What custom/aftermarket parts are you looking for that you can't find?

FALECF4

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
After doing a bunch of reading and catching back up with the forum I have noticed that there are a lot of parts that us LS guys can't find anymore or they are extremely expensive. I have been doing some research and I can actually make some of these parts. For example I could make a replica McLaren grille, 2nd gen two-piece grille, clear corner markers, ect. What is the actual demand for some of these things? I know the grilles are a BIG one but chime in and I'd like to hear what others are looking for.

Thank in advance for the input!

This should also give me some practice because I would eventually like to create my own body kit. I think an LS with side exhaust would be epic!

After doing a bunch of reading and catching back up with the forum I have noticed that there are a lot of parts that us LS guys can't find anymore or they are extremely expensive. I have been doing some research and I can actually make some of these parts. For example I could make a replica McLaren grille, 2nd gen two-piece grille, clear corner markers, ect. What is the actual demand for some of these things? I know the grilles are a BIG one but chime in and I'd like to hear what others are looking for.

Thank in advance for the input!

This should also give me some practice because I would eventually like to create my own body kit. I think an LS with side exhaust would be epic!

I'm not a fan of that look so much but I think it would be difficult to do if you planned on using mufflers of any kind theres just no room under the main body of the car, but if you just had resonator or straight pipes you'd just have to bend pipe over to the side and cut a hole in your body kit.

Plus you would be mighty close to the ground with the tip.. You would have to have it hang down to miss the pinch weld..

I'm sure if you could replicate the McLaren Grille at a reasonable price, you would sell quite a few of them.

With the side exaust you'd deffinitely have some clearance issues, especially if its a lowered LS. One possible idea is to remove a small section of the ground effects and have it come out right before the back wheel well and use slim rectangle style exaust tips. I think the "pinch weld" that was mentioned will still be a problem though.

Make a gen 1 lse rear valence, Pshh u would make a killing.. if it was legit

I'd be interested in the McLaren grille! I've been looking for one but they are just too much $$$.

Wow so the McLaren grille is that popular still. I would probably do it as a two piece design, like a gen2 grille, for ease of molding. Plus then it would be easier to paint and then you could do mesh too if you wanted. Now I just have to get my hands on a nice gen 2 grille to work with. I am going to see what I can do as far as making emblems that fit in the grille and rear surround. I'll be working on that this week. Any other parts guys? Clear corners or tails, are those hard to come by? I could probably do a euro style gen1 tail.

And to those commenting on the side exhaust. It was an idea I've played around with in my head where the exhaust would likely just have to consist of the cats and resonators. As far as the pinch weld area the exhaust pipe would have to be oval shaped or a rectangular tubing at that point so I don't think clearance would be a big issue either way.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, LSE front and rear valence. Now those parts are just cosmetic aero parts that attach to the bottom portion of the bumpers right? It's not all one piece. I have an LSE so I guess I should go look at that a little more closely. And just one more question for clarification, the gen1 LSE parts would fit either gen LS if I made say a carbon copy of the ones from my car?

I've thought several times , looking at passing LSs on the road. Straight back and center would look good. Just my 2 cents though ! I'd be interested in Gen II clear corners.

Ok, so here is the first project. I will be making these emblems since you can't buy them as a separate part. I will be making a few versions: a copy of the original, one without the Lincoln star, one with a clear Lincoln star so it can be back-lit and maybe one with my own little something. The background can be made any color and the Lincoln star can be any color too. I will be making the Lincoln star independent and then covering it in the clear part of the emblem. Does anyone know of a spray paint that would produce a high quality chrome that I could use to paint the star?

Sorry for the crappy quality, phone cam.

LS EMBLEM.jpg

Hoepfully you wont dissapear like the last guy who was going to make all this stuff for the ls.

What a bout a gen2 rear valence as well?

clear corners might sell too, but they would have to be perfect

You can already buy those, I have them, and side markers. I would be more interested in the previously unobtainable and/or hard to find items.

Wow so the McLaren grille is that popular still. I would probably do it as a two piece design, like a gen2 grille, for ease of molding. Plus then it would be easier to paint and then you could do mesh too if you wanted. Now I just have to get my hands on a nice gen 2 grille to work with. I am going to see what I can do as far as making emblems that fit in the grille and rear surround. I'll be working on that this week. Any other parts guys? Clear corners or tails, are those hard to come by? I could probably do a euro style gen1 tail.

And to those commenting on the side exhaust. It was an idea I've played around with in my head where the exhaust would likely just have to consist of the cats and resonators. As far as the pinch weld area the exhaust pipe would have to be oval shaped or a rectangular tubing at that point so I don't think clearance would be a big issue either way.

well now that you mention tails how about the two tone gen1 lse tails those I would most def be down with!!!

Loomis22, what is unobtainable? I can do clear corners. Are they the same size for either gen?

Oh yeah, almost forgot, LSE front and rear valence. Now those parts are just cosmetic aero parts that attach to the bottom portion of the bumpers right? It's not all one piece. I have an LSE so I guess I should go look at that a little more closely. And just one more question for clarification, the gen1 LSE parts would fit either gen LS if I made say a carbon copy of the ones from my car?

I have a gen 1 lse, and the front bumper portion is all one piece where as the rear valance just attatchs to the bottom of the regular sport bumper, i would love to see someone reproduce these parts as i think there is a great demand for them.....also the gen 1 lse front bumper will fit on the gen 2 its just the size of the headlights that would be different, where as the rear should fit on either generation with no issues...im sure some others will chime in also

Loomis22, what is unobtainable? I can do clear corners. Are they the same size for either gen?

Only Gen1 needs clear corners. Gen2's have colored reflectors that can be replaced.

Just things I'd personally be interested in: all clear tails, yellow and black lincoln emblems, gen1 lse kit and spoiler. Bout it for my wish list!

Just things I'd personally be interested in: all clear tails, yellow and black lincoln emblems, gen1 lse kit and spoiler. Bout it for my wish list!

All Clear tails would be sweet!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back