Waiting Room

speaking of struts. i need to get an extra set of coil packs for the ls.

got p0303 A P0303 code means that the the car's computer has detected that one of the engine's cylinders is not firing properly. In this case it's cylinder #3. Symptoms Symptoms may include: the engine may be harder to start the engine may stumble / stumble, and/or hesitate other symptoms may also be present Causes A code P0303 may mean that one or more of the following has happened: Faulty spark plug or wire Faulty coil (pack) Faulty oxygen sensor(s) Faulty fuel injector Burned exhaust valve Faulty catalytic converter(s) Running out of fuel Poor compression Defective computer

Read more at: http://www.obd-codes.com/p0303
Copyright © OBD-Codes.com

What do?

i meant this ls ;)

20140112_163835_zps7d646c3d.jpg

You really don't like plastidip I'm finding. LOL

I find there is a good mix of people on FB. I enjoy some of the back and forth with some of the members. It's also nice helping out someone else with the bit of knowledge that I have gained because of the people here on LVC. Plus.....who doesn't like a good ole strut vs. coil over shock FB brawl every once in awhile. :F

I have no problem with plastidip itself. I've used it before myself. It's all those kids who on a daily basis post questions like "Anybody ever plastidipped their wheels black before?" or how everybody and their mother now goes to Home Depot and comes back with black wheels. Some originality in color choice or dipping a whole car would be nice to see every once in awhile

I have no problem with plastidip itself. I've used it before myself. It's all those kids who on a daily basis post questions like "Anybody ever plastidipped their wheels black before?" or how everybody and their mother now goes to Home Depot and comes back with black wheels. Some originality in color choice or dipping a whole car would be nice to see every once in awhile

Yeah. I agree. I'll be doing up my wheels. But I was thinking of going with vinyl instead. Haven't made up my mind yet on whether to do red or black. Everything else will be completely blacked out........so.......I dunno yet.

I'm about to go outside and replace my drivers side cowl and R&R the grille. I went and bought a nylon bolt to replace the one that snapped on the Mclaren.

Good new everyone! I just came back from an actual waiting room at the eye doctor. One of my eyes has recently had reduced distance performance. I also have trouble with Blue and [actually emitted] purple, particularly LEDs, likely due to the relatively high UV component. This was my first legitimate eye test. My left eye is stronger than my right, and my right has more trouble with blues at night. Apparently, my right eye has been diminished to 20/12.5 from a likely 20/10. Apparently my slightly less awesomeness really threw me off, making me worried I needed glasses... Doc had no info on the blue, but he's interested. He also gave me a set of dual-polarized glasses and a chart with the two different polarizations. The idea is one eye can only see the top line, the other can only see the bottom. I still saw both. It was supposed to be a 95% light-block and I could still read the letters better than I should have been able to. Seems like I can see some UV haha

My favorite 'dip job is when they paint the grille chrome (tiara) flat black............... on like a beige or green car. It just looks awful. It looks like a dog snout.

AH ok guys! I just noticed on a couple a posts that someone would respond with "needs COPS" etc. and figured something was said I missed! :lol:

Just got back last night, late Monday to late Sunday night, 1 day lay-over out west of Canada waiting on live load, 1 evening snow storm along Lake Superior, 3439 miles later .... lay-over and switch fees + additional 2.5hr on-site waiting time.

Glad I left the cubicle world of corporate years ago ~ you to can get a CDL, paid tourism. :cool:

PROS: not pestering everyone on LVC everyday!
CONS: not home every night.

EDIT - - - - Wait! let me switch these two around.

PROS: not home every night. (w/ wife)
CONS: not pestering everyone on LVC everyday!

We went to Phoenix to retrieve our daughter for Spring Break. I set the cruise on 79 in CA for the 70 limit and 84 in AZ for the 75 limit. We drove about 5% city and had a couple of forays into triple digits. I couldn't believe the mileage I got.... Just a shade over 29 mpg!! WOW!!! We got home, 378ish miles later with between a quarter and third of a tank left; and 200 miles left 'till empty!! Never could have done this in the LS. We could get to Phoenix; did it once; but would get there almost on fumes.

