Tons of Gen2 Sleepy Hollow Pics...anyone have more modified gen 2 photos?

Lux

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
There has been alot of body kits made in the past for the Lincoln Mark series. There was alot of kits made for the Gen 1 Mark VIII, a few kits made for the Mark VII (erebuni and gtc come to mind) erebuni being the "gangster" mustang GT kit and the GTC kit being that sleek, classy subtle look where someone not keen to the mark wouldnt even know it was wearing ground effects but an enthusiast would pick it up in a second.

To me, the sleepy hollow most represents the GTC made for the Mark VII which is a very subtle extension of the body lines. I know theres mixed opinions about it, but was organizing some files and wanted to post these. The kit in grey is one I purchased a few years back, I've only ever seen these 5 seperate kits, not sure how many were made.

I feel the only way to properly finish it would be to graft some of it onto the body. Which is why its still packaged just the way I got it. Looks cheesy otherwise, hence the mixed opinions.... especially since these cars 97/98 Marks look sex stock.

Would be nice to see something similar to this done in a urethane type material that had give. My biggest complaint is the front nose being made of fiberglass and being ugly, which is why i'd custom make nose similar to the Mark with the grand am front nose to go with this kit and graft the rest of it on....

Hopefully we will have a nose available through Legend soon enough instead. I was on the phone with John today about it..and thats why I gathered up all my pics on it. Stay tuned. ;)

Theres alot of attachments but Ill moving them to photobucket after finishing the rest of my file transfer, it was just easier this way now since I gathered them all in one place today.

If anyone has any more pictures of gen2's with kits or modified exotic wicked looking pictures of the Mark VIII please post up.

08_09 094.jpg

08_09 095.jpg

08_09 096.jpg

08_09 098.jpg

08_09 101.jpg

08_09 102.jpg

08_09 103.jpg

08_09 104.jpg

08_09 106.jpg

08_09 107.jpg

08_09 108.jpg

08_09 109.jpg

08_09 110.jpg

08_09 111.jpg

3105310_2_full.jpg

3105310_3_full.jpg

3105310_4_full.jpg

31053100005_large.jpg

31053100007_large.jpg

g2r1_jpg.jpg

g2r2_jpg.jpg

g2r3_jpg.jpg

g2r4_jpg.jpg

gen2sleepy.JPG

pic1_jpg.jpg

pic2_jpg.jpg

pic4_jpg.jpg

pic5_jpg.jpg

LMSAEROPAK2OLD.jpg

sleepyhollow1.jpg

sleepyhollow2.jpg

i normally hate body kits but that black car is HOT

That black car is what made me jump on this kit when I saw it.

On black (just like the mark vii GTC) the kit is even sleeker..and I own/bought my black/black gen2 just because I had big plans stemming back from when I rocked my blk/blk 90 tremec 5speed LSC SE clone...

With a grand am front nose and custom cobra style cowl hood....had to have it, never seen it, but would like to...if ya know what I mean. ;)

I like that white one a LOT. The body kit is very tastefully understated. It's not gaudy like some of the ones people put on T-Birds. I like the black one too, but the wheels gotta go.

Body kits suck, a mild bumper rework, custom grill or molded in rear wing and hood are PLENTY body kits imho = ghey. Takes away from already great lines. We did sell a nice amount of them but they look just bad.

My car is on youtube under 1997 lincoln mark 8/ coustom by brasspineapple productions

It would take soem getting used to from me. I can't quite accept it. It looks good from 20 ft away but come up close & you see how the kit interrupts the lines of the car! Sorry but I don't think much mind was put into these kits.

Geno, y'all still making the Gen1 cowl hoods?

Hopefully so. If my local fiberglass artist can't come up with something that looks good for less than the three billion dollars shipping fee from NJ, I'll have to buy one.

That body kit I used to lust after. Had big plans to get it a couple years ago and lost out to someone on here by like 5 minutes. :(

I was planning on filling all the holes.... or whatever they call those vents on the bumper and side skirts. Then I was going to have it molded to the car and remove the rubber strip on the car. I bet it would have looked sick on that pearl white LSC I had.

I hope when i get my next Mark I can find one of those kits cause I still want to do that. It would make the car look lower and wider without actually lowering or widening it. Plus it gets rid of that slight overbite look the nose has. Big plus is not having the tires throw dirt, mud and rocks atthe lower half of the car.

