Waiting Room

I'll reserve final judgement for after it's painted. Right now it looks like the car is on one of those tire shop lifts that look like drive-on ramps but pick the car up by the frame. Would need to see some decent side shots of it as well. From what I see of it now though, it's going to be a mud catcher in that channel.

Just glad I'm not alone in my summation of this caca. All the facebookers were on the side lines stroking the hardons for this mess.

I noticed a Lincoln popup tent near my office today, they had a few new cars lined up and were doing test drives, so I walked over to check it out.

The rep asked what I drive currently, I said "Lincoln LS". She replied "What's that? Do you mean Lexus LS?" :( :( :(

I got rear ended today. In traffic. After we both came to a stop. It was my Taurus, not LS. I almost wish I took the LS today. More than likely, the different driving styles between the cars would have placed me at a different place in the world and avoided the accident entirely.

What does this dipsiht say when we got out to look? "I got tired"

TIRED OF WHAT?? Tired of holding the brake? Tired of driving? Tired of being in traffic? Tired of being a competent human being?

The bumper held it's shape and the only damage is his license plate frame stamped my bumper and maybe some extra flaking. There's already damaged paint and scratches from being an 18 year old daily driver, so nothing worth the headache of reporting it. Turns out NY is also a no-fault state, meaning (as I understand it) nothing would go against the driver anyway being such a small claim. I drove off because I was pissed off, stuck in major traffic already, and Long Island being, well, Long Island.

Maybe I should have strongarmed him into a cash settlement while threatening to get the police involved? I don't know, it's over. No info exchange. His kid was in the car which made me not want to tear into him.

We were already STOPPED. And then he hit me.

I got rear ended today. In traffic. After we both came to a stop. It was my Taurus, not LS. I almost wish I took the LS today. More than likely, the different driving styles between the cars would have placed me at a different place in the world and avoided the accident entirely.

What does this dipsiht say when we got out to look? "I got tired"

TIRED OF WHAT?? Tired of holding the brake? Tired of driving? Tired of being in traffic? Tired of being a competent human being?

The bumper held it's shape and the only damage is his license plate frame stamped my bumper and maybe some extra flaking. There's already damaged paint and scratches from being an 18 year old daily driver, so nothing worth the headache of reporting it. Turns out NY is also a no-fault state, meaning (as I understand it) nothing would go against the driver anyway being such a small claim. I drove off because I was pissed off, stuck in major traffic already, and Long Island being, well, Long Island.

Maybe I should have strongarmed him into a cash settlement while threatening to get the police involved? I don't know, it's over. No info exchange. His kid was in the car which made me not want to tear into him.

We were already STOPPED. And then he hit me.

You ALWAYS get a police report. And a no fault state means that when someone rear ends you, they are liable to you for ALL damages they create.

My fiancé did the same sh!t. Gets hit head on. "Oh, it's ok. We will just get another car." And let's the dumb b!tch go cause they said they didn't have insurance. Uh yeah, we could have gotten 2 new cars had you called the police and had a report made. WTF?

I guarantee she had insurance but didn't want the rates to go up. Makes me so mad still and that was in sept last year. Oh well. I wouldn't have the LS had there been a police report.

And a no fault state means that when someone rear ends you, they are liable to you for ALL damages they create.

not at all man... trust me from living my whole life in a no fault state.

it doesn't matter whose fault it is at all (other than who is getting a ticket)

for example:
you are driving down the road and you smash into a brand new car (that is not parked) because you were texting and not paying attention...
luckily for him, regardless of what insurance you have, since he has a brand new car, he (should by the law and his lender) have full coverage, he pays a deductible and HIS insurance company pays to fix/(almost) replace his car.

another example:
you are stopped at a red light, then the car behind you smashes into you and they are sh!t faced drunk in their brand new car with insurance...

there are two possible outcomes... you either have the proper insurance and you pay a deductible and YOUR insurance pays to fix/(almost) replace your car
or
you have very basic/state minimum insurance, you then have to pay 100% to fix your car no matter how much it cost regardless of whos to blame.

thats why its no fault, the insurance company doesn't care whos at fault, because it doesn't matter*.

the one exception to this is, if they are at fault, then you can file a mini tort claim and their insurance will pay your deductible.

also, I have been or people I'm with have been rear ended a few times over the years. there has been times with little to no damage (having a trailer hitch on my Mark helped a lot) but as soon as somebody tells me that they don't have insurance, I am 100% calling the cops, that sh!t pisses me off more than anything... fukc yeah its expensive, but damn near everybody else has it... if you can't afford insurance, then you really shouldn't be driving anywhere. going to court and getting your license taken away is exactly what we all need, to be safe from your deadly ass...

