bought a new ride.

HAHHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH!

I forgot how fun this place was!!!

Thanks guys!

Please o please do not make it into a fauxbra

Holy crap Jamie, it was a joke, but thanks for the public display of menstruation, proved a point... Try to get a handle on your emotions

And stop threatening to beat someone you've never met, you may want to consider a less bloody sport for yourself, like checkers or black jack before you enter yourself into physical confrontation that'll leave you unrecognizable by your loved ones. I'm not saying you're a little wuss or anything, actually
I'd imagine you're tough, like the Man named Sue

It's good you spend your money on things you enjoy, good luck with the Stang, lighten up buttercup
Cartman On Maury - YouTube

lets make out for a few minutes.

I still don't see what's so bad about a mark engine in a mustang? Not trying to make it a cobra, I just respect that it is, IMO a better engine than the 2v, that and it looks better in the engine compartment.

before my dad gave me his mark, my heart was set on a 99-04 mustang GT. smoked OE style headlights were going to be one of the first things i would've done. with the right exhaust these things will fly and all the little ricers will :q:q:q:q their pants when you roll up next to them haha. good luck with it.

the mods i was going to do were
SLP loudmouth II exhaust
4.10 gears, tune, cai, bbk headers, o/r x pipe and a bunch of other stuff.

I still don't see what's so bad about a mark engine in a mustang? Not trying to make it a cobra, I just respect that it is, IMO a better engine than the 2v, that and it looks better in the engine compartment.

I so agree. I love opening the hood on the Cobra and seeing those enormous valve covers filling out the engine bay. It's a beautiful thing:)

Looks good! I'll be down there, were shooting for May/April, I'll have to check it out then. Looking forward to seeing the new house, new car, and driving "my" Mark again :p

Looks good! I'll be down there, were shooting for May/April, I'll have to check it out then. Looking forward to seeing the new house, new car, and driving "my" Mark again :p

your mark lmfao hahahahahahahahahahahaha we'll see about you driving it again, i know for sure you wont drive the mustang, you'll probably blow the motor, the clutch and put it into a pole. is your mooching mom coming again too? she better come down with her own god damn money this time.

Congrats on the purchase. I see you kept it black, and love that you kept it ford. I want one

Congrats on the purchase. I see you kept it black, and love that you kept it ford. I want one

thanks. yes i do like my ford cars. when it comes to trucks i am chevy all the way, but cars i like ford. i was actually looking at a 2000 camaro ss with the 6 speed, but like i said i am a true ford car guy. i have had some fun ford cars, 85 stang gt, 85 turbocoupe thunderbird, 86 crown vic ex police car all 13 of my mark VIII's!!! i am really enjoying the mustang. it had an exhaust leak that i decided to tackle tonight, turns out one of the nuts on the pass side manifold to front pipe flange was loose and seized up, i couldnt tighten it, i took the whole stud out and put a bolt back in for now, it must have been causing a problem with the 02's because the car had a sputter under load, well i just took it for a ride and the computer must be correcting itself because the car is screamin now i pulled it to 6500 through first second and third and then laid on the brakes before i ended up going to jail. i dont know if it is because its a stick, but this car pulls way harder than my mark VIII did and if no one has ever been in the rear end, it only has 3:27 gears in it. my mark was very quick, but i seriously think this mustang would blow the doors off of it, it :q:q:q:qing moves! i'm loving it. exhaust and wheels are next, in about a week or so, soon as my tax check gets deposited. i am buffing the entire car this weekend, i already did the interior, i will take pics this weekend and post. this is gonna be a fun project for me, i am actually excited because i finally have the car i have been wanting for a very long time!

Pass side donut gasket is notorious for leaking.

this will be my new long term commuter and toy. i have wanted a mustang for a long time and finally said :q:q:q:q it. i bought it tonight. i'll post more pics this weekend this is just one from the lot it was at. its a 99 GT 5 speed 127k loaded up tan leather interior 100 % unmolested bone stock. runs and drives awesome, nice and tight and very snappy with that stick shift! i havent owned a stick shift since my last mustang, back in 1998, it was an 85 GT. this is a totally different world from an 85!
this will be a car i keep a progress thread on, i just filed my taxes today so there will be alot of changes to this car in a short amount of time. and go ahead tell me everyone has a mustang i could give a :q:q:q:q less, now i have one too.

