Be honest. Is the lincoln ls scene pretty much dead?

The only reason the retrobird is timeless is because a bunch of old guys bought them because they "knew" they'd be future classics. Besides the fact that all but a handful of cars depreciate significantly more than just holding on to the same amount of cash, it's pretty accurate to say any model bought to be stored as a classic for future resale ensures it will never reach that status. The classics (barring very low production models/trims) are worth money because they weren't seen as anything special and were mostly just junked, so now they're rare.

Their forum is about whitewalls and retirement homes. They'll be out of the game before we really need help.

Oh you. And what's FHP? Florida Highway Patrol? Are you racing them? How many times a week are you pulled over? I suggest putting "Town Car" lettering on your trunk in the hopes of a botched ticket

I have to confess, while I wouldn't put ww on my LS or Explorer, I put them on my TBird. Here's some pics.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?91469-my-2003-retro-TBird

those tbird seats are gonna cost ya an arm and a leg grill... heck its not even worth the time and effort to replace unsightly torn leather on an ls seat... most junk yards either dont keep the seat covers indoors, wont seperate the covers from the seat, or want more than the car is worth for a seat in 'good' condition <PLUS FREIGHT>... plus its a dice roll as to whether the t bird seat will fit in easily if even if you manage to find it local...

so to answer OP's question:
LS scene is dead bc it makes significantly more financial sense to drive 99.9% of ls's into the ground than to keep them customized/current/interesting. just have fun driving a more than capable car without too much AI interference while you still can... 'merica!

It sucks. I just got my first LS. I found it rather inexpensive. 05 LS V8 Sport, 86k no leaks, runs like something wicked. Now all I have to troubleshoot with is a dusty old library of threads. I do appreciate the existence of this page for sure.

I will say this, due to an over abundance of copy threads, the built in search feature doesn't work all that well... just use google, and add "site:lincolnvscadillac.com" to the end of what ever you are searching for. works like a charm...

also bookmark this site

http://deneau.info/ls/

Members online

Back