What did you do to your LS today?

Looked at that. even from below under splash shield. ...

Remove the plastic piece over the radiator, and you may have to remove the passenger side radiator bracket (top one). Then look at the passenger side tank near the top facing forward, opposite of where the upper hose attaches (facing rearward). That seems to be where they leak, when they leak. The DCCV should also be a suspect.

Yeah Plastics were removed both top and bottom and I couldn't find any residue or fresh on anything, neither at the DCCV or Aux. I'll keeping an eye on it and will have to have another look. Thanks. There were a couple little white spots in spray format on the Intermediate Steering Shaft knuckle, which is possibly something from the Degas area. Could be mud spray also. <shrugs>

#ParkonCardboard

Had an easy weekend. In my 199K silver bullet I changed the oil! Wow. Mobil1 5W-20 and fram filter. Also replaced rear brake lamp - 3157. Had one layin round. Also found problem causing one headlamp to be intermittent - the connector had partially fried. I cleaned up a little and closed up the female with pliers and it works again. Will add this connector to my list for a boneyard trip.
On 125K old gray mare I replaced the 3156 in the high brake lamp. Had one layin around! Was easy once I learned of the keeper tabs in the trunk.
On the 198K V6 I pulled from my 5speed Getrag LS I continued trying to get the engine front cover off. It's really stuck. Tried attaching my engine puller to 2 bolts I put in a short way on front lower and cranking it up a bit then pounding available spots with wood and BF rubber H. I can now pull it about 1/8" apart at top by chains. May have to find a place where oil dont go and try prying it off. Or something.

Just picked up some nice almost brand new 19" Jag wheels for my 05. GOPR0987.jpg

GOPR0987.jpg

Put a for sale sign in the Window. If anyone is interested, i'm selling my 2005 LS V8 Sport with 99,900 miles on it.

Gotta quit working on this car, soon as I fix one thing ...

Did the above over the weekend. Drove it today and a horrible annoying CREAKing sound coming from the front end again. It had gone away month or two ago now for some reason is back. Embarrassing to drive.

Mounted my old (01 LS8 Sport) 5 spoke wheels with nice Michelin snows' and new Dorman lugnuts. All re-balanced and cleaned up.

Black summer FX rims are going for rash repair and repaint over the winter.

lse1.jpg

lse3.jpg

Kinda like the look of the plain 5 spokes.

lse2.jpg

lse1.jpg

lse2.jpg

lse3.jpg

Good:300-mile drive, completing my first LS road trip since I got it a month ago. Lovely. Made a slight detour to grab some all-season wheels since mine came with winter tires on less handsome rims, so that's something to look forward to in spring.

Bad: 20 miles from home, I see a hubcap rolling towards me too late to avoid it, makes contact and leaves a BIG CRACK IN THE BUMPER COVER :mad: Guess I'll try and epoxy it when the weather warms up?

300 miles is considered a road trip? LOL, no disrespect but 3258mi every week in 5 days is a road trip ... granted not in an LS of course.

Bad deal on the cracked bumper cover, like you said, fix when warms up. Good luck for sure.

Kinda wish now I would have rattle canned them in a dark gun metal.

Just winters for now, lost a wheel weight on the FX wheels and one is curbed, which I bought like that, so they are getting cleaned up and going on next summer with some new rubber.

I finally got to an oil change after 2 years and 18,800 miles. The oil was still clean! The Wix oil filter has done it's job very well.
d6d6844da2f3abb45e9477a63b0053b6.jpg
f1d2f5a593c001276219e56a877b679b.jpg
ffa4138f285eed9e8f21a0a95177d3d1.jpg
3f50cec153ed0ce16dacd7027b1e3ee1.jpg
0b61c8d6446ce4ecfa51bd3bc33d22b6.jpg
52c94e82afb45c11144a0dafe1c2ef43.jpg

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Crazy stuff right there Robot, I start feeling guilty when half a year goes by.

Do tell. Why would you assume that?

Why would I assume that a filter designed for six months of service would be clogged enough to bypass before 18 months? I don't know. Just crazy or stupid I guess. (Could be both.)

Why would I assume that a filter designed for six months of service would be clogged enough to bypass before 18 months? I don't know. Just crazy or stupid I guess. (Could be both.)
Well, I would hope it would last longer than 6 months. Maybe we don't need filters anymore. The oil was quite clean. I guess I went 18 months with basically no oil filtration.

Who needs filter, they are over rated anyhow.

I kid, I kid ....

I had a coil go out on the dreaded passenger side bank of a V6, misfiring on cylinder 2, the middle one. I changed it and all 3 plugs on that side, but the car still ran badly. Was wondering wtf but using my Autel Maxidiag Elite, I found tools in that thing that made life easier. There are tests which give information on misfires and all kinds of other stuff like O2 sensors, vacuum capacity, etc. The diag ($53 was its name) was calling out around 2.5% misfires on cylinder 6, so I changed that coil and tested it. No difference. So I changed its plug, bingo, problem solved! 20161208_232756.jpg

Not bad for 296,264 miles!

20161208_232756.jpg

Next you'll be touting the benefits of running an unpressurized cooling system!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

That's it ... when I get into higher altitudes I like to pull over and loosen my oil filter a little and run unpressurized. NOT !!!

Say Mikey, could you elaborate on Autel Maxidiag Elite? Really should change out all plugs at same time, if all coils good then leave those but don't run unevenly worn plugs on separate banks.

Fresh plugs but reuse coils is not so bad. It'll work.

Say Mikey, could you elaborate on Autel Maxidiag Elite? Really should change out all plugs at same time, if all coils good then leave those but don't run unevenly worn plugs on separate banks.

Fresh plugs but reuse coils is not so bad. It'll work.

Agreed, Big. I just put this engine in the car last year and had 20K miles on the plugs since installing. Any time you open that side of the V6 it's an automatic plug change with me, but they should have been fine to run longer on. The left bank plug that went bad was also 20K miles old, so not sure what happened. They were NGKs.

The Autel maxidiag elite was a purchase I made a few years ago, after a friend plugged in his scanner of that type into my OBDII port and pulled out amazing data, such as clock spring stored code, a code that said that my cruise control cannot hold speed, and that the right hand side climate control feedback temperature sensor was not ready correctly, in addition to calling out a failed recirculate door actuator! I got it off Amazon for around $260 USD IIRC. It looks identical to $80 harbor freight scanners but is a much different scanner inside. It can tap into your electronic modules and test the whole car out. I ran it last night for sh!ts and grins, and it exercised by steering column telescope and tilt functions, ran the side view mirrors, individually tested each headlamp, fog lamp, directional, front and rear, even the interior lights. Anyway, the live testing while running was able to point out misfires on particular cylinders, as well as O2 sensor outputs, live fuel trim data, etc. Pretty cool scanner. My buddy at work has a 2000 or so Grand Cherokee and my $80 harbor freight scanner would not talk to it, but the Autel did just fine. And it is updated over the web if you need newer coverage.

Members online

No members online now.
Back