Mark VIII Coyote Code Name: Black Momba phase 2____shooting for 9's

98 Black Momba

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok,everybody today will be the last time Black Momba will see the track till next March or so....Gonna to start tearing her apart and work on cutting serious weight,build up the lower end to hold 700-900hp and start the journey to forced induction..just not sure if i want to go SC or turbo/turbos...but she will continue to be full interior except for racing seats & cage due to safety regulations..I'm seriously considering keeping my 31 spine Cobra rearend in place but going to Level 2 axles and T-Bird diff housing for strength,already broke one aluminum on the 28 spline setup and had every brace you can put on it..lol:wrench:wrench:wrench:wrench

Your going to have a hard time getting the car to even stay the same weight. To go 9's you will need to add roll cage(120lbs) 5 point harness(5lbs),window net and mount(5lbs),5 layer fire suit(10lbs),neck brace,gloves,2 DS loops(20lbs),then the weight of the complete turbo/supercharger/intercooler setup(50lbs) then your adding cast iron diff(15lbs) and heavier axles(10lbs) That's 235lbs right there.

Your going to have a hard time getting the car to even stay the same weight. To go 9's you will need to add roll cage(120lbs) 5 point harness(5lbs),window net and mount(5lbs),5 layer fire suit(10lbs),neck brace,gloves,2 DS loops(20lbs),then the weight of the complete turbo/supercharger/intercooler setup(50lbs) then your adding cast iron diff(15lbs) and heavier axles(10lbs) That's 235lbs right there.

I can show you better than I can tell ya..and we'll leave it at that.....

I say go Turbo as it has been stated on here that it would be impossible to do as there is no room.

Plus I am a Turbo guy so...

picked up a used 76mm for 100 bucks yesterday..just needs Journal bearings and rebalanced,and yes there is plenty room if you can be creative and custom fab everything yourself..As I will be doing and there is some serious weight reduction to be had in the seats,tank,all non essential stuff now on the car that is not being used anymore after the swap..and then there is the K member which is a monstrous hunk of steel that can be addressed..I'm not one to take the easy route as I'm sure some can see now lol.. 20131112_190405.jpg

20131112_190405.jpg

looking forward to what you do with the k-member. i've been thinking of ways to build a tubular member and switch to a different lower control arm setup from sumthing with readily available adjustable coilovers and springs

ugh struts.jpg
Now there's something you don't see every day. A Mark VIII that acrually does have MacPherson struts!!!! :lol:

That is one bad a$$ setup. The Coyote looks right at home under the Mark's hood. Can't wait to see what she runs at the strip. :)

ugh struts.jpg

Yeah at least he's not a pussy foot and never race it. This will be getting flogged at the track.

Members online

Back