changing instrument cluster and dash lights.... custom colors.

at some point I will be getting it all done in red, instead of blue. so I'd be up on the offer :-D

Hey everybody...

Wow, I was expecting a response, but wow, never thought this many people were interested.....

This has been an ongoing project for almost two days after I bought the car.... so I have been working on it for a while.... I have had that instrument cluster in and out of the car at least 7 or 8 times.... changing the bulbs with different ones and so forth.... with the wrong bulbs you get hot spots in the cluster and it just doesn't look right.... but now, as you can see in the picture... looks pretty good with the right bulbs....

I have changed out all my interior map lights and door lights as well with super white led's the same day I bought the car...

For those who were wondering.... the kit will include ALL the bulbs and the plastic gear selector panel... for all peices... door lock switches headlight switch, power window switches.... etc...

As for the sport shift gear selector... I have not seen one, or how it goes into the center console.... so I have not made a mold of it.... If someone is willing to dontate a peice in order to let me try to make a mold of it... that is fine... but let me finish my peice first so that I can know for sure before I take the risk of destroying someone elses gear selector unit.

also forgot to add: The information center in the instrument cluster for the low gas warning and the odometer, those will always be green unless we can find someone to remake them in a different color.... this also goes for the heater control digital display.... probably a little on the outrageous price side to have those colors changed....

Do we have an eta? I'll be down for just the bulbs and not the gear panel (I have the sst). Do you have a price just for the bulbs, directions, etc?

What about for the steering wheel buttons? Instructions will be included for doing the gauges correct? Does anyone know if the white face gauge kits are a different LED or if they are just an overlay? I really want to do the super uv leds with the white gauges.

I'm interested...very interested.. but the only question I have is what's the replacement avenue available to any of us who purchase and a bulb is bad/goes bad quickly? I think it's reasonable for those of us who pony up the funds to get the bulb list and where to purchase. Yeah...there is a chance that the bulb list info may get leaked to others but for $200 bucks....I would like to be able to order a replacement myself and save the delay in getting it to me.

I agree that this guy should make some money as he has done a heck of a job!!

so...any update of when we can all get us a kit? im sure i speak for many when i say we're all excited for this mod.

Perhaps OP was in over his head on this one. Another awesome LS mod that alot were interested in, but was never executed.

Come on now, wheres the kit ?? Nothing yet ? what went wrong?? :confused:

Come on now, wheres the kit ?? Nothing yet ? what went wrong?? :confused:

Stop bumping this dead and unwanted thread. the OP is a douche and hasn't posted in forever. Let this thread die! Or I'll start posting random sh*t again!

Has to be done.:mad:

4chan-error-girl-Dont-fight-the-inevitable-Let-the-thread-die.jpg

beating-dead-horse.jpg

I had forgotten about this thread but it would've been great if it continued.Why hasn't anybody else attempted this? Is it that hard to take out the old bulb and stick new ones in? I'm going to try it once I get my car back, might order an extra gauge cluster so mess with that first.

I had forgotten about this thread but it would've been great if it continued.Why hasn't anybody else attempted this? Is it that hard to take out the old bulb and stick new ones in? I'm going to try it once I get my car back, might order an extra gauge cluster so mess with that first.

i was thinking about doing the same thing you can buy clusters off ebay for like 20 or 30 bucks. i mean ive seen some threads on other forums how to do this to cars but does this involve any soldering ?

Members online

No members online now.
Back