Unofficially Official; Stance Coilovers

alzimme

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Went to Touge Factory in Chicago with the suspension off the LS. With just looking over the suspension, early indications are good!!!
The suspension is going to be developed by Stance USA
http://stance-usa.com/sus/
They will be developing them in the GR+Plus product line as per my request of, "Not race car stiff, but a sportier ride with the ability to go lower than the Eibachs." The larger 4 doors they are known for putting suspension on are: LS400, GS300/400 all gens, Legacy.
They quoted me $1350.00 shipped if I can get at least 15 people interested in them. I don't work for Touge or Stance, but the shop is owned by someone on my race team and wanted to help out the LS community since there is SO much untapped potential with this car.
PM me or start a:
1. Aaron Zimmerman
2. Jvip
3. mookie86
4. bullschmidt
5. RollinLS
6. Stallone 81
7. Alax7
8. Kumba
9. LeaSR77
10. blad
list to gauge interest. You have NO idea how excited I am to build this car!!!!!

You have been PM'd.

If anyone is wondering Stance is a GREAT product and gives a quality part at a reasonable price.

Here is my old Cressida(sold right before I got the Lincoln)

168621_493777064906_532359906_5724541_5948535_n.jpg

163190_493777014906_532359906_5724538_6187300_n.jpg

166140_493776994906_532359906_5724537_7639569_n.jpg

165524_1789066529438_1322820032_31984503_6799963_n.jpg

This wont be on the Lincoln set up but it shows quality
random009.jpg

Very interested. But bad timing. Christmas, slow season at work.:( If they need a test car, they can use mine. I don't drive it during the winter. It just sits in the garage.

Sounds like great progress.

Do you just need a list of who is interested or a list of who will pay for them right now? I dont think many want to drop 1350 right now without knowing the quality of parts, quality of the ride and ect. Once you have it installed and have used it for a little while, then you'll get more interest money wise.

I'm interested, but wont be able to pay right now. In a few months I would grab a set.

Sounds like great progress.

Do you just need a list of who is interested or a list of who will pay for them right now? I dont think many want to drop 1350 right now without knowing the quality of parts, quality of the ride and ect. Once you have it installed and have used it for a little while, then you'll get more interest money wise.

I'm interested, but wont be able to pay right now. In a few months I would grab a set.

He is just needing the list of 15 for now. I offered to pay at least a deposit.

i'd be in...but will have to wait, wife isn't working yet, & I need to fix my other car first

This is just a list of people, when they're finished, would be interested in buying (not imediately, but a finished, quality product would make you set some money aside for them in the future). Engineering wise, it shouldn't be too tough, making a business case is a little harder. My car will be the guinea pig. I've ran Stance on every single car I've built since college and don't have a single complaint.

Can you keep an updated list in the 1st post so itll be easier to see how we are looking w the 15

1. alzimme
2. Jvip
3. mookie86
4. bullschmidt
5. stallone 81
6. Alax7

Interested. Hell yeah. Count me in.:)

1. alzimme
2. Jvip
3. mookie86
4. bullschmidt
5. stallone 81
6. Alax7
7. RollinLS

List is updated. I'll verify the top wishbone camber adjustment pretty soon. Looks like SPC Performance might do the camber caster adjustment.

Put my name on the List. That would save me a ton of time and at about the same money as doing the Jag STR conversion. Plus I'd have some adjustments to it.

Let me think about it....this would be great along with a BBK kit.

Put my name on the List. That would save me a ton of time and at about the same money as doing the Jag STR conversion. Plus I'd have some adjustments to it.

Stance GR+Plus is 15 way adjustable with an inverted monotube, plus the ride height adjustable.
On my daily RX7 that I would also drift and track, I went from a sporty daily ride to no body roll with a couple clicks.

This sounds very good to me. So what you telling me is I should hold off on installing my Eibachs that I have in the garage and don't order new shocks. If they are going to offer good performance and you are able to adjust them, then add my name to the list. I always like to get my money worth and pretty much know good deals when I see them. This looks like a big window of opportunity for the LS community.

1. alzimme
2. Jvip
3. mookie86
4. bullschmidt
5. stallone 81
6. Alax7
7. RollinLS
8. LeaSr77

Last edited:
There is going to be ALOT of Eibach Springs for sale after this. I may sell mine early to beat the rush. lol

Count me in. Let's see if we can bring these buckets to the modern age

I'm going to start a new thread soon, but the officially official word from Stance and TougeFactory is that this is happening (from the owner himself). I'm working on all of the specs and measurements this weekend. Prototype should start as soon as next week. Little tweaks from past info.
A) It will probably not be an inverted mono tube.
1) Our set up is double wishbone and would not require a dampening feature since this is taken care of by the wishbone set up (all single wishbone cars need this because the suspension itself is a structural component).
2) This also means that you can adjust the suspension from the top of the coilover through the opening in the mount; instead of turning the wheel all the way to lock, reaching between the tires and fender and adjusting it blindly.
B) There will be no camber adjustable plate on the top because camber is adjusted at the wishbones not the coilover itself.

Both of these design adapations will lower the price, but will not affect coilover performance in the slightest. We're also working on having the coilover run all the way from stock height to 2 finger gap from tire to fender; with valving to run from close to sporty stock feel to stiff.

Thank you for your input and help in making this happen!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back