Please Post pics of your Trunk Audio Setup

DMcBrideBoston

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Looking for ideas as to what can be done.

I need to keep the functionality of the spare tire in the wheel well.

Thanks

Dave

not being rude at all, I appreciate the link...I guess I wasnt searching the right parameters....I should have used the word trunk...

Thank You

oh your welcome. it's just sometimes people take offense when someone else tells them there's already a link for it. i've asked question on here before and i know there is a link but can't find it as you mention because of the parameteres. i hope that link is helpful, mine is on there which i plan to update as soon as i throw in my other hi's amp plus another battery and another 15" if i can make the custom enclosure to fit them in there. and i want to put another layer of phat-mat on there as well.

I removed the trunk matting from the floor of the trunk. Slid my sub box in. Made the beauty boards for the wall and sides. Then cut and wrapped a false floor. If I need to, I can remove the floor and side walls in a matter of seconds. It makes for EASY access to the spare tire and anything else. Battery, power inverter, spare tire, spare trunk mat, etc.

LS 95.jpg

LS 96.jpg

i wish i had access to my spare. i keep it at my moms house and she has to drive it out to me if something happens. i actually took out my audio today and it took me roughly 1.5 hrs. had to do it so they can repaint my bumper

Here's a quick shot of my trunk set up. Check my photo gallery to see more. I still have access to my spare but I keep a 9-iron in the well to prop up the trunk floor.:cool:

trunk.jpg

trunk.jpg

Thanks Everyone for the help. Rollin LS, do you have any pics that were taken mid setup or with more detail. I think something like this is how I am going to go. Access to spare is important to me.

my trunk setup: 2 12" kenwood 12's 1200w max each. 1000w kenwood amp. 8gauge wiring to stock headunit and alpine 8ch system (now 6ch system due to removed stock dual 6x9 enclosure).

4tpow85.jpg

6eupdfb.jpg

54bbsrm.jpg

Here's a quick shot of my trunk set up. Check my photo gallery to see more. I still have access to my spare but I keep a 9-iron in the well to prop up the trunk floor.:cool:

View attachment 29096

Looks good, basic and clean, the Kicker grille always looks good.. I just ordered a pair of r type 10's to replace my 10w7, I'll have to post pics when they come and I getem put in...

Right now I have an amp mount where the spare would go. When I take long trips, I move my amp for the trip and put a spare tire there. The amp will be permanantly moved soon, since I have etched glass above it and you cannot see the amp anymore.
trunk1.jpg

trunk2.jpg

trunk3.jpg

trunk5.jpg

trunk6.jpg

TRUNK UPDATE.jpg

trunk1.jpg

trunk2.jpg

trunk3.jpg

trunk5.jpg

trunk6.jpg

TRUNK UPDATE.jpg

All the lower pieces are cut exact and are pressure fitted. Go in easy and come out easy. Back piece has two hidden screws that are easy to take out. It is also pressure fitted.

is it hard installing subs and amps on these cars. It should be pretty easy since the battery is at the bac. What should i get too make it less harder on my battery, good guage wiring? Power converter? Should i run 2 12's or one big 15? Does it rattle in these trunks? Whats a good way to prevent rattling? Can the stock deck run subs and amps? Or im i better of getting a dvd unit?

Thanks

Stock deck will run anything as long as you wire it in correctly. First question you have to answer is how loud do you want it. Stock system with subs then you need a rca converter for the amp, amp, subs, box, and amp kit. If you want it louder then you need aftermarket head unit, new mids and highs, good subs, good amp, and good amp kit. I would replace the Head unit, unless you have Nav. Yes they do rattle alot. Before installing your system, pull everything out of the trunk, including carpet. This goes for the decklid too. Use dynamat or whichever affordable knockoff you want to get and coat the whole trunk, then cover it back up with the carpet. Dont forget to cut out a piece of thin foam to go behind your license plate. I think alot of rattle makes your luxury car look and sound like @ss.

Hmmm i yeah im not looking for anything to loud. Just some thump. Hmm so they rattle alot seems like you have to do alot of work to make it sound nice. i also agree with the rattling it makes your car sound and look ugly.

Looks good, basic and clean, the Kicker grille always looks good.. I just ordered a pair of r type 10's to replace my 10w7, I'll have to post pics when they come and I getem put in...

Thanks man. That is exactly what I wanted. Basic, clean, access to the spare, and retain at least half of the trunk space. I wasn't wanting anything too loud so I kept my other 12" type R for a spare when I blow this one (had the two running in my previous vehicle). I'm glad someone noticed the Kicker grill... I saw it and had to have it. I didn't feel too bad about mixing brands since it doesn't say "kicker" on it. :rolleyes:

There's not a piece of equipment in your trunk that I haven't installed, wouldn't mind having in my own car, and would stand behind em.. good stuff.. I'm not sure I could forget the kicker grille... If the garage was slow for a day we would polish em or paint em (high gloss colors) they were always big sellers...

Thanks Everyone for the help. Rollin LS, do you have any pics that were taken mid setup or with more detail. I think something like this is how I am going to go. Access to spare is important to me.

What do you need to see or know? I can tell you how to do the same set-up and post pictures walking you through it. Its pretty easy.:)

My alpine type R 12" in a sealed .87ft enclousure sounds like crap. It doesnt hit hard at all and the lows sound distorted. I had a sound store install it and they said they "tuned it" but i know alpines dont sound like this.what can i do to make them sound better mess with the gain?

My alpine type R 12" in a sealed .87ft enclousure sounds like crap. It doesnt hit hard at all and the lows sound distorted. I had a sound store install it and they said they "tuned it" but i know alpines dont sound like this.what can i do to make them sound better mess with the gain?

what kind of an amp are you running it with? my friend just bought two of them and he only had one amp to the both and it sounded drowned out. but when he had them individually they hit hard. so he got another amp. maybe your problem is that you don't have the ohm's matched up properly. go through all the settings on your amp and make sure you have the sub hooked up properly.
also, sometimes the settings on your deck are messed up sometimes. are you running it with the stock radio? if it's aftermarket there should be settings to adjust.

what kind of an amp are you running it with? my friend just bought two of them and he only had one amp to the both and it sounded drowned out. but when he had them individually they hit hard. so he got another amp. maybe your problem is that you don't have the ohm's matched up properly. go through all the settings on your amp and make sure you have the sub hooked up properly.
also, sometimes the settings on your deck are messed up sometimes. are you running it with the stock radio? if it's aftermarket there should be settings to adjust.

im using stock radio and i took it back to the people who installed it but they were busy so made a appointment for monday. they sound distorted and cant hit highs well. im running one on a rockfordfosgate punch 400s i think its called.i have a 2ohm sub as well.

Im picking up my 4 Mtx 10's and two blue thunder amps this week Ill be making a box and porting through the rear deck, will post pics this weekend.

Members online

No members online now.
Back