Mark VIII Coyote Code Name: Black Momba phase 2____shooting for 9's

..i'm seriously considering keeping my 31 spine Cobra rearend in place but going to Level 2 axles and T-Bird diff housing for strength,already broke one aluminum on the 28 spline setup and had every brace you can put on it..lol:wrench:wrench:wrench:wrench

Are you sticking with the 31 spline halfshafts or moving up to 33 or possibly 35 spline halfshafts?

Nice build!! :cool:

I'm actually running the complete stock 28 spline set up right now,ran out of money to do the DSS Pro Level axles..

If you have the chance to get the dss shafts I recommend them highly, that is what's going in mine. They do quality work and know their stuff.
What did it lay down for power?

So how am I a newB? Been building this car in different phases since June 2011

You are a newbie to this SITE. Not your car. Around here you can't run 9's without rollcage,that's why I was asking. Also need 5 point harness when roll bar/cage goes in.

AJE k member?

Sure looks like it, I know Dan had one laying around, AJE's web site still has the t bird k on it.
Hope it stays put and works better then its track record, but I'm sure it can be improved on... not a street part by any means.

Sure looks like it, I know Dan had one laying around, AJE's web site still has the t bird k on it.
Hope it stays put and works better then its track record, but I'm sure it can be improved on... not a street part by any means.

Someone from AJE said they still make it, but agreed, I have been told repeatedly that it's rather...'bendy'.

The imagination of you 1/4 mile types blows me away. Your engineering solutions for exhaust and engine placement is unique. The post about the added safety gear is good thinking. If you only get one pass, then expire in the wreck, that would be a big downer. Did you order a crate Coyote or find one wrecked? Do you guys still race 1/4 mile or are most sanctioned events 1000 feet like top fuel? I have almost zero experience with drag racing.

1/4 mile is still big and in most places. Down south they like 1/8 mile alot. I have not heard anyone running 1000 ft but pros. Any local tracks by you? You should go check it out and run on a street night and have some fun.

The imagination of you 1/4 mile types blows me away. Your engineering solutions for exhaust and engine placement is unique. The post about the added safety gear is good thinking. If you only get one pass, then expire in the wreck, that would be a big downer. Did you order a crate Coyote or find one wrecked? Do you guys still race 1/4 mile or are most sanctioned events 1000 feet like top fuel? I have almost zero experience with drag racing.

I'm still trying to understand what you are eluding to olddavid about my imagination on 1/4 mile types? I run both 8th and 1/4 mile tracks down here..only 8th mile test/shake down passes so far this past sunday @ Houston Motorsports Park..
We are only running 14 deg. of timing right now and very fat on the E85 till we get the MAF lined out but she did make a very promising pass considering the 60' is very low but 105 is only 6 mph off my buddies 1/8 mile passes that has the same setup in a 13 Coyote TT on 12lbs of boost and we are only running 7..lol 20140330_220425[1].jpg

these slips are my friends TT runs1239193_553943341337419_1052892043_o[1].jpg

20140330_220425[1].jpg

1239193_553943341337419_1052892043_o[1].jpg

If I don't run out of gear in the 1/4,9's should be easy pickings once we get the 2 step and new plugs put in tomorrow and hopefully I can hit 9's on only 7lbs of boost..lol

You're lucky you can get E85. How far do you have to go to get it and how much a gallon now? I heard it jumped like .75 cents in one day ,couple days ago.

You're lucky you can get E85. How far do you have to go to get it and how much a gallon now? I heard it jumped like .75 cents in one day ,couple days ago.

I don't know what it's like to get E85 in TX but here in MN it's pretty common and cheap. The price has stayed consistent and we haven't seen a increase. I would be interested if people have other places, I know they were introducing E15 at a few station as well as select-a-pumps that had preset mixtures.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396438191.032324.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396438191.032324.jpg

I don't know what it's like to get E85 in TX but here in MN it's pretty common and cheap. The price has stayed consistent and we haven't seen a increase. I would be interested if people have other places, I know they were introducing E15 at a few station as well as select-a-pumps that had preset mixtures.
View attachment 828466593

****,it's always been cheap here in Houston,around 2.65-2.80 until I started using it..lol 1st time i got it for start up it was like 2.79 and regular was 3.25ish something like that,a week later i went to the same station and it was 3.15 i think and regular was 3.30..WTF? it's really a rip off if you use it in a daily driver but a beast in a race car..lol I don't even think we have that many stations in all of tx,on both apps i have to locate it there are only like 8 or 10 stations in houston most of which are on the ritzy sides of Houston..

There is ZERO E85 places around me. I would have to drive like 150 miles to another state to find some. If I could find it local I would use it. Problem too is i'm from a frozen state. Alcohol and cold don't mix well.

I don't know what it's like to get E85 in TX but here in MN it's pretty common and cheap. The price has stayed consistent and we haven't seen a increase. I would be interested if people have other places...

Plenty of gas stations selling E85 around MI. Was around $2.41 per gallon at the beginning of March, however it has since jumped up to around $3.50 per gallon :eek:.

Members online

No members online now.
Back