Be honest. Is the lincoln ls scene pretty much dead?

There just weren't any cool designations like Miata NC-1 vs NC-2, or SN95 vs New Edge, or S2000 AP1 vs AP2. The LS just called it a facelift or the new LS. So 1st/2nd gen stuck, presumably, because it was easiest. And LS1/LS2 were taken
pretty sure there was a lawsuit btwn ford and lexus over the name 'ls'... lawyers prolly said 'it aint worth it' and went to the bar <in their european cars of course>

i think the ls looks a lot like a ford fusion. not sure why anyone would want to throw exorbitant cash at one. like someone said, they have an early 90s tbird and its fat girl at prom... thats your ls in a few yrs... now if yall were talkin about the tbird remake on the dew platform.. THEN youre talkin about a car that would be worth throwin $$ at bc those will be semi-timeless since they were highly regarded/publicized 10+ yrs ago... thats one of those cars that ppl say 'ohhhhh yea, i forgot abt those' when they see one. when they see an ls they say 'oh what kinda car is that?' bc they are thinkin something more along the lines of 'hmm that would be an awesome/cheap car to have as a 2nd car/entry level luxury beater'

i think the ls looks a lot like a ford fusion. not sure why anyone would want to throw exorbitant cash at one. like someone said, they have an early 90s tbird and its fat girl at prom... thats your ls in a few yrs... now if yall were talkin about the tbird remake on the dew platform.. THEN youre talkin about a car that would be worth throwin $$ at bc those will be semi-timeless since they were highly regarded/publicized 10+ yrs ago... thats one of those cars that ppl say 'ohhhhh yea, i forgot abt those' when they see one. when they see an ls they say 'oh what kinda car is that?' bc they are thinkin something more along the lines of 'hmm that would be an awesome/cheap car to have as a 2nd car/entry level luxury beater'
How the heck can you confuse an LS for a "conFusion"? I think you must be referring to the MKZ. That's another section that isn't very active because those drivers...err, riders are still trying to figure out how to go fast. (TnC)

The retro Bird enthusiast market may actually help save many LSes from the graveyard.

I get some people that wonder what my car is after I do my little semi-daily 50-120mph freeway merge. I let them come cruising by and they have this stunned look on their faces. The FHP is the same.

now if yall were talkin about the tbird remake on the dew platform.. THEN youre talkin about a car that would be worth throwin $$ at bc those will be semi-timeless since they were highly regarded/publicized 10+ yrs ago...

The only reason the retrobird is timeless is because a bunch of old guys bought them because they "knew" they'd be future classics. Besides the fact that all but a handful of cars depreciate significantly more than just holding on to the same amount of cash, it's pretty accurate to say any model bought to be stored as a classic for future resale ensures it will never reach that status. The classics (barring very low production models/trims) are worth money because they weren't seen as anything special and were mostly just junked, so now they're rare.

The retro Bird enthusiast market may actually help save many LSes from the graveyard.

Their forum is about whitewalls and retirement homes. They'll be out of the game before we really need help.

I get some people that wonder what my car is after I do my little semi-daily 50-120mph freeway merge. I let them come cruising by and they have this stunned look on their faces. The FHP is the same.

Oh you. And what's FHP? Florida Highway Patrol? Are you racing them? How many times a week are you pulled over? I suggest putting "Town Car" lettering on your trunk in the hopes of a botched ticket

Unfortunately the Retro-Bird will never reach the value of a '56. Or a '62. It will be no more desireable than an '83 turbo 'bird. They're still cheaper than they were initially.

Had a coworker that paid over $50K for a new one. Kept it 4 years, drove it very little and then sold it for ~$22.5. Even John Force's is listed for less than $40K.....

The only reason the retrobird is timeless is because a bunch of old guys bought them because they "knew" they'd be future classics. Besides the fact that all but a handful of cars depreciate significantly more than just holding on to the same amount of cash, it's pretty accurate to say any model bought to be stored as a classic for future resale ensures it will never reach that status. The classics (barring very low production models/trims) are worth money because they weren't seen as anything special and were mostly just junked, so now they're rare.

Their forum is about whitewalls and retirement homes. They'll be out of the game before we really need help.

Oh you. And what's FHP? Florida Highway Patrol? Are you racing them? How many times a week are you pulled over? I suggest putting "Town Car" lettering on your trunk in the hopes of a botched ticket
FHP is Florida Highway Patrol. I never get pulled over. The speed limit is 65 and the FHP gives tolerance to 85 in ideal conditions. For some reason they use the posted statewide limit to determine their tolerance. There are places where there is very little tolerance. In those areas, I find myself going well below the limit. I use speed mainly to stay out of the way. People here drive 90mph with their cellphone stuck to their head.

