noooo moooorrrree chrooooome!!!

Don't guess most of you guys would like my 1955 Crown Victoria. Black and white with lots of chrome and stainless steel.

You're preaching to a small choir here. Too much chrome screams cheesy. For that reason strips and chrome pillars etc look bad. IMO there is a reason why Ford made chrome items body color on higher optioned LS's. Just my $.02.

To each their own.

Not true. The sport priced for much less and didn't have the chrome strips on the bumper. Yet, a fully loaded LS had the chrome strips and was priced much higher. The LSE is more of a sport model. Chrome says anything but sport. So the LSE didn't get any chrome.

LS looks great.:cool: Nice work.

Looks like I will have some free time next week. Try to get the bumpers off and remove the chrome strips for painting. Already working on the rear surround. I have a McLaren grille. Just need time to get them done.

Don't guess most of you guys would like my 1955 Crown Victoria. Black and white with lots of chrome and stainless steel.

Cars from the 50's were made of metal and chrome.

The LS is fiberglass.

Cant compare them in any way.

That looks real good, Nice

my 04 LS is silver. I really didnt want to buy a silver car and i test drove 6 other LS's before buying the one i did last week. i have a strong preference for black and would also prefer white over silver. but everything else about the one i bought was perfect. it's in imaculate condition, garaged by an old guy who had thorough service records, its fully loaded, it has a V6 (which i like for the fuel economy) and the price was fair especially considering there were almost no other LS's for sale by private owners and the dealers are all asking way abouve blue book. So i settled for silver cuz i woulda been an idiot to pass it up. It also has custom 18in chrome rims that i love (pic below)

all that said, i think the chrome looks great on the the silver birch. i dont have an opinion about it on black since i havent seen any real clean looking black LS's in person. anyway i cant wait to get the LSE grill

btw, the chrome B-pillars look like cheap @$$

2011-04-13 11.36.36.jpg

my 04 LS is silver. I really didnt want to buy a silver car and i test drove 6 other LS's before buying the one i did last week. i have a strong preference for black and would also prefer white over silver. but everything else about the one i bought was perfect. it's in imaculate condition, garaged by an old guy who had thorough service records, its fully loaded, it has a V6 (which i like for the fuel economy) and the price was fair especially considering there were almost no other LS's for sale by private owners and the dealers are all asking way abouve blue book. So i settled for silver cuz i woulda been an idiot to pass it up. It also has custom 18in chrome rims that i love (pic below)

all that said, i think the chrome looks great on the the silver birch. i dont have an opinion about it on black since i havent seen any real clean looking black LS's in person. anyway i cant wait to get the LSE grill

btw, the chrome B-pillars look like cheap @$$

Personally I would sell those rims and get something nicer. They are not my cup of tea. Otherwise you have a nice car.

The LS is fiberglass.

I'm not so sure about this, but maybe somebody can correct me. :confused:

As far as I know, the hood, trunk, and fenders are aluminum and the bumpers are plastic (of course). I'm guessing steel for the doors and the rest of the body I believe... what parts are fiberglass?

oh, and BTW Dnyce - car looks much better!

Last edited:
I'm not so sure about this, but maybe somebody can correct me. :confused:

As far as I know, the hood, trunk, and fenders are aluminum and the bumpers are plastic (of course). I'm guessing steel for the doors and the rest of the body I believe... what parts are fiberglass?

oh, and BTW Dnyce - car looks much better!

Correct, I think the bumpers are actually something like polypropylene or polyurethane (still plastic to me). I'm pretty sure he was just generalizing when he said fiberglass.

Personally I would sell those rims and get something nicer. They are not my cup of tea.

i was thinking the same thing

lol well i dont like your guys' rims
love my rims (kinda wish they were 20's but i think i'll be happy once lowered)

in all seriousness tho, what about a wheel would make it "nicer" ? just looking for more feedback.

in all seriousness tho, what about a wheel would make it "nicer" ? just looking for more feedback.

I think you'll find that a majority of member here like them some 5 Star wheels. Something simple and classy.... to go with the LS's look

How do you love them if you wish they were bigger? I agree with Vil on the rims. Your rims are too gaudi and don't belong on a LS. I could care less if you like my rims, I like them and get compliments all the time. In fact you are the first person to say something negative about my rims, but to each his own.

How do you love them if you wish they were bigger?
i love the design and i love that they sit flush with the tire, makes em look a little bigger. and i like the chrome on the silver cars. im not sure if would want them in 20's or not and i'd have see them on i suppose. but like i said i, once its lowered i think i'll be happier with the 18's

Your rims are too gaudi and don't belong on a LS.
hmm

I could care less if you like my rims
my dad could beat up ur dad. im just kidding.
and i was just kidding about ur rims. idc what u put on ur car. actually i cant even see ur rims in your avatar lol and i didnt find any pics in ur profile
and we all get compliments from at least some ppl.

idk
i like the 5 star on my sporty car (04 Stratus R/T Sedan) and the bigger rims (as in more rim material) on my classy car

i bet those alloys from the stratus would look great on the silver LS also tho

EDIT: god i need to lower that stratus tho

2011-04-18 16.12.17.jpg

Actually i cant even see ur rims in your avatar lol and i didnt find any pics in ur profile

Well if you would read my signature, you would have seen a link to more pictures of my car. I think the sentas, if you like a flat faced rim (no lip), look awesome. They have a lot of nice wheels for sell on here from time to time.

Members online

No members online now.
Back