What did you do to your LS today?

Doobie time LOL

That turned out really well for rattle can. I understood you hit it with some clear afterwards? Orange peel much? If so, wet sand clear coat once hardened for a for weeks and polish it back to shine with compound and buffer.

+1

Ps: Should have done the chrome grille and rear plate surround at the same time. It's need etch primer though.

Doobie time LOL

That turned out really well for rattle can. I understood you hit it with some clear afterwards? Orange peel much? If so, wet sand clear coat once hardened for a for weeks and polish it back to shine with compound and buffer.

+1

Ps: Should have done the chrome grille and rear plate surround at the same time. It's need etch primer though.

actually no orange peel what so ever.. however... the doobie time before the spray actually made me miss some bondo that needed to be sanded down hahaha where the "chrome" trim would of been on the passenger side lol.. oh well im going to keep it on there for a month or so and then sand it down again and take it to my good buddies body shop and give him a case of beer and supply the paint.. I couldnt justify spending almost 300 for a gallon of ford ebony black and then having to build a make shift spray booth in my back yard for just my bumper so i hit up canadian tire and bought some paint and clear. its good enough for now and it looks mint at night haha

i found a diamond in the rough..
yesterday as soon as I left work my front passenger lower balljoint broke in half $80 for towing I went to autozone and got a balljoint for like $30 then all the machine shops said the usual press wont fit the arm and since I cant be without my car I went to the junk yard and got an arm with the joint $30 BUT while I was at the yard I found a LS bumper the one with the round foglights I wanted it so bad but it had a crack in it so that was a no but it did have the chrome grille in perfect condition other then missing the emblem so I got it that thing was $25!! its like $200 on ebay

Plastic bumpers can be repaired. Specially such a hard-to-come-by '06 bumper cover.

Snow foamed the whip today

SNOWFOAM.jpg

Front Upper control arms. No more creaking noises when turning and going over bumps. I was able to get the drivers side rear nut off by lifting the degas bottle and using a long, low profile ratchet.

20170701_210053.jpg

Last edited:
Had the windshield replaced today.
grab a hose and hose down your windshield with the hood open to see if they sealed the wiper cowl properly.. they tend to warp the shit out of the plasitc cowl not knowsing how crucial it is for stopping water from leaking onto your engine. trust me its worth the 3 minutes it takes... see if any water leaks ontop the top of the motor.

... see if any water leaks ontop the top of the motor.

"Engine appearance cover"
... then runs down onto coil cover at Cyl #4

Inspect washer sprayer tubing, plastic elbow and joints.

Inspect passenger wiper arm to cowl foam gasket.

Pulled left front hub off my 2001 Getrag which I'm supposed to be rebuilding and put it on my 2000 silver bullet automagic 202,000 mile LS. That cured what ailed it - an awful bearing type noise and a rubbing type sound when turning. :) It did not turn off the ABS light. :(
Strange issue with the ABS light - checked for codes and there are none. Reset all codes and the ABS light is still there. Hmmmm ...:confused:

my black ls had an intermitting stumble when warm so i bought denso inderium plugs since i got the car weeks ago and put on road and have been enjoying it and did a 600 mi trip and put about 1k in the 2weeks ive owened it..so yesterday i put plugs in gapped to 39. and to my suprise it ran worse and started trowing misfire codes.. switched coils around same shit...parked car and pulled out credit card to rock auto and paid for 8 motorcraft coils with rush order to the tune of about 390 dls or so.. they will be here by mon.. im jones in w/o my sled.. the car is awsome.. anyone have any simular experiences.. i did think it was a coil going bad to begin with..
IMG_0649.JPG

...Strange issue with the ABS light - checked for codes and there are none. Reset all codes and the ABS light is still there. Hmmmm ...:confused:

What specific tool are you using to check for codes? (Many won't pull ABS codes.)

What specific tool are you using to check for codes? (Many won't pull ABS codes.)

The tool is an Innova 3130e. But I know it pulls ABS codes cause it has done so in the past. Also mighty strange that I cannot reset the light. Could I perhaps have shorted something out in cable etc when doing the R&R I wonder.

grab a hose and hose down your windshield with the hood open to see if they sealed the wiper cowl properly.. they tend to warp the shit out of the plasitc cowl not knowsing how crucial it is for stopping water from leaking onto your engine. trust me its worth the 3 minutes it takes... see if any water leaks ontop the top of the motor.

"Engine appearance cover"
... then runs down onto coil cover at Cyl #4

Inspect washer sprayer tubing, plastic elbow and joints.

Inspect passenger wiper arm to cowl foam gasket.

Yeah I was out with them the whole time BS'ing, did that, had to corrected it (cowl)! Also had to replace a 90deg and T-fitting :mad:

Not really what I did "to" but what I did "with" my LS. I drove it 60 miles from home and back and it is running really well. All of the wrenching is paying off , but I did pack lots of my tools, and some pre-mix coolant just in case.

update, 8 motorcraft coils today, all is well...thanks for all ur info joe n rigs.. i learned the hard way on the ivory car which im still in the process of tuning in but when my driver (ebony) started acting up i bit the bullet.. time for the breathing mods and a tune now...anyone use octane booster on these cars any gains? im just running shell ultra 93 now

octane booster wont do anything unless your 93 fuel is rubbish.

the cars OEM tune is set around using 91 octane, so unless you knock sensor is detecting knock and retards your timing, having higher octane fuel (while safer) will not give you a boost in performance.

now if your having your car tuned and you want it tuned hot enough to need better than 93, I'd get tired of always having to add octane booster every time you fill up. an easier way off boosting octane would be either corn or race fuel. nut then why are you pushing it so hard to the edge? I can't see any reason for that unless you're hitting the bottle or boost hard, in which case meth might even be easier. also, everybody going boosted so far has been plenty fine with normal pump gas (just more of it)

After a month long hiatus during the busy season at work and fixing the leak in my bank account caused by two kids in college, it's time to get back to giving the LS a little TLC! Over the course of the last two months I started to see why Rigs always keeps a spare battery on the charger! I picked up a new Exide battery at Home Depot for $109, which I thought was a great deal. Now up on the ramps to chase down a pesky oil leak.

20170711_192726.jpg

20170715_151025.jpg

You're kidding ... Home Depot in the USA sells car batteries? ... I must talk to our dope smoking Priminister. Can't get car batteries at HD here in CDN. See how deprived we are.

Last edited:
Wet sanded some scratches on hood, I finished my first rim that I'm blacking out...work work work work I should've just blasted them ....There coming along though....found out I need lower ball joints and all bushing to be replaced in the back but not bad for never being replaced until 180.000

that battery doesn't seem to have a vent tube.

I'd probably just have spent the extra $10 to get the correct battery from the dealer and not take an unnecessary risk.

After a month long hiatus during the busy season at work and fixing the leak in my bank account caused by two kids in college, it's time to get back to giving the LS a little TLC! Over the course of the last two months I started to see why Rigs always keeps a spare battery on the charger! I picked up a new Exide battery at Home Depot for $109, which I thought was a great deal. Now up on the ramps to chase down a pesky oil leak.

View attachment 828566131

View attachment 828566132
Where is your oil leaking from? I'm asking because a while back I had a small leak thought it might need a new pan gasket I replaced the plug for $1.99 and low and behold the leak stopped.

View attachment 828566131

View attachment 828566132

That is very much the wrong battery. That is not showing the LS any love. In the long term, you cause corrosion in the trunk (and the electrical bus and electronics modules in the trunk). It is also very unsafe as you could have a hydrogen fueled fire/explosion in the trunk and cabin.

Members online

Back