22250373776.306953996.IM1.07.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

22250373770.306953996.IM1.03.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Looks good man, if it didn't snow here 6 months out of the year I would add one to the list of toys.
Easy on the tranny.. they will hold the power just not to much of the quick pedal between gears. ;)

With the stock H/C/I, there's no need to rev past 6200 rpm. It should be capable of low 14's/high 13's as is. Have fun with it!

A lot of guys do this, its a common swap on modular forums.
Early new edge c headed cobra engine, tune it... it is a nice set up.
Some swap terminator engines crank up the boost.

It just what car you find totaled. :D

I think I would go with some Trick Flow heads, intake and good cams if I were to buy a new edge GT.

Nice ride.

Only thing i dislike about those stangs is the ugly interior and the suspension. But you cant beat the aftermaket on them.

Ugly interior? :confused:

P1100501.jpg

Yeah its what stops me from getting a cobra. Id have to get a blown 05+ GT with a GT500 conversion.

You spend most of the time inside the vehicle it might as well look nice on the inside too.

Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT500-Interior.jpg

Nice ride.

Only thing i dislike about those stangs is the ugly interior and the suspension. But you cant beat the aftermaket on them.

I have to disagree on the interior. I have an SN95 Cobra and it has one of the most attractive interiors I've ever seen in a car. The seats are comfortable. The steering wheel and shifter are perfectly spaced and fall directly to hand. Everything is pretty much where it should be. And I've always been a fan of Ford's twin pod dashboard layout. My '62 Connie had it and so did my '69 Cougar. But it's a matter of opinion.

However, I must agree about the suspension. I must admit that Ford has done wonders with the cheap and simple strut front suspension. And the 4 link log out back has been well refined. The car handles like a friggin' go kart!! But I simply don't like struts. I would much rather have an SLA like the Mark VIII. The SLA design is much more versatile and offers more adjustment than a strut setup. SLA also keeps the tires more vertical and in contact with the pavement than a strut suspension can. I've always thought that Ford made a mistake when they did away with the SLA suspension in favor of struts in the Mustang in '79. I just really hate struts. I can't help it. They belong on cheesy econoboxes, not sports or luxury cars.

I have to disagree on the interior. I have an SN95 Cobra and it has one of the most attractive interiors I've ever seen in a car. The seats are comfortable. The steering wheel and shifter are perfectly spaced and fall directly to hand. Everything is pretty much where it should be. And I've always been a fan of Ford's twin pod dashboard layout. My '62 Connie had it and so did my '69 Cougar. But it's a matter of opinion.

However, I must agree about the suspension. I must admit that Ford has done wonders with the cheap and simple strut front suspension. And the 4 link log out back has been well refined. The car handles like a friggin' go kart!! But I simply don't like struts. I would much rather have an SLA like the Mark VIII. The SLA design is much more versatile and offers more adjustment than a strut setup. SLA also keeps the tires more vertical and in contact with the pavement than a strut suspension can. I've always thought that Ford made a mistake when they did away with the SLA suspension in favor of struts in the Mustang in '79. I just really hate struts. I can't help it. They belong on cheesy econoboxes, not sports or luxury cars.

The inside is comfortable but its just doesnt look good....i mean they kept that same interior for how many years??

All the way into 2004 when entry level hondas and nissan's had better looking interiors.

And yes struts suck. The 05+ stangs were supposed to use a variant of the dew98 platform from the LS which basically :q:q:q:qs all over mcpherson struts.

But it was too expensive so they scrapped it. Double wishbones with independent rear would have made it a beast. When i get into most other cars i just hate how they drive from being spoiled with a nice suspension.

The inside is comfortable but its just doesnt look good...

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I really like the interior in my '04.

That's niiiice! Very clean. I wish our Cobra had that console! We've got the older style with the flimsy little cup holder that pulls up out of the console.

Thanks. I try to keep it clean.

Members online

No members online now.
Back