Tons of Gen2 Sleepy Hollow Pics...anyone have more modified gen 2 photos?

I think this may be the Gen2 that I posted a picture of in one of the other sections of the forum awhile back when it somehow came into topic. There is a picture of this car parked next to a body of water too???

ABSOLUTELY the best looking Gen2 I have ever seen. :cool:

Theres no picture in your link, its amazon search for a book. :p

Hope you dont get hit or break something, those molds went to Russia in 2001 and have since disappeared. It will look x1000 better molded.

Perfect reason to run the temple front bumper, WAY less prone to cracking as its a flexible plastic, not fiberglass like the rest of the kit.

Yes, I agree 1000% the body kit needs to be grafted to the body. ;)

Perfect reason to run the temple front bumper, WAY less prone to cracking as its a flexible plastic, not fiberglass like the rest of the kit.

Yes, I agree 1000% the body kit needs to be grafted to the body. ;)

The temple bumper is fiberglass.

No, the temple bumper is not fibgerglass.

Its made from a flexible poly type resin.

The kit shown above (sleepy valley) is fiberglass.

I've seen all of these pictures before, but I never put 2 and 2 together that these were the same car. He must have removed the ground effects somewhere along the line (thankfully) and made up that grand am nose for it. About the only similarity I see still is that nascar style wing on the trunk..but it looks like he made it a little but more subtle now.

I think this guy does awsome work though..clean and quality, I think I remember seeing a thread somewhere of him shaving the seam between the roof and 1/4s and removing the rear window seal all together and making it flush with the glass..looked badass.

sleepy1.jpg

sleepy2.jpg

attachment.jpg

Who the heck does that completely blacked out car belong to??? It is incredible! I now wants a black Mark. Finally someone did the chrome trim painted black on a black car. I remember all the hooplah about 'what would it look like' :rolleyes:\

It looks great.:cool:

The top pic above is a customer of mine. Thats not the same car as the grand am front.

yeah the more i looked at it the more differences i noticed..maryland plates vs. missouri and that cowl hood is a bit different on the 1st picture..both cool cars though.

Couldnt of said it better my self. Haha nose has an overbite for sure. The grandam/cobra nose looks best IMO. My plans one day are similar to this...hope I didnt rob the kit from you. :) I was thinking about removing the holes on the side skirts..they have grown on me a little, still undecided as what i'd want to do with the door piece. My history with Lincolns and thier ground effects go way back since I was 15, my friend had a mark vii bill blass with the erebuni kit that was just like the mustang GT was one of the first cars I ever got to "ride in" got my lincense few years later and VII fell into my lap, put a 5 speed in it, started making it more about the sport / luxury aspect and not that gangster look.

Owned around 6 more mark vii's, parted some, got a gen1 VIII on trade, parted a few out more out, looked hardcore for my blk/blk 97. I was building my 90lsc with the 5spd to look like an Special Edition Clone with the GTC kit, car had everything, even sourced a 69 351w high nickel engine that I was going to twin turbo to put in front of the tremec TKO600 5speed, mcleod clutch, subframe connectors, poly everything, custom aluminum ds....it was pretty nasty, as I got older and was able to afford more I fell into the the gen2 VIII already having all the goodies, built in antenna, puddle lamps, everything...i wanted for the VII. So i changed my course of action, and the DOHC is just so much better. :D

I dont like body kits on any Mark unless the GTC kit that was offered for the lincoln mark VII 351w/5speed Roush package (sound familar)...which actually got reproduced a few years back. I still appreciate this car so much as its the corner stone for everything I want my VIII to be, but newer.

Seen here -
GTC_011s.jpg

To me, this kit offered for the gen2 is the only one out there like the GTC. Most people walking by wouldnt even know its there. Means alot to have found one...If they kit is pasted on it looks like junk, its gotta get molded to the body, I already wanted to smooth out the divits in the body lines out, the roof channels, the door handles, etc....little things most people wouldnt notice...but an enthusiast would.

With the side skirts from this kit, a different front nose cause this one sucks, some custom trim work on the back piece to angle it up, grafted to the body, and the right paint job, (ill probably go black again even though it sucks to keep clean :rolleyes: ) I think it would really make the Mark stand out but pasted on looks like crap...

What rubber strip are you speaking of removing?

I agree 100%

I actually test drove that exact VII GTC. Car was in SoCal and the buyer was on FvC. It was a nice car. Factory 351W modded by JBA.

Man I love that VII! If I could find one that looked that good (that I could afford:D), it'd be in my driveway! I always loved the VII bodystyle. Gorgeous car!

Buy a mark vii, black out the trim.

They were (and i still think are) selling repro GTC kits on fordvschevy.com a while ago

The kit in this thread is the one I want. I really think it fixes the goofy ass front lower fascia, which is IMHO the worst part of the whole car.

Big mike, id be willing to sell just the front nose off the sleepy valley kit...I don't plan omissionn using it.

They were some sweet rides.

Special panhard bar, GTC air springs, bigger swaybars, 351w, 5 speed, gears, and more...

Members online

No members online now.
Back