That body kit I used to lust after. Had big plans to get it a couple years ago and lost out to someone on here by like 5 minutes. :(

I was planning on filling all the holes.... or whatever they call those vents on the bumper and side skirts. Then I was going to have it molded to the car and remove the rubber strip on the car. I bet it would have looked sick on that pearl white LSC I had.

I hope when i get my next Mark I can find one of those kits cause I still want to do that. It would make the car look lower and wider without actually lowering or widening it. Plus it gets rid of that slight overbite look the nose has. Big plus is not having the tires throw dirt, mud and rocks atthe lower half of the car.

Couldnt of said it better my self. Haha nose has an overbite for sure. The grandam/cobra nose looks best IMO. My plans one day are similar to this...hope I didnt rob the kit from you. :) I was thinking about removing the holes on the side skirts..they have grown on me a little, still undecided as what i'd want to do with the door piece. My history with Lincolns and thier ground effects go way back since I was 15, my friend had a mark vii bill blass with the erebuni kit that was just like the mustang GT was one of the first cars I ever got to "ride in" got my lincense few years later and VII fell into my lap, put a 5 speed in it, started making it more about the sport / luxury aspect and not that gangster look.

Owned around 6 more mark vii's, parted some, got a gen1 VIII on trade, parted a few out more out, looked hardcore for my blk/blk 97. I was building my 90lsc with the 5spd to look like an Special Edition Clone with the GTC kit, car had everything, even sourced a 69 351w high nickel engine that I was going to twin turbo to put in front of the tremec TKO600 5speed, mcleod clutch, subframe connectors, poly everything, custom aluminum ds....it was pretty nasty, as I got older and was able to afford more I fell into the the gen2 VIII already having all the goodies, built in antenna, puddle lamps, everything...i wanted for the VII. So i changed my course of action, and the DOHC is just so much better. :D

I dont like body kits on any Mark unless the GTC kit that was offered for the lincoln mark VII 351w/5speed Roush package (sound familar)...which actually got reproduced a few years back. I still appreciate this car so much as its the corner stone for everything I want my VIII to be, but newer.

Seen here -
GTC_011s.jpg

To me, this kit offered for the gen2 is the only one out there like the GTC. Most people walking by wouldnt even know its there. Means alot to have found one...If they kit is pasted on it looks like junk, its gotta get molded to the body, I already wanted to smooth out the divits in the body lines out, the roof channels, the door handles, etc....little things most people wouldnt notice...but an enthusiast would.

With the side skirts from this kit, a different front nose cause this one sucks, some custom trim work on the back piece to angle it up, grafted to the body, and the right paint job, (ill probably go black again even though it sucks to keep clean :rolleyes: ) I think it would really make the Mark stand out but pasted on looks like crap...

What rubber strip are you speaking of removing?

Sleepy Valley

Sleep Valley is the company, not sleepy hollow..thats a movie. :D

More Pics added from the photoshopped thread and a bump.

sleepy1.jpg

sleepy2.jpg

sleepy3.jpg

sleepy4.jpg

Hope you dont get hit or break something, those molds went to Russia in 2001 and have since disappeared. It will look x1000 better molded.

Sleep Valley is the company, not sleepy hollow..thats a movie. :D

More Pics added from the photoshopped thread and a bump.

I think this may be the Gen2 that I posted a picture of in one of the other sections of the forum awhile back when it somehow came into topic. There is a picture of this car parked next to a body of water too???

ABSOLUTELY the best looking Gen2 I have ever seen. :cool:

If it don't go fast Chrome it :runaway:

However I did have Chrome rims on my 96' and I liked em
CIMG1799.jpg

Of course the car was slow as all hell even with 4:10 gears :rolleyes:

If it don't go fast Chrome it :runaway:

However I did have Chrome rims on my 96' and I liked em
CIMG1799.jpg

Of course the car was slow as all hell even with 4:10 gears :rolleyes:

Those wheels are always a good choice on these cars. I think they look good on any Mark VIII.

not a fan of a body kit for the marks.
makes the car look a hell of alot bigger.
now the cobra bumper from temple performance looks absolutely fantastic.

Members online

Back