Be honest. Is the lincoln ls scene pretty much dead?

Ive found a few LS1s for less than a third of that, too bad I want at least a 6.0 if I'm going to get a bow tie...

haven't seen a coyote anywhere near that yet or I probably would have bought it!

Truck....

Ive found a few LS1s for less than a third of that, too bad I want at least a 6.0 if I'm going to get a bow tie...

haven't seen a coyote anywhere near that yet or I probably would have bought it!

Truck....

are you saying that you have found the truck version of a coyote for a grand? if so, that would probably be a screaming deal even with the lower compression and less aggressive cam profile...

or are you saying you have seen a truck version of a " LS" 6.0 (L96) for a grand, those can be found fairly cheap all the time, but unless you plan of going heavy with the boost, I wouldn't want the extra weight of the trucks iron block... not a L76 could probably work, but its a lot newer and not in as many different vehicles and would be harder to find that cheap.

I live in Orlando FL and I see LS's all the time. One thing I do see is older black dudes driving really well kept ones. 250,000 is a good run for a 6 year production car, so there are probably a good 50k left on the road. I love my black LS. I got an awesome sound out of the Bassini exhast, a great chip with a tune and a v-8 that spins quick up to 6k. I've suprised more than one car at stoplights and the 2nd gear kickdown is awesome. My stupid HCV/DCC valve just went so I got that to do , but with 140k on the clock, it's been a great car

are you saying that you have found the truck version of a coyote for a grand? if so, that would probably be a screaming deal even with the lower compression and less aggressive cam profile...

or are you saying you have seen a truck version of a " LS" 6.0 (L96) for a grand, those can be found fairly cheap all the time, but unless you plan of going heavy with the boost, I wouldn't want the extra weight of the trucks iron block... not a L76 could probably work, but its a lot newer and not in as many different vehicles and would be harder to find that cheap.

I see 5.0 low mile truck engines go for under 3k....low I mean like new. I have heard of deals better then that on engines with slight damage.
I just wouldn't go near the ls... but that's me :cool:

250,000 is a good run for a 6 year production car

no its really not... in 2002 ford sold (in just the US) 243k+ Focus all in just one year...

in any of the years the LS was sold, ford sold more mustangs in any two of those years than the LS did in all six years... (in just the US)

between 02 and 06, toyota sold any where between 430k and 470k camerys each year (in just the US). thats almost twice as many cars in one year vs every LS ever built over 6 years...

250k cars over two generations and 6 years is a fairly low amount produced plain and simple. if it had a good production run and a lot of them were being sold, then they would have kept it around, and parts wouldn't be so hard to get for it...

Heh "pretty much dead" car scenes always change, tell that to my 1990 400hp thunderbird sc. Shes now looked at like the fat girl on prom night. My 71 maverick which I'm almost done restoring is burning hot now, getting lots of attention. The old maverick is the poor mans old classic mustang now. I've seen early mavericks getting more money than same shape classic 65-68 mustangs! That's cats wearing pajamas insane!

I just wouldn't go near the ls... but that's me :cool:

I don't blame you, if you're used to Ford power. Might work your way into LS power though. Start with a 2.8L Iron Duke and once you can handle double the power you're used to you can move to the 3.8. In about 3 years, 2 if you're a quick study, you can move to a 4.8L LS-based engine. WOOO!! :p

Compared to my LS I was impressed. Nothing wrong with that though. If we all liked the same things we'd all be driving black Ford Model A's. I don't actually have anything against the LS, it's just not the car for me. I fully respect that others do like their LS's . I wish I liked mine, but it's just not to be.

That's why I'd only take it with an SXT with the plus package. Leather seats, front and rear are heated and heated steering wheel. I don't like their cloth seats.

Just took it on a 200ish mile drive. This thing floats like an 80's Buick!! You can really feel its mass. Then there's the uncomfortable driver's seat. It was OK for about a half hour then it just wasn't comfortable at all!! MPG doesn't seem too stellar... The trunk is HUGE!!!!!

I wanted to like this car as the design really hits the mark! Then I read that FCA isn't doing well at all financially and I foresee another Chrysler bankruptcy. Sad, really......