As a senior citizen with an LS and a retro TBird, I appreciate your very logical comments.

I don't see anything wrong owning/driving a car that handles almost as good as an LS, is equal to an LS in acceleration, and has the benefit of top down driving. Do you?

Oh, and I could give a rat's butt what the resale value is when I'm "out of the game" and my kids dump the Bird, but it will be higher than my LS.

Till then, I'll take the Bird to autoshows and cruises (when I'm not taking the Galaxie). something I don't do with the LS. No one ever gives my LS a thumbs up, except for my Lincoln Service Department.

As a senior citizen with an LS and a retro TBird, I appreciate your very logical comments.

I don't see anything wrong owning/driving a car that handles almost as good as an LS, is equal to an LS in acceleration, and has the benefit of top down driving. Do you?

Oh, and I could give a rat's butt what the resale value is when I'm "out of the game" and my kids dump the Bird, but it will be higher than my LS.

Till then, I'll take the Bird to autoshows and cruises (when I'm not taking the Galaxie). something I don't do with the LS. No one ever gives my LS a thumbs up, except for my Lincoln Service Department.

You enjoy the car for what is is, not what it will be. I'm just saying I don't expect much help from the Tbird side when the parts shortage becomes a crisis. Given that it's grandeur was based on a previous car's style, I really don't see it's value ever picking up, meaning I don't think it's worth much more than the LS in terms of "worth throwin $$ at". Take that and my previous comment how you will.

pretty sure there was a lawsuit btwn ford and lexus over the name 'ls'... lawyers prolly said 'it aint worth it' and went to the bar <in their european cars of course>

LS, LS6, LS8, LS V6, LS V8 are all the official names you are referring to and none of those resemble what I'm talking about.

LS, LS6, LS8, LS V6, LS V8 are all the official names you are referring to and none of those resemble what I'm talking about.

The LS was supposed to be LS6 and LS8. Because Ford got their panties in a twist over Toyota naming their pickup the T100, Toyota countered with the LS. Ford said the T100 could/would be confused with the F150 so sued Toyota. Ford won that round and Toyota didn't forget; so when Lincoln wanted to use LS6 and LS8 Toyota fought back and sued Ford saying the Lincoln could/would be confused with the LS400.

Children.......

I sure wouldn't mind having a retro Bird with a hard top in Cashmere. I'd take a 1987-88 Turbo Coupe too. The funny thing is, those are the only ones that actually looked like a bird.

FHP is Florida Highway Patrol. I never get pulled over. The speed limit is 65 and the FHP gives tolerance to 85 in ideal conditions. For some reason they use the posted statewide limit to determine their tolerance. There are places where there is very little tolerance. In those areas, I find myself going well below the limit. I use speed mainly to stay out of the way. People here drive 90mph with their cellphone stuck to their head.
gotta love FL... 95 on 95 no problemo

yep that sounds about right to me.

i wouldnt discount some further price drops on those tbirds in the future but sometime a long time from now, i wouldnt be shocked to see a resurgance in the appeal of that tbird. kinda like the screaming chicken trans ams... cars went from awesome, to a joke, to awesome over the course of 30 yrs... theres no way that happens with an ls. if lincoln tries to revive some long lost heritage ppl are going to talk abt suicide doors not the chrome-look waterfall grill from every lincoln car. even tho it looks pretty good on ls its not an ICON, which is why ppl have to ask 'what is that' instead of just 'knowing' what it is w/o asking.

for you guys wanting to dump cash into a car that will probably jump check the c4 corvette that are going for next to nothing. some of the c5s are headin right down there in price too and i wouldnt be shocked to see those cars make a big jump. fwiw, i had a red 93 on my wall as a kid and even as 'cliche' as it is <per every magazine read by women my age> I will still own a red 93-96 c4 one of these days when i have room to park one. might even use one to replace my ls as my daily driver in a few yrs

How the heck can you confuse an LS for a "conFusion"? I think you must be referring to the MKZ. That's another section that isn't very active because those drivers...err, riders are still trying to figure out how to go fast. (TnC)

same general body lines on ls, fusion, mkz...

haha i never let em catch me when i go 120 so i dunno what their faces look like... i have had some audis try to see my face after they decided to go, what i assume was 150 tho haha... i got a v6 so i cant hang with those.. and thats probably for the best at the end of the day.

