Waiting Room

I think it is a Malibu. The body line above the rear wheel is almost identical. Pretty much everything points to a Malibu except those taillights.

Maybe orange tape from previous accident or just the footage making it look different.

Hopefully this will be the last I'll bore you all with my enthusiasm for my new "chariot". Just got back from a trip to Yellowstone and did the math on MPG. Over the 2656 mile journey I averaged 32.6MPG!! That's with wonderful 80MPH limits in Idaho, Utah and Montana.

And for Big....
We saw a couple of billboards with the advisory (to the effect) that cutting in front of a truck can cut their life short!! I like it, but then again I've seen some truckers do some serious cutting-off of their own; including to me a couple of times (good thing I have excellent brakes!!!!). There's also my personal favorite; the 55mph truck trying to pass the other 55mph truck on a 2-lane freeway!!

" There's also my personal favorite; the 55mph truck trying to pass the other 55mph truck on a 2-lane freeway!! "

In a 70 mph zone going up a hill !! :)

What gets me about those turkeys is how the one who's faster passes the other almost when they reach the top of the hill, and it turns out the one he was passing was load limited and not speed limited and is able to coast a half mile an hour faster than the original passer. It's like following an accordion.

I give those trucks more benefit of the doubt than some other people on the road, though. I took a 3 hour ride down the parkway and hated just about everyone. It was later in the night, so there was no traffic. Just some sparse packs and lone cars. 4 times, though, I came up behind someone ranging from +3 to -5mph. On average, I was passing them, but they could not maintain speed. So I'd move to the left lane (3 lanes, other person in the middle), and pass them without changing cruise speed. I would not accelerate due to the increased police presence for the holiday weekend.

So what happens? All of the sudden, they have a frame of reference for their speed, and they would match mine. So now I'm in the left lane doing 8 over, they're in the middle just behind my blind spot, and other cars doing 10+ over are climbing up my as s like I'm the problem. I found out one of the cars was a leech, matching the speed of the fastest passer. Match the speed from behind in the least, not block from the quarter panel.

I also saw multiple oblivious left laners. The kind that let 6 cars bunch up behind them, trying to not pass the oblivious idiot on the wrong side. I've ridden shotgun for one of these people. He had an ambulance come up behind him with no idea it was there. With lights. And a siren. Fvcking tourists.

So what happens? All of the sudden, they have a frame of reference for their speed, and they would match mine. So now I'm in the left lane doing 8 over, they're in the middle just behind my blind spot, and other cars doing 10+ over are climbing up my as s like I'm the problem. I found out one of the cars was a leech, matching the speed of the fastest passer. Match the speed from behind in the least, not block from the quarter panel.

every time I drive from Michigan to either Alabama or Tennessee, it doesn't matter how much faster than them I'm going, I'll have the cruse control set, and I'll come up to somebody and pass them, then they speed up and will follow in my blind spot for miles before they fall back off and go back to their happy speed...

or even worse, I'll pass them somewhere from 5 to 10 mph faster than they are going, then five minutes later, they will come fling up and pass me way faster than I passed them, then within another five minutes, I'll come back up to passing them somewhere between 5 and 10 mph faster...

long story short, people just need to use their cruise control more often...

I always think "use cruise" followed by "cruise is just a band aid" in the same train of thought. Sure, my speed fluctuates without cruise control, but not that much. And if I'm their in their blind spot, I slow down for a moment. I don't even move over into blind spots or two carlengths behind it if I can help it. Maybe I just expect too much.

Casuals.

I always think "use cruise" followed by "cruise is just a band aid" in the same train of thought. Sure, my speed fluctuates without cruise control, but not that much. And if I'm their in their blind spot, I slow down for a moment. I don't even move over into blind spots or two car lengths behind it if I can help it. Maybe I just expect too much.

Casuals.

Obviously you've never driven out west. Miles and miles and hours and hours of the same speed. Cruise control is ESSENTIAL to keep from cramping or stiffening up.

I give those trucks more benefit of the doubt than some other people on the road, though. I took a 3 hour ride down the parkway and hated just about everyone. It was later in the night, so there was no traffic. Just some sparse packs and lone cars. 4 times, though, I came up behind someone ranging from +3 to -5mph. On average, I was passing them, but they could not maintain speed. So I'd move to the left lane (3 lanes, other person in the middle), and pass them without changing cruise speed. I would not accelerate due to the increased police presence for the holiday weekend.

