Official LS Picture Thread

Finally had the chance to get the new wheels and tires on...
Now just need to install the Eibachs

BD16B453-F3B6-4387-A71B-AEF5BD09550B_zpsfvnssrmd.gif

Some of my favorite wheels!!!!!

With respect to the "strengthens" the transmission. I was hoping to not have people think they could go out and put a Transgo Shift kit in their already ailing, old worn out tranny with hopes that it's some sort of magic shift repair kit that will solve their problems. I can agree to the fact that a shift kit will firm up the shifts considerably and yes it will upgrade the torque handling aspect if you will ... but would it make an already troublesome tranny stronger, No I do not think so, maybe for a little bit but it won't last due to the foot-to-the-floor temptations. Throwing a shift kit into just any old transmission is in my views, something that may last for a while but I'd much rather see someone go the route of a rebuild top to bottom fresh transmission with a shift kit already pre-installed by a professional shop.

If I'm not mistaken the stock transmission was build overrated to handle the LS stock rear wheel torque anyhow.

Here are a few shots of the LS before the rains came in today. I just downloaded photo shop CS6 so I should be able to clean up a lot of the noise in these photos. I just have to learn how to use it.

ls j 1.jpg

Ls j 2.jpg

ls j 3.jpg

ls j 4.jpg

ls j 5.jpg

Here are a few shots of the LS before the rains came in today. I just downloaded photo shop CS6 so I should be able to clean up a lot of the noise in these photos. I just have to learn how to use it.

Definately one of my favorite LS's ever....Very nice Jrt

The Wings West spoiler sure finishes the look of the LS......

View attachment 828468302

Does your spoiler fit perfectly? Mine does not. It flares up a tiny bit on the sides but it is barely noticeable. I think I read somewhere the Gen 2 trunk lid was slightly different by a very small fraction of an inch. The gen 1 trunk lid is flatter on top I guess. I could be wrong.

Does your spoiler fit perfectly? Mine does not. It flares up a tiny bit on the sides but it is barely noticeable. I think I read somewhere the Gen 2 trunk lid was slightly different by a very small fraction of an inch. The gen 1 trunk lid is flatter on top I guess. I could be wrong.

Not really..... I think it would be easier to align if the tape didn't stick tight away. It would be nice to have some wiggle room..... I believe it's more of a quality control issue than anything else.

I love the look of black with black wheels. Definitely one of my favorites.

:cool::cool::cool:
With respect to the "strengthens" the transmission. I was hoping to not have people think they could go out and put a Transgo Shift kit in their already ailing, old worn out tranny with hopes that it's some sort of magic shift repair kit that will solve their problems. I can agree to the fact that a shift kit will firm up the shifts considerably and yes it will upgrade the torque handling aspect if you will ... but would it make an already troublesome tranny stronger, No I do not think so, maybe for a little bit but it won't last due to the foot-to-the-floor temptations. Throwing a shift kit into just any old transmission is in my views, something that may last for a while but I'd much rather see someone go the route of a rebuild top to bottom fresh transmission with a shift kit already pre-installed by a professional shop.

If I'm not mistaken the stock transmission was build overrated to handle the LS stock rear wheel torque anyhow.
understandable but honestly my transmission is actually in great condition. when they took it down, everything was pretty sound. who ever owned the car before me took care of it , they just put a lot of miles on it because they traveled out of state. I just threw the shift kit in to see what the big fuss was about, and how much better can it improve. I only changed the solenoid because the trans was down , some guys in the thread I started about the shift kit said it was best to replace while I have it all out in the open; plus the fact that I have 218k on this car n got paranoid.

My WW spoiler is the same. I have mine bolted down + double sided tape. And the tape comes unstuck in the center part of the top of trunk lid. I need to try and retape it, but I don't want to remove the bolts. Wish there was another bolt to fasten in the center of it.

My WW spoiler is the same. I have mine bolted down + double sided tape. And the tape comes unstuck in the center part of the top of trunk lid. I need to try and retape it, but I don't want to remove the bolts. Wish there was another bolt to fasten in the center of it.

JB weld some threads/bolts?

CAM00805.jpg

84xxx miles i guess it was bound to happen...coolant leeking out from somewhere under TB region. Having ALL cooling parts replaced.:mad:

CAM00805.jpg

Members online

Back