I think you're confused. The LS looks nothing like the Fusion/MKZ. The platforms are even completely different as the LS is RWD and the others are FWD.

I think you're confused. The LS looks nothing like the Fusion/MKZ. The platforms are even completely different as the LS is RWD and the others are FWD.

You keep saying Bettlejuice......

Don't feed the troll....

The "ignore list" is a WONDERFUL thing!!

dude, just give up

you cant argue with stupidity, hes just going to drag you down to his level of intelligence and then beat you with experience...

The "ignore list" is a WONDERFUL thing!!

amen.

Sorry, I was bored. I figured he might be an orphan from the MKZ section.

2006 fusions LOOKED alot like LSs: http://cdn.autoshowtime.com/images/...ord-fusion-v6-se_2006-ford-fusion-rear_01.jpg

i was talking about looks alone.. kind of like how pre93 camaros/firebirds 'kinda' look like corvettes... or a elcamino and whatever that ford equivalent, ranchero or whatever, 'sorta' looked alike...

the pt was that the general look of the ls was copied and mass produced into a generic and highly distributed and unrespected sedan... kinda how one of those 92s tbirds halfway looks like a 92 taurus or a 92 tempo...

Sorry, I was bored. I figured he might be an orphan from the MKZ section.

hey man i wasnt arguing with you or being a jerk, no matter what bert and ernie want to accuse me of or try to get you to think

dude, just give up

you cant argue with stupidity, hes just going to drag you down to his level of intelligence and then beat you with experience...

amen.
the only one 'arguing' is....<looks around>... you.
dont you and bert have some senior citizens to pick on?

I think me and my pops would get along with you jerry. My dad just bought a retrobird last week, Black on black, pristine 40K. He also owns a 65 T-bird that he keeps stored, along with an 87 XJS LS1 conversion. We have been Ford and Jag fans together since I could roll underneath the XJ6 he brought me home in from the hospital. I have owned an LS for 3 years in December, and while you are right that the LS doesn't get a thumbs up, the retrobird gets all kinds of attention. I pretty much have to try not to drool when I look at the retrobird, and that's even when they are sitting by the other two, just can't get enough of a convertible (brings back the good ole days of my Bronze Yellow MGB I drove in highschool, just way more refined)

What really got me interested in your post is I have a 64 Galaxie 500XL that I is a long lost project from about 10 years back (the MG took precedence when my pops decided the 390 Hi-Po wasn't the car for a 16 Year old) and I'm looking to complete my restoration. What kind of galaxie do you have?

This is a very common occurrence here in Central Florida.
uploadfromtaptalk1440504122574.jpguploadfromtaptalk1440504161435.jpguploadfromtaptalk1440504215959.jpg

You should have seen the chick driving this one. She was about 50, very nice tan, mini sun dress with stepped sandals and short curly blonde hair. She had those fitness center muscles and she kind of bit her lip after she smiled. Oh and, NO VISIBLE TATOOS! I could go on but, you guys would run out of paper towels. I love the Sun Coast!

uploadfromtaptalk1440504122574.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1440504161435.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1440504215959.jpg

I think me and my pops would get along with you jerry. My dad just bought a retrobird last week, Black on black, pristine 40K. He also owns a 65 T-bird that he keeps stored, along with an 87 XJS LS1 conversion. We have been Ford and Jag fans together since I could roll underneath the XJ6 he brought me home in from the hospital. I have owned an LS for 3 years in December, and while you are right that the LS doesn't get a thumbs up, the retrobird gets all kinds of attention. I pretty much have to try not to drool when I look at the retrobird, and that's even when they are sitting by the other two, just can't get enough of a convertible (brings back the good ole days of my Bronze Yellow MGB I drove in highschool, just way more refined)

What really got me interested in your post is I have a 64 Galaxie 500XL that I is a long lost project from about 10 years back (the MG took precedence when my pops decided the 390 Hi-Po wasn't the car for a 16 Year old) and I'm looking to complete my restoration. What kind of galaxie do you have?

This link will give you all my Galaxie info with pics.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?90031-my-1964-Galaxie-convert

hoping no one takes my idea... but would one of you be able to see if the tbird seats would bolt into the LS... I like the "edge-er" look to them!

hoping no one takes my idea... but would one of you be able to see if the tbird seats would bolt into the LS... I like the "edge-er" look to them!

I've already thought of that! I guess someone would have to take measurements. I would love to have seats like my old 88 Mustang GT just for the Knee Bolsters. Those are awesome on long trips!

Members online

No members online now.
Back