sounds way too good not to be tempted to do, easily, on a strong block and a very tough transmission.

I'm thinking about joining Telco's club soon.

Don't seem to have much time for the LS these days, I'm home with just enough time to cut the lawn and pester you guys for a bit. Might have to work on the 01 during the winter times instead.

Wait, what? Not you! I thought the LS was the be all and end all for you!!!

Nah, seriously, there just comes that time. Eventually I'll even have to give up my beloved Silverado. Course, by then I plan to be drooling on myself and wondering what that big shiny thing in the sky is every morning, but isn't that just the way of it.

I really do wish the LS had been what I expected it to be when I first bought it. It was a huge disappointment to me to find out what it really is. When I buy a car, it's always with the intent to keep it until one of us dies and can't be revived. This is one of the reasons I'm considering the Charger over the Chevy SS even though I'm a Chevy guy, because they're making millions of them and it's something I'll be able to keep alive for the next 40 years. After that, I won't care so much.

i dont mind a quiet site, with a few folks on that really know wtf their talking about, for the most part.
i've had mine for maybe almost year, and love driving it, even though its slow as hell. great cruiser.

i'm looking to get an 05 / 06 ls here in the next 6 months.

Wait, what? Not you! I thought the LS was the be all and end all for you!!!

I'm at a point were I'm constantly debating the topic of IT NEEDS THIS or I STILL WANT TO DO THAT to it ...

Yet I want to get into a newer model Nissan 370Z 'eventually'

and it should look like so, color, wing and all.

nissan-370z.jpg

wanted a mail order young Asian bride as well BUT NO!$%@ .... that wasn't allowed either, she said!

Instead, we picked up an 03 in mint condition on the cheap (thanks M4rk) and now I got two LS I'm supposed to empty my wallet on.

I swear there comes a day I'll simply ride into the sunset in a 370Z with my new Asian hotty! (please no pinching me right now, I'm in my happy place)

nissan-370z.jpg

I know how you feel. I'm really itching for a new Charger. Thinking an RT Scat Pack, which will get the same mileage as my LS but will blow the LS clean off the road. On the other hand, a V6 with the 8 speed is supposed to run just as well as my V8 LS yet get the same mileage as a Corolla. Decisions decisions... if I go V6 I can use the extra spend to buy a Fiero, then put a 454LSX into the engine cradle. Hmm 600+HP in a 2600lb car...

I'm thinking V6 myself. SXT with plus package. While the hemi would be nice, so would 30+mpg. If Dodge offered a MT I would have bought already. Probably in the next 12-18 months unless something better comes along.

Members online

Back