Please Post pics of your Trunk Audio Setup

im using stock radio and i took it back to the people who installed it but they were busy so made a appointment for monday. they sound distorted and cant hit highs well. im running one on a rockfordfosgate punch 400s i think its called.i have a 2ohm sub as well.

I believe I know the problem. The RF punch 400 (assuming you have the 2 channel model) is not stable at 2Ω in bridged mode (running one sub). It is rated at 400 watts RMS at 4Ω bridged which is adequate power for this sub and the enclosure you specified. But if you do have a single voice coil 2Ω sub you should not use that amp to power it (I did not know that alpine type R subs were available in single 2Ω variety, mine is a dual 2Ω sub). If you do have the dual 2Ω variety be sure it is wired in series not in parallel. If your sub and amp are not matched that is what is causing the distorted sound.
My sub/amp combo sounds great. It does not pound out my fillings but I do get crisp deep bass out of it.

See amp specs here.

See sub specs here.

My Trunk

Here's my setup I put in about 4 month ago.

SOLOBARIC L7 12 in KICKER BOX

KICKER 750 AMP

2 FARAD CAP

system 002.jpg

system 003.jpg

system 004.jpg

rickztahone

rickztahone, how do you get that 15 that far back in the trunk towards the seat, when i set my box in there this is as far as it would go because the top was hitting the rubber trim on top..

lincoln woodgrain004.jpg

Its a little sloppy now but i will fix it soon

Lowes spilled the paint they paid for it i just havent fixed it yet. But the rest of the mess is all my fault.

messytrunk.JPG

soundstream.JPG

rickztahone, how do you get that 15 that far back in the trunk towards the seat, when i set my box in there this is as far as it would go because the top was hitting the rubber trim on top..

sry eastcoast didn't see the post till now. the box where i have the kicker has an angle at the back and is tuned to maximum performance. i can take other pictures as well so that you can get an idea. i'm currently away from digitial camera though so maybe later.

Sorry. Been out of town. I don't mind at all.:)

Sorry, I have been dealing with the whole hitting a mattress thing....car being in the shop and what not..

Do you want to post up in this thread or send an email or whatever, I dont know whats easiest for you.

Thanks

Dave

i get the idea, is it a custom box or just a generic off ebay?

i bought it from an audio shop, so nothing special. it kicks though

Can I take that big as$ grey/black piece out of the top of the trunk?

wtf is it?

Can I take that big as$ grey/black piece out of the top of the trunk?

wtf is it?

Yeah it will come off with some persuasion. I guess it is there to 'dress up' the trunk. It covers the bottom of the rear deck to make things look pretty.

Sorry, I have been dealing with the whole hitting a mattress thing....car being in the shop and what not..

Do you want to post up in this thread or send an email or whatever, I dont know whats easiest for you.

Thanks

Dave

I can post up pictures here.:D Where do you want to start?

I can post up pictures here.:D Where do you want to start?

I know this thread is really old but I've been trying to figure out a new setup for my rear subs and I really like yours. you think you can post some more detailed picture I don't want to babe to take out my subs everyone I need to get to the tire or battery! I didn't want to start an entire new thread for this. Thanks.

Is there a thread on here for how to install a subwoofer on the LS? I've searched around but can't find anything.

Yeah. There was a good one from a few a months ago. I think it is called My Sub Build.

Hopefully Rollin chimes in, I really like his setup and plan on doing it myself. Right now i have a JL in the back in a big awkward box, So i want to clean it all up.

Members online

No members online now.
Back