I also saw multiple oblivious left laners. The kind that let 6 cars bunch up behind them, trying to not pass the oblivious idiot on the wrong side. I've ridden shotgun for one of these people. He had an ambulance come up behind him with no idea it was there. With lights. And a siren. Fvcking tourists.

Big Trucks aren't allowed on the parkways. Are you talking about the straight trucks?

Big Trucks aren't allowed on the parkways. Are you talking about the straight trucks?

The tractor trailers were past experiences, although they are actually allowed on this parkway (NJ Garden State Parkway) from Exit 0 to 105 (~105 miles). It's the only decent highway that services the Jersey shore.

Want to know how to deal with the leech? Speed up until you're about 2-3 tenths of a mile ahead, then put the brakes on just enough to put the lights on. If they're using you as a radar block, they'll slow down. Pay attention, when they start to catch back up light the brake lights up again. After 3-4 rounds of this most leeches will go the speed limit, convinced that you have a radar detector and that there may be a cop traveling ahead. Either that or you'll be so far ahead that they won't want to risk trying to catch up again. In any case, this knocks about 99 percent of them off your butt. I can't STAND people who try to use me as a cop shield. I don't mind using others as a cop shield, but I don't perform that duty for others.

Fn Turkey truck drivers huh Telco?
Don't mind ya sh!t at the store levels to sustain life though huh?
or when u build your new home, no worries the turkeys will bring your crap.

I'm not getting into it any further, pardon us drivers in your way, as long as u got what u need.

Talk to ur official whom decided that trucks should run governed at 65 for safety reasons.

Two trucks passing one another is unavoidable, surely it could be done with more care and concern for traffic flow, trouble is they don't want to lose momentum so they begin to pass.

Whatever .... it humours me mostly.

Obviously you've never driven out west.

Well that is true. I'll take your word for it. The highways around here are quite featured

Want to know how to deal with the leech? Speed up until you're about 2-3 tenths of a mile ahead, then put the brakes on just enough to put the lights on. If they're using you as a radar block, they'll slow down. ...

I like this.

Fn Turkey truck drivers huh...

I didn't see anything in that last post about trucks, but maybe there's an old beef somewhere. Like you said, more care could be given to passing. Surely one could back off when they're coming up on 4 miles of racing

The problem is with the Driver's logs. The logs have put such tight restraints on timing and scheduling of what the driver can do but the trucks have not gotten any faster. I've driven slow trucks most of the time and that puts a lot of pressure on the driver to maintain the schedule. I've been in situations where I just didn't have the log time to complete the run. That forced me to request a re-power. Then, I'd be left sitting and waiting for another load. Things happen out on the road when you have to make up time and a slow truck just won't cut it. Just to be clear, I don't think trucks should be able to cruise more than 75mph on the flats.

Now, just to put it in perspective, I drove for the big chicken company Tyson Foods. We had 71mph trucks. I had to haul a load of pork out of Storm Lake, IA to somewhere near the Texas Mexico border. My log was really tight so, I had to do the run with only one sleep period to be on schedule. I also had to think about eating healthy, getting fuel, parking, and getting a free shower. I chose a Pilot in OKC as my stop. The only problem was it was 701 miles away and I could only drive 11 hours. I was running a laptop program called Drivers Daily Log and using DeLorme Street Atlas USA and PC Miler. I made it with 1 minute to spare and 43,000 lbs in the box non-stop! If I had been in a 65 mph truck, I would have had to re-power that load and would have missed out on the 1500 mile load to Deerfield Beach, FL the next day.

I'm not getting into it any further, pardon us drivers in your way, as long as u got what u need.

Talk to ur official whom decided that trucks should run governed at 65 for safety reasons.

Two trucks passing one another is unavoidable, surely it could be done with more care and concern for traffic flow, trouble is they don't want to lose momentum so they begin to pass.

This is foolish thinking, if it were not for the hundred cars around you driving to places that buy the products you haul, then you wouldn't be needed.

