changing instrument cluster and dash lights.... custom colors.

one of my lights on the gear shifter went out,the + sign bulb. Guess I can start this project. How much time was spent taking everything apart. What was needed for the job, I'm guessing your stand screw drivers and probably a soldier gun.

LongislandLSE, the + button is illuminated by the same bulb as the P/N/R/D section.

There's only two bulbs under there that illuminate the whole gear selector. Here's a picture, with arrows pointing to where the bulbs are located when assembled.

P4080883.jpg

ACtually I don't thinkt he message centers are blue, they still look green. Just the quality of the photo. I'm sure you would have to get a blue unit to change those, which im geussing would have to be made and not be worth it

Dude that is definitely cool. Big thumbs up considering it has been thought up plenty of times but yet-or till now-to be executed.

Many said it almost couldnt be done.

Now go match the rest of the interior lights! Thats gunna be fun!

pektel, I'll check tonight but that's what jt looked like to me. The + was really dull to hardly even lit. IDK

one of my lights on the gear shifter went out,the + sign bulb. Guess I can start this project. How much time was spent taking everything apart. What was needed for the job, I'm guessing your stand screw drivers and probably a soldier gun.

It's easy to change out the bulbs. I currently have green LEDs in there because as stated before there is a green overlay on the shift letters.

It's easy to change out the bulbs. I currently have green LEDs in there because as stated before there is a green overlay on the shift letters.

Under the shifter?

Someone said something about the plastic lenses being a frosted green or something I thought?

Think it changed with production?

Yes, you pull down the little plastic piece on the bottom of shift knob to reveal a screw. Unscrew it and take off the shift knob. Then you just pull out the center console and once you get to the shift plate you just twist and pull the bulbs out. The lens is plastic green, I put green LEDs in so it is a darker almost more bluish sort of green. I would definitely be interested in a different color though.

Oh Ok. I had something different in mind by your post. I thought you were saying there was a piece of plastic between the lens ( on the sift indicator ) and the bulb that was green or something.

pektel, I'll check tonight but that's what jt looked like to me. The + was really dull to hardly even lit. IDK

The + looks dull because the light has to travel around a curve to get to it. I plan on just tapping into the wires, and installing another bulb directly underneath that part.

Does the Park/Reverse buttons look slightly duller than the lower ones? Then it probably is the upper bulb.

The + looks dull because the light has to travel around a curve to get to it. I plan on just tapping into the wires, and installing another bulb directly underneath that part.

Does the Park/Reverse buttons look slightly duller than the lower ones? Then it probably is the upper bulb.

You could probably wire a few LEDS together and hot glue them to the designated spots on the plate individually.
Gets rid of that escaped light or obstructed light do to it just being a bulb for all of them.

Shiettt...I would try this myself if I knew what type of LED bulb and where to get them

Thats the point of this kit. He includes the bulbs we need for every part as he has been working on this for quite some time it seems.

Let this guy make some buck off of us, if you're willing to pay the 200 he said for the kit, then you're good to go. I don't see how it's fair to ask him all the specific part numbers and accessories needed to make the kit yourself. I mean until he gets a list of everythign thats actually included in the kit, we cannot really determine if its even plausible to gather the parts ourselves.

Its like the angel eyes, you could search and try to find the kit peices yourself and order them all for alot less probably. But the chances of you finding all the correct parts is most likely rare. That's why people buy kits, because they don't have to worry about all the other garbage of a DIY project.

just anxious..i've been tearing apart my interior for the last couple weeks, and I want to try to finish everything in the relatively same time period

but if he gets the package soon, I'll obviously buy it off him. Nothing wrong with making things easier. As hard as I've worked on my car, that's what I need.

LongislandLSE, the + button is illuminated by the same bulb as the P/N/R/D section.

There's only two bulbs under there that illuminate the whole gear selector. Here's a picture, with arrows pointing to where the bulbs are located when assembled.

yep, the top bulb is out

Props....

I've actually looked into this myself before I got my last/current job...and you can actually look up all the bulb sizes if you know where as well as order them online(also if you know where, but b/c he took time to do it himself, and share it, it's only fair that I don't tell some details)...but for some one to actually take the TIME required and DO IT... :eek:
... I gotta give my props!

I used to have the reverse glow blue & green gauges in my '87 Trans Am, and I LOVED them...plus, with that parchment color LS now....I'd love a white or blue light combo!

Lastly, $200?!?!...I'd order a set.

Members online

No members online now.
Back