What custom/aftermarket parts are you looking for that you can't find?

I would be interested in buying a lightly smoked clear corner for the Gen1 LS. I live in Milwaukee your pretty close to me and we both have Gen1 LSEs. What color is yours?

I'd also be down for the McLaren grille as well. Two tone Gen1 Tails would sell big time and I'd love an extra set. I'm very paranoid about damaging my two tone tails because they are so rare.

Thanks for all of the responses! I would love to do all of this stuff right away but that isn't quite practical so I'll start with emblems and work my way to other things.

-emblems should be pretty easy in any color

-McLaren grille will be next on my list since it is so popular. I will likely make it a 2-piece so it can be made more easily which should also make it easier to paint and better looking than the original.

-clear or two-tone tails hopefully wouldn't be too hard but it is my intention to do just the lens and not actually recreate the entire tail light. If I do make an entire tail light assembly it would be a redesign to an all LED tail.

-for clear corners are we talking the reflectors in the bumper or the amber lens in the headlight?

-if all of these other mods sell well then I can get to LSE body parts sooner! I personally would like to redo my wing because there is a dip in the middle where the brake light is. It seems like it is a stock manufacturing flaw but IMO it should be SMOOTH!

-another idea I've been tossing around is a signal mirror. Idk if 2nd gen LS's have this option but I'd like to see a euro style where a part of the mirror housing is clear with the turn signal in it, not the type that blinks through the actual mirror.

I'll post up pics when I get some emblems made.

Thanks for all of the responses! I would love to do all of this stuff right away but that isn't quite practical so I'll start with emblems and work my way to other things.

-emblems should be pretty easy in any color

-McLaren grille will be next on my list since it is so popular. I will likely make it a 2-piece so it can be made more easily which should also make it easier to paint and better looking than the original.

-clear or two-tone tails hopefully wouldn't be too hard but it is my intention to do just the lens and not actually recreate the entire tail light. If I do make an entire tail light assembly it would be a redesign to an all LED tail.

-for clear corners are we talking the reflectors in the bumper or the amber lens in the headlight?

-if all of these other mods sell well then I can get to LSE body parts sooner! I personally would like to redo my wing because there is a dip in the middle where the brake light is. It seems like it is a stock manufacturing flaw but IMO it should be SMOOTH!

-another idea I've been tossing around is a signal mirror. Idk if 2nd gen LS's have this option but I'd like to see a euro style where a part of the mirror housing is clear with the turn signal in it, not the type that blinks through the actual mirror.

I'll post up pics when I get some emblems made.

Someone has actually done this mod before. Can't remember who it was but it was a few years back.

Someone has actually done this mod before. Can't remember who it was but it was a few years back.

That's cool, I'd like to see how that turned out. It could be done a couple of ways. He probably did a one-off though and I will be doing all of these parts so that I can produce them pretty quickly over and over.

Here's a few ideas.

edge led.jpg

index.jpg

vw mirror.jpg

white led.jpg

Got a bunch of the stuff I'll need to start making emblems. Now I'm just waiting on the silicone for the mold and the plastic to make the actual emblem.

Well I actually was thinking $10-15 and mine will be much better than those. The ones there are a flat acrylic piece as mine will have the same shape as stock with the rounded edges. And! as a bonus for members here I will be able to do other things in place of the star which I will show some examples when I get them made. I could probably make ones like that for about $2-4 each.

But thanks for bringing that to my attention! I don't want to end up making something that can be had cheaper by everyone else.

It can be done, I may just have to work with you on the color matching part. I can do different colors but for a color match spray paint might not cut it. Like I said I will be doing a couple different versions of the emblem. One will be like the stock one where the star in indented in the back and another I will make the star first and then embed it in the clear where the back ground can still be painted after. For the second type the star will have to by painted beforehand and it won't be able to be changed after that.

I would definetly be intrested in the gen 1 two-tone tails, i could send you a set of the just lenses to mess around with.

I would definetly be intrested in the gen 1 two-tone tails, i could send you a set of the just lenses to mess around with.

Yes! That'd be perfect! I don't quite know when I'll get around to it but I'll let you know. I want to get these emblems started first and see how that goes.

My stuff finally shipped out of Cali just today so I should have the stuff I need to get this started on Friday and I will start pouring molds and parts on Saturday!

I have been looking for a black centercap for the rims with silver lettering.

I have been looking for a black centercap for the rims with silver lettering.

Black center cap for the stock rims? Silver lettering or did you mean chrome? What lettering would you like it to have? "LS", "LS V8"....

The stock centercap, but instead of it being silver with black "LINCOLN" on it, I want black centercap with silver "LINCOLN" on it.
Lincoln-LS-wheel-center-cap-hubcap-2003-2004-2005-OEM-for-sale_150524030051.jpg

Ah, haven't seen that kind of cap. If you could send me one I could get it done much easier. PM me if you want to work something out.

I have a 2005 V6 non sport I believe, And im not gonna send it so I ride around with no centercap lol

Ok, well then I don't have a part to copy. You could have no hubbies for a while, but that's just my idea. If I happen to come across on around here the I'll keep your request in mind.

Members online

Back