noooo moooorrrree chrooooome!!!

Really? (Windows). I think about that sometimes but i think my wheels would look out of place. Definitely wuld if I had wheels that weren't black

IMO it looks alot better your LS looks so diffrent now you should def black out around the windows.

I disagree lol. I think the chrome lip with the chrome trim around the windows is a perfect accent.

The car looks fukcin awesome dnyce. I love it man. I will definitely have to look into doing this to my car.

I'm jealous of your headlights. I looked at mine and it looks like one is gray and one is black sealant.

Looks great man. Amazing progress on how it looked like not to long ago

I think exhaust tips would help a lot

+1

quad LSE style is always nice imo, i think i will keep mine even if i get a magnaflow or other aftermarket exhaust system. It just looks right on a V8 Luxury Sport Sedan IMO

also tint the reverse lights. it cleans up the rest of the rear surround. Again just my opinion.

I'm jealous of your headlights. I looked at mine and it looks like one is gray and one is black sealant.

Looks great man. Amazing progress on how it looked like not to long ago

My headlights are the same way. Can't the gray ones be put it the oven but the black ones need to be cut apart with a dremel? The cutting sounds time consuming, but far from impossible! Yet another mod I plan on tackling this summer. Dnyce's work and his car have motivated me LOL

Dnyce, did you tint the tails yourself? I want to do the same but want them to be shiny afterwards. Have you polished yours?

@ matt man, dooo iiitt dooo iiitt dooo iiittt lol. What color is your car? And yes, I tinted them myself

@ geldtron, I was about to tint them while I had them out, but the hid bulbs might get too hot too quick and fk some sht up lol. I know I will tint them if I find an ls at the junkyard that still has reverse lights

Thanks for the compliments

Dnyce, my car is your cars twin, but its stock lol. 2001 v8. So I might be asking your for a paint code in the near future lol. After seeing your chrome turned body color i'm in love lol

Not true. The sport priced for much less and didn't have the chrome strips on the bumper. Yet, a fully loaded LS had the chrome strips and was priced much higher. The LSE is more of a sport model. Chrome says anything but sport. So the LSE didn't get any chrome.

I have seen fully loaded Gen 2's with chrome bumpers cause chrome bumpers are the only option for V6 gen twos. I never saw a fully loaded gen 1 with chrome bumpers. Only fully loaded sport models.

I have seen fully loaded Gen 2's with chrome bumpers cause chrome bumpers are the only option for V6 gen twos. I never saw a fully loaded gen 1 with chrome bumpers. Only fully loaded sport models.

There was one year, 2002 I believe, that had all the options (including sport suspension) with the chrome strips, chrome wheels, basket-weave leather seat inserts and a non-SST shifter. The name of the array escapes me....

I think it looks great without all that chrome. Good work.

Would you ever consider having the lips on your wheels painted black as well?

Dnyce, my car is your cars twin, but its stock lol. 2001 v8. So I might be asking your for a paint code in the near future lol. After seeing your chrome turned body color i'm in love lol

ok cool. i actually have no idea what my paint code is. how do you find out (where at on the car, im sure its not like a mini coopers location lol)

I think it looks great without all that chrome. Good work.

Would you ever consider having the lips on your wheels painted black as well?

thanks
i dont want it completely murdered out lol, but i have pictured it that way before.

ok cool. i actually have no idea what my paint code is. how do you find out (where at on the car, im sure its not like a mini coopers location lol)

How did you get the right paint to match your car then? Have a paint shop color match it? Did you paint it or have a shop do it?

I *think* the paint code is in the door jam sticker of the drivers door. I am going to ask my friends dad, who owns a paint shop, for a quote if I prep it and just have him paint it for me. How was did all the paint and supplies run you?

Before I always thought your car was one of the ugly ones on here. Now its looking among the best.

The chrome just looks out of place. Especially on the grille.

i painted it (i prepped it, my friend sprayed the black, i cleared it)

i bought Rustoleum? etching primer (looks like an army green color), Duplicolor gloss black acrylic enamel, and Duplicolor clear enamel. scuffed the chrome with some emery cloth, sprayed 3 coats of primer, 3 coats of black, and 3 clear. it matches damn near perfect with the original paint (would match better if the paint wasnt 11 yrs old lol). the only part that doesnt match to me is the waterfall part of the grille (used a different brand of paint)

Wait wait wait, you guys rattled canned it?!

I don't know if I want to even try painting it myself, rattle can or not, bc I don't have a steady hand lol

Im using this thread kinda as a 'my car' thread.

The LS is getting a trans put in now, so i can get around to doing the other necessary repairs i need to do, and upgrades. On the list is brakes, front and rear, few suspension parts, and a thermostat, for the necessary items. The upgrade will more than likely consist of a tinted windshield (again), rear roof spoiler, possible new caliper, emblem, and hood latch color, and white hids.

Question: has anyone heard of or used these brakes before? Not just on an LS, but in general.

http://www.crossdrilledbrakes.com/lincoln/2000/ls-3-9l-v8/brakekit

Im using this thread kinda as a 'my car' thread.

The LS is getting a trans put in now, so i can get around to doing the other necessary repairs i need to do, and upgrades. On the list is brakes, front and rear, few suspension parts, and a thermostat, for the necessary items. The upgrade will more than likely consist of a tinted windshield (again), rear roof spoiler, possible new caliper, emblem, and hood latch color, and white hids.

Question: has anyone heard of or used these brakes before? Not just on an LS, but in general.

http://www.crossdrilledbrakes.com/lincoln/2000/ls-3-9l-v8/brakekit

Woa You have a list there my friend....so I was thinking the same thing today about a roof spoiler and maybe a 3 pc spoiler as well...;)

I may end up with a m5 style lip spoiler if i get the roof spoiler. Hopefully somewhere down the line ill get springs and 18s or black or dark gray 19s

Members online

Back