ok guys who have done cobra brake conversions in here.

BAD97LSC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
guys, whoever put the cobra rotors on my car and drilled them to the mark bolt pattern i swear they were done with a hand drill, a tape measure from big lots and a whole lot of keystone ice. they are not even remotely drilled centered on the rotor so when i hit my brakes it feels like i hit a curb at 80 mph and bent my wheels. i am looking at new drilled and slotted cobra rotors on ebay, some guy has a pair brand new 11.65 inch rears for 69 bucks free shipping. but he doesnt have any fronts, i'd rather buy from one source, any advice as to where i can go? my shop partner has a massive bridgeport and all that machine crap so i'm sure he can drill all 4 of them for me no problem, but i dont want some super space age rotors i just want some drilled, or slotted, or drilled and slotted rotors for under $250 lead me to the light please!!

Advance can get brembo rotors for the cobra. If you want I'll give you my numbers to get 20% off of those :q:q:q:qs.

Mike

My only request is.... Could you send me a pic of how the anti-rattle clips are installed between the caliper and the bracket? My baer's are rattling pretty bad, and driving me nuts!

The fronts should be centered by the hub, and the rears by rings (if you have them.)
If you have access to a bridgeport/machine shop like you mentioned, a set of rings should be cake to make... ;)

If you do order from advance online by May 29th they are give you a $50 gift certificate for future purchases.

I bought my rotors from autoanything.com

My only request is.... Could you send me a pic of how the anti-rattle clips are installed between the caliper and the bracket? My baer's are rattling pretty bad, and driving me nuts!

Next time I see my car I will post a pic
But the clip goes on the same side as the
Pin that holds the pads in the rounded part
Of the clip points out so the clip puts pressure
on the opposite side of the pad

I only order from Barkemotive on ebay. You can get the Power Stop rotors for under $200 for the complete setup. Its what I have on mine, what Duck has on his, what my 97 had, what my last 4 Mustangs had and what Sapperfire has. They are not rotors I would use for severe track duty but for agressive street driving they are fine and priced right.
When I did crack a rotor they had new ones out to me the same day free of charge. :)

I only order from Barkemotive on ebay.

not trying to be critical but it's Brakemotive. lol, i couldnt find Barkemotive...looks like a good deal. pads, rotors free shipping, nice price too. Thanks for the tip Laser!

That link is not for you! :p

And yeah they are not bad. My ceramic pads are quiet and pretty low dust. Car stops much better then stock. I need to change my front pads though. I saved some money and didnt order my set with front pads as the Cobra calipers came with stock pads but they suck compared to the PS Ceramics.

That link is not for you! :p

And yeah they are not bad. My ceramic pads are quiet and pretty low dust. Car stops much better then stock. I need to change my front pads though. I saved some money and didnt order my set with front pads as the Cobra calipers came with stock pads but they suck compared to the PS Ceramics.

I never in my life would have just went out and bought ceramic pads but when I bought the 95 from Jamie, it had ceramic pads on it and I never see a spec of dust and they stop on a fuggin dime. I don't have all the drilled and slotted stuff and really don't need it because I don't drive the car much but thought I would just add some good words about ceramic pads. I would never switch back to the normal chit.

thanks guys looks like i will be doing some online searching tonight, i'll check out the info given above. you like them pads terry dont you, i never beilieved in them either till i tried them! my grey 93 will put you through the windshield if you breath on the peddal!!!

Jamie, I was just trying to keep you in your price range and plus it's free shipping and lifetime warranty. Nothing to lose besides time from what I see. They'll also beat anyones price, guaranteed, so they say.

clicky

i bought mine for the cobra off ebay and got posi quiet pads with them and they are real good about the brake dust... i pick more dust up off the roads when i spray shinny stuff on my wheels and tires... thats link isnt the one that i bought but it fit your price range and im about 90% sure 94-04 cobras have the same pads and rotors...

i already have rings in the rear.

i just bought 4 new rotors, drilled and slotted with evolution ceramic pads too front and rear although i cant use the rear no biggy i have EBC greens on the rear that will remain on the rear. got everything for $165.95 shipped. and my buddy matt said he wont charge me to drill the bolt pattern in the 4 of them. works for me!

Sounds like a great deal :)
I'll have to replace my rotors some time this summer I think too...

now i want to paint my calipers too, i dont like the stock silver color, whatever i paint them, i will sand the paint back off the word cobra so that stays silver, but what the hell is gonna look good on black besides red, i dont want red calipers again like my 98 had.

i have a whole can of this color duplicolor brake caliper paint whats the opinion on this color?
G2blueebay.jpg

the calipers on my 93 are this color. might be hard to see
002.jpg

Any color goes with black so it's preference, any other highlight colors anywhere on the car or inside? The blue would look good I'd think...

i already have rings in the rear.

i just bought 4 new rotors, drilled and slotted with evolution ceramic pads too front and rear although i cant use the rear no biggy i have EBC greens on the rear that will remain on the rear. got everything for $165.95 shipped. and my buddy matt said he wont charge me to drill the bolt pattern in the 4 of them. works for me!
You're welcome..... dick. :p

I tried looking for some ferarie rotors but the hubs are to big on the rotor to fit our car unless I haven't looked at the right ones

Members online

Back