WONDERFUL!!!

Just found out my next haul is a trailer load full of TAMPONS, heading into PA.
smiley-score001.gif

Can't wait to explain this to the Customs officials when I cross in.

<must keep straight face>

~ gone Truckin'

not at all man... trust me from living my whole life in a no fault state.

it doesn't matter whose fault it is at all (other than who is getting a ticket)

for example:
you are driving down the road and you smash into a brand new car (that is not parked) because you were texting and not paying attention...
luckily for him, regardless of what insurance you have, since he has a brand new car, he (should by the law and his lender) have full coverage, he pays a deductible and HIS insurance company pays to fix/(almost) replace his car.

another example:
you are stopped at a red light, then the car behind you smashes into you and they are sh!t faced drunk in their brand new car with insurance...

there are two possible outcomes... you either have the proper insurance and you pay a deductible and YOUR insurance pays to fix/(almost) replace your car
or
you have very basic/state minimum insurance, you then have to pay 100% to fix your car no matter how much it cost regardless of whos to blame.

thats why its no fault, the insurance company doesn't care whos at fault, because it doesn't matter*.

the one exception to this is, if they are at fault, then you can file a mini tort claim and their insurance will pay your deductible.

Actually yes. No fault refers to the medical side of the accident. I have also lived in a no fault state my whole life, FL. I also used to work for Progressive insurance.

No fault is also used, within the industry, to mean that the driver that is innocent in the accident is of no fault to the cause of the accident. In FL specifically. The at fault driver is responsible for any damage they do to property and by way of being able to be sued for any medical above what the injured, not at fault party, has sustained and the injured's own coverage has not covered. Hence the PIP portion of the policy.

Now if someone without insurance or not enough insurance is at fault in the accident, you would use your own insurance, comp and collision, to augment or fully cover your property damages.

The at fault driver is responsible for any damage they do to property and by way of being able to be sued for any medical above what the injured, not at fault party, has sustained and the injured's own coverage has not covered. Hence the PIP portion of the policy.

well then florida is totally different from michigan then, because that is not how progressive works for me.

I have been rear ended in my lincoln (not my fault) by someone with a brand new lexus with insurance, my insurance paid the bill...

I have been backed into the side of my cavalier (not my fault) by a woman driving a brand new prius, but since i didn't have full coverage, my insurance company told me, sorry we don't pay for that... and in this state you're out of luck for them paying for it... so you're on your own...

right from the mich.gov website
http://www.michigan.gov/documents/cis_ofis_noflt_gd_25094_7.pdf

"A Michigan no-fault policy provides unlimited medical
and rehabilitation benefits. It provides wage loss
benefits for up to three years, and $20 per day for
replacement services if you are injured in an auto
accident, regardless of fault. In exchange for these
benefits, Michigan motorists gave up the right to
sue in auto accidents except when someone is killed
or very seriously injured. Because of this, disputes
over who was at-fault in an accident will not hold
up payment of medical bills. Michigan is unique in
that damage to vehicles also falls under the no-fault
system
. This, too, saves time and money in claims
payment. Michigan drivers must buy collision and/
or comprehensive insurance to cover damage to
their own car
. "

The at fault driver is responsible for any damage they do to property and by way of being able to be sued for any medical above what the injured, not at fault party, has sustained and the injured's own coverage has not covered. Hence the PIP portion of the policy.

here, your PIP portion of the policy covers all of your necessary medical cost, but PIP has no effect on payment of property.

also here, cars are only considered "property" if they are properly parked, so the property protection (PPI) will not cover a car being operated on the road...

in the end, fronk doesnt live in either of our states so I guess he will have to look into his own states policies to know what he can or cant get covered.

well then florida is totally different from michigan then, because that is not how progressive works for me.

