Delrin HID Adapters

are 9006 bulbs brighter then 9005's?

Also, I remember a thread on this forum (or another) talking about centering issues with the original bulbs; some sort of offset being built into the design. Is that an issue with these?

are 9006 bulbs brighter then 9005's?

Also, I remember a thread on this forum (or another) talking about centering issues with the original bulbs; some sort of offset being built into the design. Is that an issue with these?

No, the 9006 base is just slightly larger, and they fit in the housing better.

I'm not aware of any issues with the bulb centering.

No, the 9006 base is just slightly larger, and they fit in the housing better.

I'm not aware of any issues with the bulb centering.

Neither am I... I spent like an hour staring at a 9005 and comparing it to the OEM 9500, and as far as I can tell, the adapters/spacers will work fine. The arc tube will remain very close to the stock location, and although the arc tube in a 9005 is a bit smaller, the optics of the reflector should not be affected.

Got and installed mine today DLF, thanks for the quick shipping. Really nice workmanship with them and fit the car perfectly.

I did have a little issue since the base of my 9006's was slightly bigger than the hole allowed for. Wasn't to big of a deal as I just had to drill it a little bigger with a 1" drill bit.

The main point is these work 10x better than my ghetto solution I had for about 6 months and now I will not be ashamed to show someone my retrofitted headlights. :)

Also with these the beam with the cutoff is very good, pretty much like factory as far as I can remember (been a few months).

Thanks again...

Got and installed mine today DLF, thanks for the quick shipping. Really nice workmanship with them and fit the car perfectly.

I did have a little issue since the base of my 9006's was slightly bigger than the hole allowed for. Wasn't to big of a deal as I just had to drill it a little bigger with a 1" drill bit.

The main point is these work 10x better than my ghetto solution I had for about 6 months and now I will not be ashamed to show someone my retrofitted headlights. :)

Also with these the beam with the cutoff is very good, pretty much like factory as far as I can remember (been a few months).

Thanks again...

You're quite welcome.

You're the first person ever to mention an issue with the diameter of the center hole?! :confused:

I use a .875" bit when I make these.

jamie97lsc or THANATOS, Did you have a similar issues with your 9006's?

You're quite welcome.

You're the first person ever to mention an issue with the diameter of the center hole?! :confused:

I use a .875" bit when I make these.

jamie97lsc or THANATOS, Did you have a similar issues with your 9006's?

I had no issue with mine, it was a perfect fit. I got my bulbs and ballast from ddmtunning.

pioneercrazed, where did you get your hid kit from?

dlf- i have the kit in my hand it doesnt not come with the piece that i menioned ealier what do i do or can u make that peuice for me and ill pay extra for it?

dlf- i have the kit in my hand it doesnt not come with the piece that i menioned ealier what do i do or can u make that peuice for me and ill pay extra for it?

No, I can't make that. Strange, it comes with every bulb I've seen.

HPIM1030s.jpg

HPIM1032s.jpg

should i just buy a new hid kit 9006 from that place DLF recommanded

Members online

No members online now.
Back