Mark VIII Coyote Code Name: Black Momba phase 2____shooting for 9's

There is ZERO E85 places around me. I would have to drive like 150 miles to another state to find some. If I could find it local I would use it. Problem too is i'm from a frozen state. Alcohol and cold don't mix well.

Frank.. I'm from a frozen state, yours is more like a cool breeze.
If anyone really wants E85 you can get it in bulk. Most oil distribution company's can get it in 55 gal drums.
It does take a bit more to pop it off in the cold and if you leave it in a vented tank for long periods of time with high humidity it will absorb moisture.
I have friends in NC that get 2-3 drums at a time then transfer it to poly fuel containers right away.

Frank.. I'm from a frozen state, yours is more like a cool breeze.
If anyone really wants E85 you can get it in bulk. Most oil distribution company's can get it in 55 gal drums.
It does take a bit more to pop it off in the cold and if you leave it in a vented tank for long periods of time with high humidity it will absorb moisture.
I have friends in NC that get 2-3 drums at a time then transfer it to poly fuel containers right away.
I really don't think my area is a cool breeze lol. -35 at times sucks. Does not matter if it goes colder because that is cold enough. Just for some reason there is NO E85 in my state.
This is from my E85 google search
"New Hampshire E85 Gas Stations

Currently, there are no public E85 gas stations in the State of New Hampshire."

Either way it's cold and I'm done with this winter! If you ever want to come and visit you're more than welcome Frank, we can get you all the E85 you want. :)
Mine will be on E85 once the new motor is in.
I've got an old Logan 10" in the garage that I've been restoring, you'd feel right at home...lol

Either way it's cold and I'm done with this winter! If you ever want to come and visit you're more than welcome Frank, we can get you all the E85 you want. :)
Mine will be on E85 once the new motor is in.
I've got an old Logan 10" in the garage that I've been restoring, you'd feel right at home...lol
Yep we had more snow this Monday. I'm sick of it!!! LOL I have 5 feet of snow still in my yard. (the snowblown stuff) I really really want to run mine on E85 too like you. Even if I buy 55 gal drum I can't travel with car because no stations to fill up at. What state you in?

MN. I'll run a E85 tune, 93 tune, and if I have time to change the pulley I'll get a E85 high boost tune.
On E85 it should put down north of 750 or better, it's just a question of after all that money how far do you take it... Lol
Bobby's coyote motor (twin turbo or not) is proof technology moves on, it is extremely impressive the power these guys are getting on stock internals with a little boost.

E85 Map tells what state...lol

I thought you your going to say Manitoba with the weather forecast for today.

The Speedway a couple blocks over just put in a E85 pump. Time to corn feed the SVO. :)

It's also jumped big time in the past month... From $2.50 to $3.50ish..

What I meant was how you guys approach your build solutions - I'm not doubting your time quotes. It's the way you trouble shoot when trying to get one more tenth and a faster reaction time. So many different problems than circle or road racing or a daily driver. I saw a guy who has a car with a supercharger and alcohol injection? I think that was it. I am assuming he did that to prevent detonation. That's what I mean by imagination. Your race cars only come with general instructions - the fine tuning of each specific car is on the owner. I am going to Woodburn this year, for sure. Several times - I hope. Good luck to all of you racers and builders. Spring is here. :)

1st quarter mile shake down pass.jpg
IMG_93967898136871.jpg
Tune is still way safe and not complete and we are only running 7psi and 11.6 degrees of timing on these passes Fri. night..

1st quarter mile shake down pass.jpg

Looking mean! Nice times for sure. Good to see other MK8's out there on the strip. What trans you running again? I forgot.

98 Black Momba can you speak on what it takes to run E-85 on these cars... is it pretty much a tune and to make sure your fuel pump duty cycle is OK and you are good to go?

98 Black Momba can you speak on what it takes to run E-85 on these cars... is it pretty much a tune and to make sure your fuel pump duty cycle is OK and you are good to go?

Injectors, e85 compliant fuel pump, and a tune.
I replaced my lines with PTFE/stainless but some have run other things with success.
I also replaced the fuel filter with a stainless set up. You can run a paper filter but alcohol absorbs moister if it's left sitting for extended periods of time, it could do bad things... Water and paper filters don't play well together.
I'm sure bobby can add more on his set up.

Injectors, e85 compliant fuel pump, and a tune.
I replaced my lines with PTFE/stainless but some have run other things with success.
I also replaced the fuel filter with a stainless set up. You can run a paper filter but alcohol absorbs moister if it's left sitting for extended periods of time, it could do bad things... Water and paper filters don't play well together.
I'm sure bobby can add more on his set up.

I was thinking of 36lb EV1 injectors and SVT Focus fuel pump. You can't run stock fuel lines?

You can run the stock hard lines but depending on the fuel requirement they may not be big enough, I was referring to the rubber line.
With E85 you're looking at 20% more fuel or more. If you're running boost and the standard kit comes with 42lb injectors, I would look at 60lb injectors with E85.
If you're looking at boost I don't know if 1 focus pump will do it, I would also do a little research and see if or how they hold up to E85.
If I remember correctly that focus pump cost me more than a walbro 465 and flows half as much. You may be able to get away with a single 465 depending on the power you plan to make, you'll have to do the math for HP vs fuel flow.
I'm running 10an feed and 8an return, 80lb injectors, and 2 walbro 465 turbine pumps. The pumps run wide open, no FPDM. 1 full time and the second one will come on with a rpm switch.
If you look at lethal performance they offer upgraded fuel kits for mustangs based on power/fuel. Some of those kits are $2000 plus, search for deals and you save a lot of money but you only want to build that fuel system once.

Members online

Back