I have been rear ended in my lincoln (not my fault) by someone with a brand new lexus with insurance, my insurance paid the bill...

I have been backed into the side of my cavalier (not my fault) by a woman driving a brand new prius, but since i didn't have full coverage, my insurance company told me, sorry we don't pay for that... and in this state you're out of luck for them paying for it... so you're on your own...

right from the mich.gov website

"A Michigan no-fault policy provides unlimited medical
and rehabilitation benefits. It provides wage loss
benefits for up to three years, and $20 per day for
replacement services if you are injured in an auto
accident, regardless of fault. In exchange for these
benefits, Michigan motorists gave up the right to
sue in auto accidents except when someone is killed
or very seriously injured. Because of this, disputes
over who was at-fault in an accident will not hold
up payment of medical bills. Michigan is unique in
that damage to vehicles also falls under the no-fault
system
. This, too, saves time and money in claims
payment. Michigan drivers must buy collision and/
or comprehensive insurance to cover damage to
their own car
. "

here, your PIP portion of the policy covers all of your necessary medical cost, but PIP has no effect on payment of property.

also here, cars are only considered "property" if they are properly parked, so the property protection (PPI) will not cover a car being operated on the road...

in the end, fronk doesnt live in either of our states so I guess he will have to look into his own states policies to know what he can or cant get covered.

Yes, Insurance law varies by state.

Yes, No Fault is a term defined as a medical insurance term.

Whoever is sighted with the accident, their insurance pays for the physical damages they cause, in FL.

If you were made to use your own insurance to cover the cost of repairs to your own vehicle, then there must have been something else at work there. If you are talking about your medical bills, then yes, you would pay your deductibles for that and your insurance would pay for your medical.

My original comment, using an incorrect term for a descriptor, was meant about the damage caused. My mistake.

I'm still mildly confused, but way ahead of where I was 3 days ago. To complicate things about looking up my own state, I'm an NJ resident and the accident was in NY with an NY-plated car

Anyway, I might take this as a learning experience to practice painting bumpers. My LS shows heavy signs of city life and cheap repaints. The front bumper is dull and showing white. The rear is peeling like a laquered sunburn. If I can't do it nicely on the Taurus (plain white, no gloss left on the bumpers), I guess I'll have to save up for a shop :(

If you were made to use your own insurance to cover the cost of repairs to your own vehicle, then there must have been something else at work there.

no this is how it works here. stupid, but how it is...

in michigan, you are required to pay for any and all damaged to your own car regardless of who is at fault, the one exception to this is that if your car is properly and legally parked when it was damaged, they it is considered property and then and only then, is the person hitting it responsible for repair.

"Basic No-Fault Does Not Pay For:
Repairs to your vehicle after an accident, no
matter whose fault it was.
Repairs to another person’s vehicle after an
accident, no matter whose fault it was
, unless the
vehicle was properly parked."

- Off Topic -

Thumbs up for those that could rock this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fptue_EaMjw

~ just cleaning up my MP3's today, stuffing my USB stick with more Rock as apposed to Hop.

I've got all of AC/DC, can't live without it! ....ANGUS ....ANGUS ....ANGUS ....ANGUS (Duck Walk)

"Basic No-Fault Does Not Pay For:
Repairs to your vehicle after an accident, no
matter whose fault it was.
Repairs to another person’s vehicle after an
accident, no matter whose fault it was
, unless the
vehicle was properly parked."

That is bloody sh!t hole of the insurance regulations in MI. Glad I don't live there. Your vehicle is considered your property in FL because you own it. No matter where it sits. Now, you will be in for a bumpy ride with an insurance claim if you are doing something illegal while driving or parking. But otherwise, whoever caused or is a fault in the accident, their insurance pays. Fvck that Michigan mess. LOL.

That is bloody sh!t hole of the insurance regulations in MI... Fvck that Michigan mess. LOL.

yeah, pretty much how everybody feels...

I guess the insurance companies and Lansing (capital/congress) are working on bringing something to a vote right now to either get rid of no-fault altogether or at least get rid of the lifetime/unlimited medical coverage that is driving up our premiums so much higher than every other states around us...

it will be nice if we ever get to the point where our monthly insurance bill isn't just as high as the car payment... (maybe a slight exaggeration....... (for some people))

Members online

Back