Free VIN lookup service

stumpie

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Same reports as Carfax, but free (maybe just for a limited time?)

geniusvin.com

My car was part of a rental fleet from Florida.

Pretty cool.

Here's the first line on mine:
05/08/1999 CO
Independent Source VEHICLE MANUFACTURED AND SHIPPED TO DEALER

Can anyone beat that?

Pretty cool.

Here's the first line on mine:
05/08/1999 CO
Independent Source VEHICLE MANUFACTURED AND SHIPPED TO DEALER

Can anyone beat that?

Yeah, but my 1985 oldsmobile only reports from 1996 when the database was started ;).

No fleet, rental and/or lease use record
No taxi use record
No police use record
No government use record
No delivery use record
No driver education record

Pheww! ... would have been a FOR SALE sign in the front glass tomorrow if it was!

Got lucky again!
:biggrin:

Cool find. Fl doesn't keep good records on mileage. I bought mine with 60K which it shows but no data after that. Now I have 170K.

yeah definitely cool but doesn't run down to all option loaded, build date etc. like some other VIN spoolers we've used before.

Class: Upscale - Near Luxury.... I LIKE THIS ONE....HAHA
Engine: 3.9L V8 EFI
Country of Assembly: United States
Vehicle Age: 10 year(s)
Calculated Owners: 5 ..... WHORE...haha
Year: 2003
Make: Lincoln
Model: LS

Fleet, rental and/or lease use record(s)

This was cool, thanks for sharing.

Seems crappy to me. I ran my '04 F-150. It said 28 accidents including 6 in Puerto Rico LOL. It shows it only registered around Chicago with 141,000 miles. It has 106,000 miles I'm the third owner and bought it from TN and I know it went into service in MI. It shows water flood and insurance total last month in IL. I live in IN. The Carfax was clean when I bought it last summer.

Cool find. Fl doesn't keep good records on mileage. I bought mine with 60K which it shows but no data after that. Now I have 170K.

neither does missouri.
last mileage report was 130k miles ago.
and it doesn't show the mild fender bender it was in, because the trunk and rear bumper have been repainted.
imo, auto check is pretty useless..

Mine's accurate from the time I've owned it. I think there was an accident before I owned it that wasn't reported. I actually forgot about 1 of mine thats on there, because all it did was put a mark on my mirror. The guy in the civic lost a mirror and had a nice scratch all the way dow his drverside though

I'm the third owner (June 2003), but early history is confusing - Title issued before manufacture date or shipping to dealer? Also manual transmission is different for vehicles made before 11/17/99 (fordparts.com list mine as using the older box based on VIN).

11/09/1999 ALLEN PARK, MI Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:804993130092)
TITLE (Title #:804993130092)
11/09/1999 ALLEN PARK, MI Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
11/22/1999 Independent Source VEHICLE MANUFACTURED AND SHIPPED TO DEALER
02/22/2000 DEARBORN HEIGHTS, MI Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
05/11/2000 HOPEDALE, MA Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
05/15/2000 NEW ENGLAND REGION 3,587 Auto Auction REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION
06/23/2000 HOPEDALE, MA 3,753 Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:AU0557867)
03/01/2002 HOPEDALE, MA Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
03/20/2002 ATTLEBORO, MA Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
04/05/2002 ATTLEBORO, MA 20,152 Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:AX0195755)
04/05/2002 ATTLEBORO, MA Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:AX195755)
06/05/2003 NY Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
08/14/2003 NY 38,257 Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE

I am an idiot. This was dead nuts for all of my cars including the truck. I had a picture of a F-150 vin tag in my phone right before the pictures of my current truck texted during my purchase of that truck. It was the vin of a truck the same color as mine that I had passed on while looking for a truck. Funny thing is I had actually used the wrong vin to order parts for my truck.

Seems crappy to me. I ran my '04 F-150. It said 28 accidents including 6 in Puerto Rico LOL. It shows it only registered around Chicago with 141,000 miles. It has 106,000 miles I'm the third owner and bought it from TN and I know it went into service in MI. It shows water flood and insurance total last month in IL. I live in IN. The Carfax was clean when I bought it last summer.

Mine was leased for 3 years in PA, then went through an auto auction where the owner of the Chrysler dealership I bought it from bought it for himself and put 30k miles on it, then sold it to me.

Guy owned a Chrysler dealership, drove a LS. That should say something.

FYI, this data was identical to what I got from my Carfax so it seems decent.

EDIT:
02/24/2012
MORGANTOWN, WV
57,760 <~~~~~~~~~~~~This is when I took ownership.
Motor Vehicle Dept.
REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL

04/28/2012
Independent Repair Center
VEHICLE SERVICED

06/23/2012
VEHICLE SERVICED

09/01/2012
VEHICLE SERVICED

WE HAD A ROUGH START. lol.

Cool link!

I also ran a Carfax a few months ago, and it shows an accident that Autocheck is missing. (I also have two other hit-while-parked incidents for which I filed police reports and insurance claims but neither Carfax or Autocheck shows those). Carfax also has every Ford Dealer service w/ odo reading, which Autocheck is missing. The ownership & state inspection records are the same.

It goes up and down. The second time I ran mine I got a different report than the first.

Members online

Back