Waiting Room

I wish we still had that kind of market here (though its dying there too). I'd love a G8/Commodore (not digging the SS yet though) or a Falcon Boss 335

We do... The EPA and insurance companies keep those cars at bay....

or a Falcon Boss 335

Thos are nice!

A couple aussie classics and then I'll stop. :p

'73 Falcon XB GT (We should know that one) and a Manaro HJ

Vehicle_1187_0.jpg

xb_falcon1.jpg

"We should know what one" Is it the Mad Max model? 73 XB GT sounds right, but that car looks off. Could just be the lack of Mad Max trim. Actually, I can see it as a yellow/red/blue police car. Was there a fastback version or something?

Anyone else excited for MadMax: Fury Road?

Just saw the end of the post where you mentioned the Monaro. I suppose that would be why thebyellow car doesn't quite resemble the Falcon

I would buy a G8 in a heartbeat if there was a manual trans option with the 6.0... as hard as I tried with my 2nd LS, I just cant enjoy and live with an auto box with flappy shifters.

the damn 6.2's are still way too pricy for me and way too rare to even find for sale around here let alone at a decent price...

I would buy a G8 in a heartbeat if there was a manual trans option with the 6.0... as hard as I tried with my 2nd LS, I just cant enjoy and live with an auto box with flappy shifters.

the damn 6.2's are still way too pricy for me and way too rare to even find for sale around here let alone at a decent price...

And unfortunately you'll still have to deal with orphan car status....... One of the reasons I decided it wasn't feasible to keep 2 LSes well maintained. My replacement requirements left me with only BMW, MB and Hyundai. Not going new narrowed it down to only 2.

one big difference, its a chevy...

beautiful thing about their Lego land drive train mentality

Tell me something, are there no laws against cell phone use while driving here in SC AND NC ?

really took notice of it today, every second car someone with a cell to their ear. Was sitting still at an intersection, watching the advance green turning folks come through, car after car with cell phone usage while driving.

Was cooking along on the interstate, red little VW bug comes from the on ramp right into my lane without speeding up or even a shoulder check, just right out in front of 79k lbs which I was working on slowing down because I could not yield into the hammer lane as it would have made the news due to a slew of cars in that lane.

I get up along side of little red lady bug and sure as sh*t, she on the phone yapping away, completely unaware she hastily pulled out in front of moving traffic.

I don't have to move over, it's only common curtousy whenever possible, it's a merge lane, cell phone or not, one is required to get up to speed and safely merge in with moving traffic as they join the road way. We tend to move over as much as possible whenever possible, give others some room and to not get involved with something that could lead to dangerous consequences. It's not always possible despite we have to get up and stand on the binders from time to time.

... mostly when dealing with motorist that are on the phone.

SC and NC really surprised me today! Everyone on the cell phone while driving and not shy about it at all.

CRAZY!

props to a VA trooper whom had three cars pulled over at once. Impressive!

I varies by state, there are laws where I work but they have their own issues. Texting and driving has it's own law because it's easily the most dangerous type of phone usage. As the law is written it allows exceptions for dialing on your phone to innate the hand free call. Surprise surprise, it is almost guaranteed that the offender will contest the ticket and show up in court and say they were simply dialing.

Now chatting away on your phone is easily observable and ticketable and I do so often. It's a less serious fine of $100 max and no court costs but increases substantially with repeat offense as well as assigned license points.

I don't know what it is about these laws but it turns people into down right lying slimeballs when you stop them for it. They feverishly contest that they would never use their phone and drive and get very angry. Then you have to explain them that you could clearly see the purple cell phone with the sparkling gemstones affixed to it stuck against their face before they actually make any effort to accept responsibility.

I am, have always liked the movies with thunder dome being meh. I just hope it doesn't end up being a cheese ball. Probably won't have the gritty feeling the first two had.

I don't know, the trailer looks pretty gritty. A lot of people getting directly hit. But trailers have been known to be inaccurate, so we'll see. The characters remind of those from the Borderlands video game series (which was inspired by Mad Max anyway, so I guess it's not that surprising). It may just be a more shocking update of the original characters to standards acceptable 30 years later.

I'm excited for Fast and Furious 7, too. They took their cheesy stupid car movie franchise and turned it into a cheesy stupid car fantasy movie franchise.