I wonder if we've reached the point where most, not all, LS's are being sold off to buyers who just want transportation and couldn't care less about handling, Jag heritage, etc?

I love my LS. So many posts talking about the LS having a lack of power compared to this or that. Sure, there are only 5 speeds. But, really, once you're above 20 or 30 mph you only need 3-4-5 anyway. It seems people have forgotten about the handling prowess of the LS. Has there ever been a Charger that could out handle an LS? Oh, I forgot! Ladanian Tomlinson!

I don't even see the ads talking about the handling qualities of most of these new cars anymore. They've taken the joy and sport out of driving and replaced it with operating some navotainment system. The LS is very competent in the corners due to a chassis that, unlike the 3.9 litre engine, has not been made obsolete by newer technology.

To be honest, rather than drop $50K on a new machine, I would take $10K and refresh my LS.

To be honest, rather than drop $50K on a new machine, I would take $10K and refresh my LS.

Were the parts only available......

They will be harder and harder to acquire as time passes...

With $10K, you can have universal parts made to fit if need be.

at this point, for me at least, dropping $10k into this car would be crazy talk.

and spending $10k to have one off parts made that would normally cost 10% of that would also be crazy talk...

With $10K, you can have universal parts made to fit if need be.

How many of those $10K parts can one absorb? You also have to get someone to make those parts. How long will it take? Stance is the only really acceptable replacement shock; but the cost is prohibitive for the value of the car. The (only other option) Monroe's are just junk. What about the interior trim pieces? I venture to say NO ONE will make a replacement visor clip (last I checked NONE were available for the 2nd gen), or door panel, or inside door release, or headlight, or taillight, or coolant parts, etc.

There is a point where one just needs to cut bait. I wasn't too thrilled about selling my LS but the writing was on the wall. Reinforced by the need to find a couple of doors for my wife's LS.

No more orphan (or potential orphan, i.e. Chrysler) cars for me!!

no worries, just buy one of the newer jags that replaced the s-type when youre ready to upgrade if you like these cars so much... they werent too pricey for used ones last i checked.... same sht just w/jag badge instead of lincoln badge

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar_XF

My fleet consist of a 93 Ford F150, a 95 Mustang GT, a 72 IH Scout, and this 2000 Lincoln LS V8. LS activity is pretty dead, they haven't made Scouts in 35 years and there are still companies that stamp sheet metal for them. The mustang is probably the most active community and the F150 is no slouch either. I'm sad to say I own the LS as my 'winter' car so in a couple years when it starts to rust, I will probably send it down the road. I do like the car though, more comfortable and every bit as quick as my stock 95 gt. I have an eye on a 2004 S-Type out west, maybe that will be my LS replacement but I need to get another winter out of this one and need to find someone to press in my new Moog greasable balljoints :).

I wouldn't call that a FLEET but rather a STABLE

<shrugs>

at this point, for me at least, dropping $10k into this car would be crazy talk.

and spending $10k to have one off parts made that would normally cost 10% of that would also be crazy talk...
Well, I guess you don't get it. That money would go to buy new OEM style parts which are still available and nice upgrades like the cool adjustable coilovers, upholstery refreshing and the like. Hell, people act like parts can't be had. Somewhere there are parts for Edsels available.

I see lots of LS's down here in Atlanta area, all rust free, in all conditions, some bad, some pristine. I'm still drivin my 01V6 daily, in 5 years it will be antique!

I see lots of LS's down here in Atlanta area, all rust free, in all conditions, some bad, some pristine. I'm still drivin my 01V6 daily, in 5 years it will be antique!

They may be rust free or they just look rust free. In Atlanta they probably are rust free. My northeast snow driven LS looks rust free but if you crawl under it you'll see its anything but rust free. Its 185,000 miles are carried well but 16 years of salt have done a job on the under carriage.

I think my "sport package" handles better than my 04 SVT Cobra

More than likely, it does. I wonder if the LS might be the best handling Ford product (American) other than the GT. Stock of course.

I don't know that the scene is dead. If you look at the list of posts the majority are LS. I don't know that two other headings added make for more than the LS count.

Members online

No members online now.
Back