It goes both ways for both parties. There are just as many ****ty ass truck divers as car drivers as bike riders. All of those parties need each other, we don't solely rely on you, remember there was a long time before you existed that goods still moved about the globe. I appreciate truckers, they help put food on the table, my lady works for Hendrickson, which if you don't run their parts, I feel sorry for you. But you have to remember you need consumers as much as they need consumables.

This is foolish thinking, if it were not for the hundred cars around you driving to places that buy the products you haul, then you wouldn't be needed.

It goes both ways for both parties. There are just as many ****ty ass truck divers as car drivers as bike riders. All of those parties need each other, we don't solely rely on you, remember there was a long time before you existed that goods still moved about the globe. I appreciate truckers, they help put food on the table, my lady works for Hendrickson, which if you don't run their parts, I feel sorry for you. But you have to remember you need consumers as much as they need consumables.

The 10 years I was out on the road, I can't recall hearing truck drivers saying they didn't need consumers. I remember complaints from truck drivers (myself included ) that the casual driver needed to understand what it was like having to operate an 80,000lb vehicle amongst other smaller vehicles driven by those mostly oblivious to our presence. Notice I said mostly because there are some 4 wheeler drivers who actually are aware of us and I relished at every opportunity to show my appreciation by giving horn honks and light shows. Unfortunately, there are many out there that feel trucks aren't needed and that is wrong. They think we can throw containers on railcars and do without these big trucks on the road.

There's a little test we use to illustrate how much big trucks are needed in our world. Go in your house and try and find anything in the cupboard, closet, pantry, or wherever that wasn't at one time in the back of a big truck.

That being said, there are definitely some assclown truck drivers out there and I won't hesitate to say most of them are local drivers that get home every night and drive 6 wheelers in the Northeast. Again, that's the pressure thing. I have no special hatred for the Northeast as the same happens in Chicago, St Louis, Cleveland, Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Kansas City, and most major metros.

BigRig will tell you the same thing, after driving a big truck for so long, that could possibly make you one of the absolute best car drivers. BigRig, let 'em know man! We don't need to see Smokey Bear! We can feel Smokey Bear just by seeing what those 4 wheelers are doin'.

Robot, He simply brought up how apparently, those of us who don't drive truck certainly don't mind the service offered, yet hate the truckers. Well Like I said it works both ways...

i drove for halliburton for 3yrs and there are plenty O' ass clowns in 4 wheelers.
on the other side, i do get constipated when two rigs are trying to pass each
other uphill, all while knowing they're on the ceebee's laughing at the lesser
vehicles lmao

Steering wheel holders.....
hardest part is to pass a drug test ..
turn on the CB radio and listen,,,,...
channel 19 us
ch 1 nadia.
yup,,,real upstanding people..
used to run with em and they aint all that bad..
not an easy way to make a living is why it attracts ,,a borderline socio element ..
if they can save 30 seconds by holding up traffic 1/2 an hour,,they dont care.
that's the way it is on the road,,put up with it or don't drive :)

while it drives me crazy when one truck is going 66mph while trying to pass another truck going 65.5mph on a two lane (no mountains round here, flat land as far as the eye can see) I do understand, one mph difference may make a difference in MPGs for that guy, and if the cost of fuel is coming out of his pocket, I can fault a man for trying to preserve his profits.

Ok,,enuf beating up on truck drivers,,time for something else..

like,,,,,,,,,,,,,,SUPPERTIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

had a friend fill my cooler for me with six good sized buggs and about 20 lbs of steamer clams..
The ice keeps everything good for days..

View attachment 828472768

I keep a tarp on top of the spare tire for times like this,,,,needing to put something in the trunk :)

first night four of us went at four of the buggs and as many clams as we could eat,,,,saved the lobster bodies to pick later.
next night i tried to take care of the rest..
cooked and cooked and ate and ate.
about a lb of clam meat went into a container.

tonight cleaned all the leftover lobstah and three of us had huge lobster rolls for supper .

MVC-212F.JPG

still had leftover for lobster quiche tomorrow morning and clam roll's for lunch.

got a couple quarts of mussels yestday with a friend but let him keep them all as i dont really like them.

will be going out monday for oysters,,my favorite.

summertime is here and living in paradise is awsome !!

PS: had to leave the trunk open on the LS awhile to air out !! :)

MVC-212F.JPG

Members online

Back