Tell me something, are there no laws against cell phone use while driving here in SC AND NC ?

really took notice of it today, every second car someone with a cell to their ear. Was sitting still at an intersection, watching the advance green turning folks come through, car after car with cell phone usage while driving.

Was cooking along on the interstate, red little VW bug comes from the on ramp right into my lane without speeding up or even a shoulder check, just right out in front of 79k lbs which I was working on slowing down because I could not yield into the hammer lane as it would have made the news due to a slew of cars in that lane.

I get up along side of little red lady bug and sure as sh*t, she on the phone yapping away, completely unaware she hastily pulled out in front of moving traffic.

I don't have to move over, it's only common curtousy whenever possible, it's a merge lane, cell phone or not, one is required to get up to speed and safely merge in with moving traffic as they join the road way. We tend to move over as much as possible whenever possible, give others some room and to not get involved with something that could lead to dangerous consequences. It's not always possible despite we have to get up and stand on the binders from time to time.

... mostly when dealing with motorist that are on the phone.

SC and NC really surprised me today! Everyone on the cell phone while driving and not shy about it at all.

CRAZY!

props to a VA trooper whom had three cars pulled over at once. Impressive!

In The People's Republik of California texting and not using a "hands-free" device is illegal. It cracks me up seeing people holding the phone a few inches from their face thinking they're hands-free!!

Also in The People's Republik right lane traffic must let the merging traffic merge. It is the through traffic's responsibility to make room. I've almost been driven into the weeds more than a few times by people trying to use the right lane as a passing lane or oblivious to the fact that I'm running out of asphalt!! Trust me, I'm usually much faster than the traffic flow......

Telco, that's an awful story but reality is it happens quickly when one looses attention to what they should be doing.

Chris, yeah I hear ya, myself I might be a bit guilty as well but have always used an ear piece. As of late I have a Garmin Dezl truck-specific (770) which has voice command, and via blue tooth dials or answers calls for me.
Actually pretty handy device, two separate Bluetooth connections at the same time, I got my S3 going to the Garmin and from the Garmin my Jabra ear piece. Voice command to the Garmin allows me to make and/or answer calls without taking my eyes off the road.

Nonetheless, it's still a major distraction, it just really surprised me on my last trip how blatantly they drive around with a cell to their ear. Where I'm from it's not something you get away with easily.

LS4, not sure what to tell ya, it's a merge lane, the responsibilities fall upon the person joining the roadway to do the merging around here.
It troubles me when I see old people sitting still (stopped) in a merge lane with their head turned back, trying to fit into 65+ mph freeway traffic, to me that means they didn't do it right and are considered terrible drivers just an accident waiting to happen.

Anyhow, nothing special, happens everyday all over the world, people will continue to cut in front of others, not yield to pedestrians, run over cyclists and cause casualties due to distracted driving. Throw in a bit of road rage, some alcohol, drugs and were in great shape!

On this past trip throughout VA, NS and SC back to CDN.... one over turned flat bed coming off a ramp too hot, debris all over in the middle of an intersection and one complete "disappeared over the edge, into the bushes off the highway" tractor trailer. (poor guy may not have made it, lots of solid trees down in there)

Me? got landed out of hours in a shady truck stop with very little lighting, so little I couldn't tell the sex of the lot lizard that was making the rounds.
Oh and a punk ass border patrol that told me to put my pen away and stop writing, excuse me? I said, STOP WRITING, let's get you cleared first, you can write later.

him I simply LOL'ed ... and NO there is no one else in the Fn truck, I do not have more then ten thousand on me and dammit the only weapons I have on me are these two!

... I'm excited for Fast and Furious 7...

I went and saw #6 by myself(happens) in theaters,
midway through, I literately started to nod off and by the end of the movie, I simply just wanted my Fn money back.

I had such high hopes for it to! Will most likely see #7 as buddy crashed and passed. Tribute kinda thing

dont be pissed for long - we just broke the input shaft at the 1/2 mile mark after turning it up
on da boost. swapping out trannies now.

trans went back in, and did a 255 pull to test things out. will be a full pull on 40lbs boost in the morning
pending low wind. fought a head wind all day long, so that was a small hindrance.

ended up with a 270.5mph pass this morning. chute didnt open, so the driver had to downshift
to get the car slowed down and blew out the 3rd gear syncro.

car made great progress over the wknd, so will be back in 6 months to up our world record from
278 :)

Members online

Back