What did you do to your LS today?

Took off the old coil-overs. Was hoping to have the rear Stances put in tonight but ran into an issue that I hope can be resolved over the phone. It looks like one of the adjusters is broke or something. :(

ArabianNight: Did the texture ever scare you? I did my girlfriend's altima coupe grille last week and didn't figure out how to get it smooth until the can was nearly empty.

ArabianNight: Did the texture ever scare you? I did my girlfriend's altima coupe grille last week and didn't figure out how to get it smooth until the can was nearly empty.

Yea I redid one piece because the texture wasn't right had like an orange peal look to it. I think the key is first couple coats you gotta lite then the other two coats I went heavy and it came out better. Still experimenting ill be doing a couple other pieces today so guess well see how those come out. was debating putting a coat of clear on there but don't really want a glossy look to it gotta see if I can find a matte clear for it.

Arabiannight to solve the texture problem when you use the plasti dip leave the cans in warm water for 5 minutes and shake well, if you are using a used can make sure to clean the tip real well or put a new one on , and if you wanna have a little more shine to it I suggest getting plasti dip glossifier

Arabiannight to solve the texture problem when you use the plasti dip leave the cans in warm water for 5 minutes and shake well, if you are using a used can make sure to clean the tip real well or put a new one on , and if you wanna have a little more shine to it I suggest getting plasti dip glossifier

Thanks for the tip with the hot water ill def try that out tonight I know between coats it didn't take long for the tip to clog up was constantly cleaning it out and yea not really looking for a shine but something to coat it with that will help in the longevity and keep that matte look

More coats =more protection and will it keep it the same matte black finish , throw as many coats that the can will give you lol

Took it to the dealer today for an oil change, because it was cold and they have a really competitive oil change rate considering it's a dealer and all.

But literally every single employee who I interacted with mentioned how nice my car was. Even they know they don't make anything like this anymore.

I had my cooling system flushed and thought about getting the transmission flushed but decided against it due to it having almost 120,000 miles on her.

Took it to the dealer today for an oil change, because it was cold and they have a really competitive oil change rate considering it's a dealer and all.

But literally every single employee who I interacted with mentioned how nice my car was. Even they know they don't make anything like this anymore.
What did they think of the exhaust?

When i took mine in for an oil change (with Bassanis) they were like "damm! Doesnt sound like a lincoln. Badazz!" Ill never forget lol

Well Its always good to change the coolant after a while I don't have the full history on this car

Well Its always good to change the coolant after a while I don't have the full history on this car

coolant was changed not long ago, maybe 4 months ago, but its leaking a very small amount probably from the wheel hole and then there is that horrific sound.

Fixed the paint on mine today. Got some pointers from my dad, which has improved my technique quite a bit. After it dries a bit, will be wet sanding, buffing then waxing it.

A flush is cheaper 190.00 compared to 395.00 to drop the pan and replace filter and fluid

If a flush messes it up you had problems to begin with.

Actually, the thinking is that if you don't flush/change the trans fluid at the interval and it goes more than 100K miles, that varnish and crap builds up in the seals. Fresh fluid then cleans all this crap out where it became part of the sealing system, and causes leaks inside (internal pressure leaks) and outside (your car's new nickname is Puddles) the trans. 100K with no change is the accepted time interval for this, if it's more than 100K then you may as well leave the old fluid in until rebuild time. No idea if this has actually been proven anywhere, or if this is something that used to be true but new fluids and materials has solved this problem, but this has been the accepted thinking on this for years.

The guy at Ford told me at a flush could loosen some stuff up and clog the valves.

Actually, the thinking is that if you don't flush/change the trans fluid at the interval and it goes more than 100K miles, that varnish and crap builds up in the seals. Fresh fluid then cleans all this crap out where it became part of the sealing system, and causes leaks inside (internal pressure leaks) and outside (your car's new nickname is Puddles) the trans. 100K with no change is the accepted time interval for this, if it's more than 100K then you may as well leave the old fluid in until rebuild time. No idea if this has actually been proven anywhere, or if this is something that used to be true but new fluids and materials has solved this problem, but this has been the accepted thinking on this for years.

The guy at Ford told me at a flush could loosen some stuff up and clog the valves.

Old school beliefs with old school fluids and mechanicals; like the 3K mile oil changes. The factory fill fluid is a semi-synthetic and is "supposed" to be changed at 150K miles. The only gunk that would be in the trans is deteriorating\failing parts that are somehow adhered to the trans case or stuck in the filter (which would not filter correctly at this point starving the trans of fluid). I would not hesitate to flush the the transmission and maybe even spring for a new filter.

Sold that bish today. Jumped in the air and clicked my heals.

Old school beliefs with old school fluids and mechanicals; like the 3K mile oil changes. The factory fill fluid is a semi-synthetic and is "supposed" to be changed at 150K miles. The only gunk that would be in the trans is deteriorating\failing parts that are somehow adhered to the trans case or stuck in the filter (which would not filter correctly at this point starving the trans of fluid). I would not hesitate to flush the the transmission and maybe even spring for a new filter.

This has been debated a lot especially in the explorer forum where I'm a member too. The acceptable explanation was that if the trans wasn't serviced regularly (within less than 100k) you're better off dropping the pan and changing the filter. A flush is not recommended since the new fluid is so strong to eat/clean up the remaining clutch material. If it wasn't serviced for more than 150k and the fluid is dark, shops won't even touch it and if the customer insist a waiver is signed so that that the shop is not liable if the trans explodes after. The concept of a sealed unit is pure marketing gimmick by auto manufacturers and most of these trans fail before 100k, not because of the fluid but a bad design (servo bore) It's usually better to do a flush before it reaches 100k or 60k is the recommended.

BTW, I just checked my rear end today and was disappointed with how Tires Plus did the alignment. They adjusted the tie rod to the point where the rubber boot is so twisted (those connected to the frame). Talked to the guy at their front desk and the guy was like 'what the hell are you talking about, that's not the correct name for that'. I just say call it whatever you like but these pictures show how lazy and half-ass job is this.

tierod1.jpg

tierod1.jpg

I had the radiator changed out - what a pain in the ass it looked like, thank god I didn't attempt it myself. Also I put on my winter wheels.

Members online

Back