Yeah, you found me. I am really quite shocked I got that many recommends and led the LS to the #1 spot. I mean, I like my LS and all, but I could/would probably buy some of the Benz/BMW's on that list if I was simply looking for "best". Hell, I've spent many a late nights searching ebay/CL/etc looking at crazy deals on old badass Benz's and thinking that would be fun. Also interesting is some of the response comments to the LS being #1. I know it's not a beacon of reliability talked about throughout the land but some people on there really have a poor reputation for these things, trumping even some of the more brutal reliability/repair stories on this forum.

The LS remains, a very underrated car and I am okay with that.

Glad I'm not the only one on jalopnik/oppo.

Yeah, I find it a decent auto enthusiast group considering the sheer number of members. I love reading Doug's articles about crushing PT cruisers and trolling carmax with Range Rover warranties.

But Chris, why did you call them "coil packs" and say the Gen2 only had V8s? :(

I responded and upvoted your post when you nominated it, but it was already in the top spot. I've grown to love this car. It hasn't failed me yet contrary to all the claims it would do it almost instantly, and I'm really close to having the car 100% complete. People that ride in it love it and I am constantly asked if I'll sell it...

The negativity mostly came out in the later thread. There are definitely people that dislike the LS, but clearly this group wouldn't exist if there weren't people that were fans of them. It's the nicest and most helpful owner community I've encountered for any model of car, too...

I started going to Jalop and Oppo after finding the people on TTAC way too anal and stuffy. They're all like car salespeople that lack a sense of humor about their interests (probably because many actually work in the industry, unlike Jalop, where it is mostly people that just like to have fun with them). Mind you, the silliness and obsessions with extremely weird cars gets old. You can't realistically DD a really old car or something ludicrously obscure (after all, where do you get parts?). Still, I find out about a lot of very interesting things there. I also get a sense that the members of the community skew younger. We millennials like to have unique things about as much as we like certain items we depend on to be very common.

Don't think those MBs are any more reliable than an old LS with similar miles. The only truly reliable ones I've encountered were ancient diesels. The newer ones are kind of scary to drive because as much as the LS has a million motorized things, they're worse and each one is far more expensive to replace. The BMWs on that list I wouldn't touch unless I lived in SoCal, had a handy junkyard that specialized in them, and at least one car that I could use to ferry repair parts, because that's the only way I was able to keep my dad's '70 VW T2 Transporter (affectionately nicknamed a "bus") running...

50/50 balance isn't 100% accurate either.

Article said:
...Almost perfect 50/50 weight balance....

Wiki said:
...With its available V8 power, rear wheel drive, and near 50/50 weight distribution,...

But Chris, why did you call them "coil packs" and say the Gen2 only had V8s? :(

Because the term is used interchangeably, I am not certain on the differences, and its what I've always called those things. Also, I thought the Gen II only had the V8's but apparently its just the 2006 model.

I believe that the V8 distribution is 53/47, and the V6 is 52/48.
The V6 was available from 2000 to 2005.
The manual was not available for the last year of the gen I (2000 and 2001 option only), if I understand correctly.

I believe that the V8 distribution is 53/47, and the V6 is 52/48.
The V6 was available from 2000 to 2005.
The manual was not available for the last year of the gen I (2000 and 2001 option only), if I understand correctly.

IIRC, it's actually 52/48 and 51/49. But, what's a percent amongst friends :) Also, '02 was the last year a manual was available.

IIRC, it's actually 52/48 and 51/49. But, what's a percent amongst friends :) Also, '02 was the last year a manual was available.

I've seen both figures reported. The difference may be gas tank full or empty. I thought I had seen somewhere that there were no 02 manuals.

Regardless, that article probably isn't going to convince anyone to actively search for a Lincoln, let alone an LS. If someone is looking for cheap luxury, they'll probably go for a bigger brand. If they're looking for 4 door sport, there are better options.

I wish we still had that kind of market here (though its dying there too). I'd love a G8/Commodore (not digging the SS yet though) or a Falcon Boss 335

Members online

No members online now.
Back