few day time pics of new brakes.

BAD97LSC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
i did my brakes last week before we left for the keys but didnt take any day pics, the new rotors look great on the car and the calipers are now blue. the car stops so much better now and i have zero vibration when braking unlike i did with the old cobra rotors. i also clay bar'd the car i havent done anything since having it pro buffed and it was looking sad, it looks like it did the day i had it buffed again.

newbrakes003.jpg

newbrakes005.jpg

newbrakes004.jpg

newbrakes007.jpg

newbrakes001.jpg

Now that I think of it, I don't think you ever told us what your custom plate was gonna say. I like it tho.

Jamie, your rotors are on backwards. :lol:

Also, please be on top of them. My rotors ended up cracking in 14 spots around the vent holes. :( They just sent me another set and changed them to just slotted since my rears already were replaced by them under warrenty. The holes look cool but if you drive spirited like me then they can get hurt kinda easy. The slotted versions will be more durable.

the rotors arent on backwards the slots are supposed to go forward thats how they trap air, if they were the other way the slots would be facing the wrong way. you have yours on backwards.

Did ya not notice the little "L" and "R" stickers on them? I understand your though but they are still on backwards.

IMGP1075.jpg

IMGP08002.jpg

ag_08r8_wheelbrake.jpg

gt3-cross-drilled-rotors.jpg

far be it from me to insinuate that an expert is wrong...

SO... Bill, YOUR wrong.

PS the slots are not for "catching air" they are for giving hot gases a place to escape so the pads can remain in contact with the rotor.

oh well since smart ass couldnt stay away long enough to come on here and say :q:q:q:q to me again i'm gonna leave the :q:q:q:qing things that way hows that.
and sapper mine didnt have stickers on them!
funny how i was right about gman's car though.

and tommy you can go :q:q:q:q yourself, i never claimed, nor asked to be called an expert, you said that :q:q:q:q, i just disagreed with you because i knew it had nothing to do with the cruise control and god forbid someone argues with you , you go off the deep end every single time you dont want to ever be proved wrong, i just was on my brakes, and they are staying that way, i dont care, i'm not gonna start a war with bill and sapper, i own it now, i'm wrong and thats ok with me.

oh well since smart ass couldnt stay away long enough to come on here and say :q:q:q:q to me again i'm gonna leave the :q:q:q:qing things that way hows that.
and sapper mine didnt have stickers on them!
funny how i was right about gman's car though.

and tommy you can go :q:q:q:q yourself, i never claimed, nor asked to be called an expert, you said that :q:q:q:q, i just disagreed with you because i knew it had nothing to do with the cruise control and god forbid someone argues with you , you go off the deep end every single time you dont want to ever be proved wrong, i just was on my brakes, and they are staying that way, i dont care, i'm not gonna start a war with bill and sapper, i own it now, i'm wrong and thats ok with me.

welcome to the deep end buddy, jump in the water is fine.

for a billy badazz, you sure got a thin skin...jeez

I would love to put them on my car but they wouldnt look right because I dont have a cutout in my bumper. I think I might just do chrome turn downs.

billy bad ass, is that all you can do tommy is come on here and insult everyone? thats all you do, in every single post you make, its so old man. why do you think thats all you can do on here? does it make you feel better? honestly its mind blowing. i dont get why you cant be civil ever. i never ever said anything bad about you on here, i liked you, then you come on here and attack me because i disagreed with you, all the sudden its talk :q:q:q:q to jamie like i have done to every other member here, then you say :q:q:q:q lvc you are outta here, now here you are still going on talking :q:q:q:q about me. its amazing dude. now you will sit here and wait to see everytime i am wrong so you can open your mouth and talk :q:q:q:q, i'm not perfect, i never said i was, but you go out of your way to tell me now, do i intimidate you tommy? does it bother you that so many people look up to me, i personally hate it, i am no mark VIII god, i dont know everything about them, but when i know i am right about something, we found out that you are furious about it. wtf man? get over it tommy.

Honestly, I'm sure that on our cars, hell even all the way up to F1 :q:q:q:q, the direction of the rotors really doesn't matter. I have seen though where the vanes inside the rotor can make a difference.

Uhhh...only post I made regarding your brakes was.."looks good Jamie" ...how come I gotta be in the middle of it
...and I personally don't care if you leave them on the wrong way or not..but since I AM a brake/susspension/steering EXPERT ....they are on backwards and if you continue to run them that way..they will wear out faster and blah blah blah...your car thou dude, do what ya want

i wasnt saying anything about you sapper, i'm trying to figure out why tommy insists on attacking me. thank you for telling me they are wrong though, when i feel like it, i'll turn them around.

Check the vanes inside as Dan mentioned. Some manufactures have them facing the 'wrong' way though the inside vanes do face the right way...

It was a question I had the first time I ever bought these kind of rotors before. I believe they should only face that way (how Jamie has them) if there are no slots and the rotors are ceramic. The slots clean the pads and you want that to push the crap to the outside to be discarded, not the inside. Also the cooling principal is different. The rotors get hit on the face with air and it goes in the holes and pushes the air out of the veins.

I aint starting a war eaither Jamie, just trying to help my cars evil twin out. :p

i hear ya bill i appreciate like i said when i have the time and feel like it i will turn them around, but for now, got way too much going on to worry about them.

Ya know, I never even looked to see if these rotors had directional cooling fins in them ...do they?

has any one had any issues after installing there cross/slotted rotors!!! mine seem to sweek when i press the brakes

has any one had any issues after installing there cross/slotted rotors!!! mine seem to sweek when i press the brakes

Not with mine. Had them for about 3 or 4 years. I don't put a lot of miles on them. Got them off ebay too. My buddy told me I'd be replacing them two months later, but they are still going strong.

Hey Jamie,

Man you car is beautiful. everything from the paint to the wheels. Don't sweat the small stuff. Hey by the way were did you get the 18" Saleen rims?

Members online

No members online now.
Back