What did you do to your LS today?

... They LOVE to be driven! Sitting around seems to cause all sorts of issues...

Tell me about it, week an half, damn thing burped and farted on it's coldest start as of late.
might be the shock of a full tank and stabilizer but battery seemed down, almost didn't start.

Battery is new since early spring 2013, no drain that I know of ... but failed on start up.

Putting up a fight being put up in the garage for the crappy Canadian winter season.

Will have to disconnect battery connections or put tender w/ timer on it.

Up on blocks today, got the weight off of it.

Hey Robot, me and the misses, hitting TPA December 22nd 9PM ... feel like giving us a ride to my folks place in Largo? LOL.
Just kidding, they picking us up ... but would love to meet up if you have the time over xmas. Gone by the 29th. Let me know.
Had hoped to take a load down with a layover but only brokers get those miles these days from this area.

Well, I had to replace the battery. Needless to say I was not a happy camper, now when I start it up the service park brake light comes on. Of course it does that when it cold out...lol

Well, I had to replace the battery. Needless to say I was not a happy camper, now when I start it up the service park brake light comes on. Of course it does that when it cold out...lol

2nd gen? I believe the procedure is to place foot on brake, engage parking brake and release. That should reset the system.

Painted the worn sections of my front seats with SEM leather dye. Man I'm hoping that the color doesn't match when sprayed but does match when dry, because the stuff doesn't match at all right now. Light titanium on mine. If the dye job fails, will have to look at getting the seats recovered and I really don't want to do that.

... If the dye job fails, will have to look at getting the seats recovered and I really don't want to do that.

It's easy enough to do yourself, but the covers are very expensive.

If going the recover route, I'd give Katzkin some serious consideration. Also, as long as you were bothering with it, some Lincoln stars in the headrests would look quite nice IMO. Good time to add LCD screens as well, if you so desire.

Decided to give the leather dye another shot, since it was screwed anyway. As it turns out, SEM 17163, Med Dark Pewter, is an exact match for the seats.

Well today I brought my LS to O'Reilly since my Check Engine light came on and I needed washer fluid. The verdict: P0108 and P0430. Then I added washer fluid. The P0108 confused the hell out of the guys behind the counter because the necessary part wasn't in their system apparently

Well i finally hauled my LS to my buddys to get it fixed So i wouldnt have to pay $900+ in labor for a shop. Time for new valve cover gaskets, plugs, and alternator. Plan to have it back on the road before Christmas!

IMG_20131113_164252_418.jpg

Dang, dried too light. Oh well, back to the drawing board. And, Katzkin didn't have anything for the Lincoln.

Well that sucks.

I yanked out the stock subs and enclosure. Those things were inadequate, especially with one being blown. Now to decide if I want to tear this car up or finally attempt some sq goodness.

Well that sucks.

I yanked out the stock subs and enclosure. Those things were inadequate, especially with one being blown. Now to decide if I want to tear this car up or finally attempt some sq goodness.

It's OK, I found the correct color and now and the seats look nearly brand new. On the subs, if you aren't planning to use the car to compete I'd just keep it simple and not cut the car up to install speakers. Put in something that sounds good while cruising.

It's OK, I found the correct color and now and the seats look nearly brand new. On the subs, if you aren't planning to use the car to compete I'd just keep it simple and not cut the car up to install speakers. Put in something that sounds good while cruising.

How did you apply the dye? I've tried using an airbrush a couple of times with not so great results. I did get a kit from Leather Magic that included some kind of aerosol attachment.

Hey Robot, me and the misses, hitting TPA December 22nd 9PM ... feel like giving us a ride to my folks place in Largo? LOL.
Just kidding, they picking us up ... but would love to meet up if you have the time over xmas. Gone by the 29th. Let me know.
Had hoped to take a load down with a layover but only brokers get those miles these days from this area.

Will be off on 23rd, 24th, and 25th. No plans as of yet. Give me a ring when you get in town. Btw, is that Largo or Larghetto? LOL!

How did you apply the dye? I've tried using an airbrush a couple of times with not so great results. I did get a kit from Leather Magic that included some kind of aerosol attachment.

It's a spray can. First you clean with soap and water (I used laundry soap heavily diluted with water), then you use SEM #38353 leather prep. The paint shop I bought from said that if water beads on the leather it isn't clean enough. Repeat cleaning until water no longer beads. Once it's clean and dry you apply several light coats about 5 minutes apart. I wouldn't go more than 3 coats. Check it the next day to see if it's covered enough, if not do 3 more light coats 5 minutes apart. Then (and this is the hard part) you stay out of the seat for a few days to let it set in completely. Once it's done, it's permanent.

SEM is about the best you can get for leather and plastic. I used them about 10 years ago to color match some tweeter mounts for my 96 Tahoe, and threw the mounts I didn't use in the large plastic tub I keep nuts and bolts in. They've been heavily abused being in that tub, yet if I clean the dirt off they still look like they were made in the color I dyed them with.

Will be off on 23rd, 24th, and 25th. No plans as of yet. Give me a ring when you get in town. Btw, is that Largo or Larghetto? LOL!

10-4 got ur #, will text during that week. Maybe Clearwater lunch. Of course I will be LS'less.

Members online

No members online now.
Back